The Police : Video: Texas officer says blacks have 'violent tendencies'

blazejay

Apr 14, 2012
Well all I got to say, It will be wise to avoid 12(police) at all cost, especially my sisters it seems now even though this happen last year, they targeting y'all for no reason.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Well all I got to say, It will be wise to avoid 12(police) at all cost, especially my sisters it seems now even though this happen last year, they targeting y'all for no reason.

Remember Sandra Bland?

We must tighten up all the way around, blazejay.

Queenie

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
Oh really? Black people have violent tendencies, huh? If we do, we learned it from the best.

VICTIMS OF THE CHRISTIAN FAITH
Ancient Pagans
  • As soon as Christianity was legal (315), more and more pagan temples were destroyed by Christian mob. Pagan priests were killed.
  • Between 315 and 6th century thousands of pagan believers were slain.
  • Examples of destroyed Temples: the Sanctuary of Aesculap in Aegaea, the Temple of Aphrodite in Golgatha, Aphaka in Lebanon, the Heliopolis.
  • Christian priests such as Mark of Arethusa or Cyrill of Heliopolis were famous as "temple destroyer." [DA468]
  • Pagan services became punishable by death in 356. [DA468]
  • Christian Emperor Theodosius (408-450) even had children executed, because they had been playing with remains of pagan statues. [DA469]
    According to Christian chroniclers he "followed meticulously all Christian teachings..."
  • In 6th century pagans were declared void of all rights.
  • In the early fourth century the philosopher Sopatros was executed on demand of Christian authorities. [DA466]
  • The world famous female philosopher Hypatia of Alexandria was torn to pieces with glass fragments by a hysterical Christian mob led by a Christian minister named Peter, in a church, in 415.
And more...

White people should study their history like Black people do. They might learn something new but knowing them, they'll find a way to justify anything they do. Truly sad.

Queenie

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
White People Are Fine With Laws That Harm Blacks
The futility of fighting criminal justice racism with statistics.

Snippets following a study...the conclusion was that “exposing people to extreme racial disparities in the prison population” led to a greater fear of crime and—at best—an unwillingness to support reform. For as much as you might be outraged by the vast racial disparities in marijuana arrests, for example, the general public might see the image of a young black man and hunker down in its support for marijuana prohibition.

It’s disheartening. But, if I can indulge my cynicism for a moment, it’s also not too surprising. From previous research, we know that—among white Americans—there’s a strong cognitive connection between “blackness” and criminality. “The mere presence of a black man,” note Eberhardt and other researchers in a
2004 paper, “can trigger thoughts that he is violent and criminal.”

"Indeed, they continue, simply thinking about black Americans can lead people to see ambiguous actions as aggressive and to see harmless objects as weapons.
When Michael Dunn saw 17-year-old Jordan Davis and his friends, he perceived a threat, imagined a gun, and opened fire, killing Davis. “I was the one who was victimized,” said Dunn in a phone call to his fiancée before his trial. It’s ludicrous, but it’s not dishonest. Like many other Americans, Dunn sees black people—and black men in particular—as a criminal threat."

"The dynamic between race, crime, and criminal justice reform is similar. Tell people that blacks are over-policed and over-represented in prison, and it triggers thoughts of crime, which leads to fear, which causes a backfire effect as people follow their fear and embrace the status quo of unfair, overly punitive punishments.

The immediate takeaway is that advocates might want to try different language (or a different approach) in their campaign to reform the criminal justice system. Racial injustice might be the main problem, but that doesn’t mean it’s the problem the broader public wants to solve."

"To go a little deeper, however, I think this study further underscores the extent to which “blackness” retains its racial stigma, even as we move far away from the time of explicit anti-black attitudes. The dramatic progress of the past 50 years hasn’t dismantled America’s racial hierarchy or reshaped its form. The mythical “war on whites” notwithstanding, black Americans remain a disfavored class, subject to negative stereotypes, residential segregation, and rampant police violence.

Not that there aren’t bright spots. Large communities of black Americans succeed and thrive in ways that weren’t possible a few decades ago. But ask yourself, during downturns and recessions, why are blacks the worst off? Why do they fall furthest? Is it some unique pathology? Or is the racial caste system—and our subconscious racial attitudes—more durable than we want to believe?"

Click on the link in the title above to get the full details of the study. To me, this research explains what is happening in a very straight-forward and concise way. And herein lies the dilemma for a racialized America . . . "Or is the racial caste system—and our subconscious racial attitudes—more durable than we want to believe?"

Queenie

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
White People Are Fine With Laws That Harm Blacks
The futility of fighting criminal justice racism with statistics.

Snippets following a study...the conclusion was that “exposing people to extreme racial disparities in the prison population” led to a greater fear of crime and—at best—an unwillingness to support reform. For as much as you might be outraged by the vast racial disparities in marijuana arrests, for example, the general public might see the image of a young black man and hunker down in its support for marijuana prohibition.

It’s disheartening. But, if I can indulge my cynicism for a moment, it’s also not too surprising. From previous research, we know that—among white Americans—there’s a strong cognitive connection between “blackness” and criminality. “The mere presence of a black man,” note Eberhardt and other researchers in a
2004 paper, “can trigger thoughts that he is violent and criminal.”

