Black People : Video captures Jasper, Texas, police officers beating woman

MsInterpret

Apr 21, 2007
Washington

[Updated at 5:50 p.m. ET]
A southeast Texas town with a history of racial unrest on Monday fired two white police officers recently captured on video slamming a black woman’s head into a countertop and wrestling her to the ground.
“The amount of force used was abominable,” the woman's attorney, Cade Bernsen, told Yahoo News.
The incident was captured by security cameras at the Jasper, Texas, police headquarters.
Keyarika "Shea" Diggles, 25, was brought to the jail on May 5 for an unpaid fine, according to Bernsen. He said she was was on the phone with her mother trying to arrange to get the $100 owed when Officer Ricky Grissom cut off the call.
There’s no audio on the video, but Diggles and Grissom were apparently arguing when Officer Ryan Cunningham comes in behind Diggles and attempts to handcuff her. When she appears to raise her hand, Cunningham grabs Diggles by the hair and slams her head into a countertop. The officers wrestle Diggles to the ground before dragging her by her ankles into a jail cell.
“She got her hair pulled out, broke a tooth, braces got knocked off … it was brutal,” Bernsen said.
Diggles was charged with resisting arrest for arguing with the officers, a charge dropped on Monday, according to Bernsen.
Cunningham, reached by phone Monday afternoon, hung up on a Yahoo News reporter. A message left for Grissom was not immediately returned.
The officers’ firing comes 15 years to the week after an infamous hate crime in Jasper, a town of about 8,000 people two hours northeast of Houston. James Byrd Jr., a black man, was tied to the back of a pickup by three white men and dragged for several miles until he was decapitated. The high-profile case triggered marches by the New Black Panthers and Ku Klux Klan.
Last year, a majority-white Jasper City Council fired the town's first black chief after 16 months on the job. Rodney Pearson is now suing, claiming his civil rights were violated.
“It’s a different part of the world, man, it’s crazy,” said Bernsen, who's also representing the fired police chief.
READ MORE: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/video-captures-jasper-texas-police-officers-beating-woman-204501776.html

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Byrd all over again, smh ...

JamesByrdJr..jpg

James Byrd, Jr.
James Byrd, Jr. was an African-American who was murdered by three men, of whom at least two were white supremacists, in Jasper, Texas, on June 7, 1998. Wikipedia
Born: May 2, 1949, United States of America
Died: June 7, 1998, Jasper, TX

[Updated at 5:50 p.m. ET]
A southeast Texas town with a history of racial unrest on Monday fired two white police officers recently captured on video slamming a black woman’s head into a countertop and wrestling her to the ground.
“The amount of force used was abominable,” the woman's attorney, Cade Bernsen, told Yahoo News.
The incident was captured by security cameras at the Jasper, Texas, police headquarters.
Keyarika "Shea" Diggles, 25, was brought to the jail on May 5 for an unpaid fine, according to Bernsen. He said she was was on the phone with her mother trying to arrange to get the $100 owed when Officer Ricky Grissom cut off the call.
There’s no audio on the video, but Diggles and Grissom were apparently arguing when Officer Ryan Cunningham comes in behind Diggles and attempts to handcuff her. When she appears to raise her hand, Cunningham grabs Diggles by the hair and slams her head into a countertop. The officers wrestle Diggles to the ground before dragging her by her ankles into a jail cell.
“She got her hair pulled out, broke a tooth, braces got knocked off … it was brutal,” Bernsen said.
Diggles was charged with resisting arrest for arguing with the officers, a charge dropped on Monday, according to Bernsen.
Cunningham, reached by phone Monday afternoon, hung up on a Yahoo News reporter. A message left for Grissom was not immediately returned.
The officers’ firing comes 15 years to the week after an infamous hate crime in Jasper, a town of about 8,000 people two hours northeast of Houston. James Byrd Jr., a black man, was tied to the back of a pickup by three white men and dragged for several miles until he was decapitated. The high-profile case triggered marches by the New Black Panthers and Ku Klux Klan.
Last year, a majority-white Jasper City Council fired the town's first black chief after 16 months on the job. Rodney Pearson is now suing, claiming his civil rights were violated.
“It’s a different part of the world, man, it’s crazy,” said Bernsen, who's also representing the fired police chief.
READ MORE: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/video-captures-jasper-texas-police-officers-beating-woman-204501776.html

skuderjaymes

Contextualizer Synthesizer
Nov 2, 2009
theory to application to discussion to percussion
Occupation
independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
I don't know what she said to them, but she seem to think her words had some power.
she was probably talking about her "rights" the whole time. Drank too much of the coolaid.. folks better start recognizing where they are and how things really are. $100 fine, turned to a warrant to being beating and abused and locked in a dungeon. All that aggression.. those folks are just waiting for any excuse to unleash all of that disdain they have for black folks. I bet the air in the space afterward was electric.. I bet the cops were actually giddy about it.. I bet they told all the other cops about how they had to put her in her place.. I wouldn't be surprised if they jerked off to it.. or had a little bondage sex with their significant other before going to bed that night.

