Black People : Unknown No longer, finding enslaved ancestors online!!

Each1teach1

Apr 9, 2008
the dirty dirty for now
Occupation
build up the nation
The Virginia Historical Society has pulled together a database that has been many years in the making. As you may know Jamestown Va was the first place where enslaved Africans landed in 1619 and where the vast majority where African slaves were bought and sold to other states upon entering the colonies. You and I may now finally be able to locate our ancestors as this database is updated weekly. I am so excited, as my grandmothers father told me that his family came up from VA in 1916 and that his grandmother had been a slave there, I hope to find her. Good luck to all of you who are searching as well. Check out the site here http://unknownnolonger.vahistorical.org/related-resources

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : The Unknown Unkind Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
OldSoul OldSoul : 93 Year old Historian shares some unknown History OldSoul 0
blazejay Black People : The Coming Apocalypse of the Unknown Race: Race Relations Black People Open Forum 5
blazejay Black People : The Coming Apocalypse of The Unknown Race Black People Open Forum 23
candeesweet Black Poetry : The unknown Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Keita Kenyatta Egypt : Archaeologists find remains of previously unknown pharaoh in Egypt Egypt 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : Neanderthal Woman's Genome Reveals Unknown Human Lineage Science and Technology 2
Perfection African American History Culture : Secrets Unknown about Black Lesbians African American History Culture 12
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : A UnKNOWN PATH Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
N Black Poetry : THE UNKNOWN X VARIABLE Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
T Black Poetry : Notes from an Unknown Passerby Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
W Black Poetry : Unknown Cause, But Clear Effect… Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
Keita Kenyatta Black People : WE ARE ALL VICTIMS OF LAWS KNOWN AND UNKNOWN. Black People Open Forum 12
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : A Letter to Da Unknown Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
Monetary Black People : Thousands of Birds Drop Dead Over Australia, Cause Unknown Black People Open Forum 4
L Black Entertainment : New Song..."Reasons Unknown"...Lurk Black Entertainment 12
MANASIAC Black Entertainment : Name a Great Unknown Producer (List a track and or album if possible) Black Entertainment 5
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : UnKnown Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 23
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : Da Unknown Body Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
$$RICH$$ Quiet Poetry Lounge : unknown unsong Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
L Black Poetry : THE UNKNOWN KINGDOM Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
L Black Poetry : FACE TO FACE WITH THE UNKNOWN Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
D Black Poetry : Unknown Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
L Black Poetry : Unknown song (dedicated to Mark the homeless gitarman) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
S Black Poetry : UNKNOWN Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
T Black Poetry : Unknown Love Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
N Black Poetry : Sistah Unknown Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
D Black Poetry : A tribute to mama(a beauty unknown) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
HODEE Black People : White kids will no longer be a majority in just a few years Black People Open Forum 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : When the OK Sign Is No Longer OK Black People Open Forum 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : 8 Simple Tips to Live Longer and Healthier Black Health and Wellness 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Internet Technology : Library of Congress will no longer archive all public tweets, citing longer character limits Science and Technology 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Eating More of This Will Make You Live Longer Black Health and Wellness 2
jamesfrmphilly Black People : erykah-badu-says wear longer-skirts Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : 10 Foods That Destroy Cancer and Help You Live Longer Black Health and Wellness 13
RAPTOR The Police : Cop Who Shot and Killed Sleeping 7-Year-Old Girl No Longer Facing Any Charges Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : 12 Foods To Keep You Fuller, Longer Black Health and Wellness 0
Kadijah Black People : The longer you're out of work, the fatter you get! Black People Open Forum 11
Kemetstry Health and Wellness : MORE MUSCLES LINKED TO LONGER LIFE Black Health and Wellness 6
Kemetstry Health and Wellness : RETIRE EARLY, LIVE LONGER? Black Health and Wellness 8
Kemetstry Black Sports : Urlacher No Longer a BEAR?!!? Black Sports 0
Knowledge Seed Black Positive People : Oprah is No Longer the Richest Black Woman in the World Black People Doing Positive Things 10
Shikamaru Computers - Software Hardware : I can't afford a computer is no longer an excuse ... Science and Technology 1
Destee Black People : Have Black People Been Free in America, Longer Than We Were Enslaved in America? Black People Open Forum 15
RAPTOR Black People : Arizona Ethnic Studies Classes Banned, Teachers With Accents Can No Longer Teach English Black People Open Forum 1
Ankhur Black People : 10 Years, How much Longer will Washington Profit, from the Lies about 9/11?? Black People Open Forum 0
jamesfrmphilly Jails / Prisons : study : black men live longer in prison Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 14
Amnat77 Black People : Cubans say lots of sex and tobacco is why they live longer Black People Open Forum 6
noor100 Black Spirituality Religion : Religious People Live Longer Then Nonbelievers Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 9
Ankhur Black People : Now Clean Water is No Longer a Human Right Black People Open Forum 5