"Indeed, they continue, simply thinking about black Americans can lead people to see ambiguous actions as aggressive and to see harmless objects as weapons.
When Michael Dunn saw 17-year-old Jordan Davis and his friends, he perceived a threat, imagined a gun, and opened fire, killing Davis. “I was the one who was victimized,” said Dunn in a phone call to his fiancée before his trial. It’s ludicrous, but it’s not dishonest. Like many other Americans, Dunn sees black people—and black men in particular—as a criminal threat."

"The dynamic between race, crime, and criminal justice reform is similar. Tell people that blacks are over-policed and over-represented in prison, and it triggers thoughts of crime, which leads to fear, which causes a backfire effect as people follow their fear and embrace the status quo of unfair, overly punitive punishments.

The immediate takeaway is that advocates might want to try different language (or a different approach) in their campaign to reform the criminal justice system. Racial injustice might be the main problem, but that doesn’t mean it’s the problem the broader public wants to solve."

"To go a little deeper, however, I think this study further underscores the extent to which “blackness” retains its racial stigma, even as we move far away from the time of explicit anti-black attitudes. The dramatic progress of the past 50 years hasn’t dismantled America’s racial hierarchy or reshaped its form. The mythical “war on whites” notwithstanding, black Americans remain a disfavored class, subject to negative stereotypes, residential segregation, and rampant police violence.

Not that there aren’t bright spots. Large communities of black Americans succeed and thrive in ways that weren’t possible a few decades ago. But ask yourself, during downturns and recessions, why are blacks the worst off? Why do they fall furthest? Is it some unique pathology? Or is the racial caste system—and our subconscious racial attitudes—more durable than we want to believe?"

Click on the link in the title above to get the full details of the study. To me, this research explains what is happening in a very straight-forward and concise way. And herein lies the dilemma for a racialized America . . . "Or is the racial caste system—and our subconscious racial attitudes—more durable than we want to believe?"

Chevron Dove

May 7, 2009
In the Spirit of Police Brutality,

Video: Texas officer says blacks have 'violent tendencies'

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Patrol car video publicly released Thursday shows a white Austin, Texas, police officer violently throwing a black woman to the ground during a traffic stop, followed by another white officer telling her black people have “violent tendencies” and whites are justifiably afraid.

Austin Police Chief Art Acevedo condemned both officers’ actions. He called the officer’s comments on the video “disturbing” and said a criminal investigation has been opened against the officer who arrested Breaion King ...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/video-texas-officer-says-blacks-violent-tendencies-230242581.html?ref=gs

In this July 19, 2016 photo, Breaion King is overcome with emotion as she describes being pulled from her car and thrown to the ground by an Austin police officer during a traffic stop in 2015, during an interview held at her attorney, Erica Grigg's office in Austin, Texas. Patrol car video publicly released

OMG! She was arrested for what!? She was pulled over for speeding, but then arrested.

Thank you for posting. I hope to follow this story.

An elementary school teacher. If the tape was not released then, those racist men we would not have the chance to see this. Her voice was mute until someone finally released the tapes. But the thing is all will be released in due time.

there are some evil spirits in this system.

Chevron Dove

May 7, 2009
:rofl: ... But seriously, they cannot continue to hide what they do to us ... No Ma'am :facepalm:

The Recording Angel. All things will be revealed, not only by man made cameras which are only a smidgen of what the complete work of the Recording Angel will do.

Look up at the skies and see and learn and know what the capability of the millions of stars can do. It's only a matter of time that all things will be revealed, ... except for the things that the Creator will choose to blot out.

The more we believe in truth, the more truth will do a perfect work.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
OMG! She was arrested for what!? She was pulled over for speeding, but then arrested.

Thank you for posting. I hope to follow this story.

An elementary school teacher. If the tape was not released then, those racist men we would not have the chance to see this. Her voice was mute until someone finally released the tapes. But the thing is all will be released in due time.

there are some evil spirits in this system.

You are very welcome my Chevron Dove,

Without a doubt, God has a way of revealing all things, especially those things that harm us. The covers are being lifted.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
The Recording Angel. All things will be revealed, not only by man made cameras which are only a smidgen of what the complete work of the Recording Angel will do.

Look up at the skies and see and learn and know what the capability of the millions of stars can do. It's only a matter of time that all things will be revealed, ... except for the things that the Creator will choose to blot out.

The more we believe in truth, the more truth will do a perfect work.

Amen Sister, and here's the biblical version in support of your statements:

Deuteronomy 29:29 King James Version (KJV)

29 The secret things belong unto the Lord our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

Deuteronomy 29:29 in all English translations

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Clarity to pursue my mission in 2020
Destee wrote on Omowale Jabali's profile.
Hi Brother O! YAAAAAY! Good to see you! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year! :heart:
Destee wrote on King Tubbs's profile.
Hi Brother - so good to see you in the house again! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year Beloved! :heart:
Destee wrote on Ms Drea's profile.
Sister ... what did you decide? How will we be moving forward? I've been working, I am excited. I Love You! Happy New Year Beloved! :heart:
One-Hundredd wrote on Destee's profile.
Hope you having a happy holidayz