And I really think the camera held them back. Without it, she would've gotten much worse.. and they would have charged her with some felony and put her in the system for good. Thats what they do. And once you disappear behind that penal wall, the whole society forgets you exist.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O Black People : Kids Drawing Video Black People Open Forum 0
O Black People : In The Park Cinematic Shortfilm (Kids VIDEO) Black People Open Forum 0
OldSoul Black People : 50th anniversary of Donny Hathaway's holiday anthem "This Christmas." (New video!) Black People Open Forum 2
HODEE Black People Politics : Count The Vote ... Video Made the Friday before Biden Won 270 Electrorial Votes Black People Politics 0
O Black People : Halloween Fun (Kids YT Video) Black People Open Forum 0
O Black People : THE REMATCH (KIDS VIDEO) Black People Open Forum 0
O Black People : Son Vs Dad (Kids Video) Black People Open Forum 4
O Black People : This Water Fall in Houston is beautiful (Kids Video) Black People Open Forum 0
O Black People : Who Wants to Dance? (Kids Video) Black People Open Forum 0
HODEE Black Education / Schools : The "Day of Reckoning" for Colleges and Universities _ video Black Education / Schools 9
G Science and Technology : Interesting Video of KGB Global Disinformation (Fake News) Campaign Against America Science and Technology 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : Video Shows White California Cop Pinning, Punching 14-Year-Old Black Kid Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 2
HODEE Black Entertainment : Toni Braxton - Another Sad Love Song (Official Music Video) Black Entertainment 1
Chrysalis Johnson Science and Technology : Why are Black video websites struggling? Science and Technology 6
Destee Support : Are you having trouble adding / viewing video in threads? Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 14
Destee Video / Audio : Lil Duval - Smile (Living My Best Life) (Official Video) ft. Snoop Dogg, Ball Greezy Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Destee Video / Audio : YG - My N i g g a (Official Music Video) (Explicit) ft. Jeezy, Rich Homie Quan Audio Video Web Conferencing 1
Destee Black Entertainment : T.I. Has Melania Trump Look Alike Butt-Naked In The Oval Office In New Music Video Trailer! Black Entertainment 5
Destee South Africa : Nike stores closed in South Africa amid outcry over racist web video post South Africa 0
DigitallyBlack Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Fashion Company Featured in Janet Jackson's Made For Now Video Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 0
Chevron Dove Black Christians : VIDEO-Jews are African American Christian Study Group 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : LeBron James and Kevin Durant unite against Donald Trump in new video Black Entertainment 1
C Black People : Martin Luther King/Black Film History Video Black People Open Forum 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : 'Disturbing' video of 11-year-old handcuffed at gunpoint 'makes me physically nauseous' police chief Black People Open Forum 1
R Black Entertainment : Black Film History Video Black Entertainment 1
candeesweet Black Poetry : Video now available Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
IFE Black People : VIDEO: Machete-Wielding Attacker Battles Man With Garbage Can on UWS Street Black People Open Forum 0
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : Dr Welsing video... Black People Politics 0
jamesfrmphilly Law Forum : video-of-a-black-womans-hanging-gets-posted-on-facebook Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
Liberty Black Entertainment : Spike Lee Is 60 Years Old Today! Let That Sink in and Then Reminisce With Us (Video) Black Entertainment 8
IFE Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : A New Standard of beauty (video) Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 5
D Black Entertainment : [Guide] How To Make More Money Selling Video Games Black Entertainment 0
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : Video: Beyoncé - Flawless (Remix) ft. Nicki Minaj Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Destee Namibia : Namibia First Video - introduces itself to Donald Trump Namibia 1
IFE African American History Culture : Kids Address Alternative Facts For Black History Month [Video] African American History Culture 6
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : Video: The truth behind Tamron Hall firing at The Today Show Audio Video Web Conferencing 5
D Black Entertainment : What's your favorite video game genres? Black Entertainment 4
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : Video: DL HUGHLEY: THE REASON ATHLETES AND CELEBRITIES CANT FIX THE BLACK COMMUNITY Audio Video Web Conferencing 8
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : Video: T.I. - Blast Kanye West And Steve Harvey For Meeting With Donald Trump Audio Video Web Conferencing 8
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : Video: ASA - New Year Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : Video: Happy New Year, Baby! Audio Video Web Conferencing 1
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : Video: Ella Fitzgerald - What Are You Doing New Year's Eve? Audio Video Web Conferencing 1
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : Video: Alone On New Year's Eve - The Manhattans Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : Video: Little Milton - Lonesome Christmas Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : Video: Nat King Cole - The Christmas Song Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : Video: DINAH WASHINGTON - Ol' Santa - 1959 Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : Video: Chuck Berry - Run Rudolph Run - 1958 Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : Video: Freddie King - Christmas Tears - 1961 Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : Video: Oscar McLollie and The Honeyjumpers - Dig That Crazy Santa Claus [Modern 943] 1954 Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : Video: Merry Twistmas - The Marcels - 1961 Audio Video Web Conferencing 0