Congo : UN workers involved in sexual exploitation in the Congo

Abantu

Nov 17, 2004
And no one pay attention to the sufferings in Congo.. Our "libarators" only left us the legacy of brutality, killings, and ethnic age-new hatreds. RACISM is clearly the International Community priority to Africa and Africans. It's how I feel..

Abantu.

panafrica

Aug 24, 2002
The Diaspora
This is a disgusting situation which is being greatly ignored by the masses!

Six Moroccan soldiers serving as UN peacekeepers in the Democratic Republic of Congo have been arrested over sex abuse claims, Moroccan officials say.
The head of the Moroccan contingent of UN peacekeepers and his deputy have also been relieved of their duties.

The move follows an inquiry by the UN into repeated allegations that its peacekeepers in DR Congo have sexually exploited and abused women and girls.

The six were sent as part of a UN force meant to protect civilians.

Instead it is alleged that the peacekeepers sexually abused Congolese children.

The Moroccan government's announcement of their arrest was immediately welcomed by the UN mission in Congo.

The spokesman, Mamadou Bah, said the organisation hoped the action taken by Morocco would serve as an example to all nations contributing troops in DR Congo.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4262743.stm

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr Food Discussion : North Korean workers prepare seafood going to US stores Food Discussion and Recipes 14
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Study: Undocumented farm workers put food system at risk Black Health and Wellness 0
S Black People Politics : How the Democratic Party Betrayed Workers and Its Base Black People Politics 6
Enki Black People : Hundreds of Chicago O'Hare airport workers go on strike Black People Open Forum 3
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Nude field workers AACOOLDRE 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Missouri Postal Workers Win $1 Million Lotto Prize Black People Doing Positive Things 0
HODEE Black People : Textbook Company to Update Description of Slaves as ‘Workers’ After Criticism Black People Open Forum 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Obama Seeks Overtime Rules Revamp That Could Help 5 Million Workers Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Food Discussion : After 1,450 Blue Bell workers lost jobs - Blue Bell is back Food Discussion and Recipes 8
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Relatives question honor for civil rights workers: Chaney, Goodman and Schwerner Black People Politics 1
OldSoul OldSoul : FINALLY GOT THE NEWS - League of Revolutionary Black Workers OldSoul 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Obama to Bypass Congress and Give Workers Better Pay Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Money Business Jobs : McDonald’s Should Share Billions in Profits With Fast Food Workers: Labor Organizer Black Money Business Jobs 45
Alarm Clock Black People : Largest Fast Food Workers Strike Hits Seven Cities Across US Black People Open Forum 10
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Obama Turns Federal Workers Into Snitches:"straight out of fascist models of government&behavior" Black People Politics 1
Alarm Clock Black People : Philadelphia Parents and Workers Launch Hunger Strike Against Mass School Firings Black People Open Forum 0
Kadijah Black People Politics : Fire American workers and Hire (India) Indian workers Black People Politics 24
Mad Skillz Black People : Happy May Day ... Workers of the World Unite! Black People Open Forum 0
legit-writer Law Forum : Workers Compensation Question Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
1poetsought Black Poetry : Well Documented Workers Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
MsVeraisblessed Black People : If you caught your co-workers making out... Black People Open Forum 6
MsInterpret Black People : Struggling with my new job and co-workers. Black People Open Forum 21
RAPTOR Congo : japanese workers killed mixed race babies in the congo Republic of the Congo 33
B Black People : Cable TV Workers Trained To Spy on Citizens. Black People Open Forum 3
anAfrican Black People : Calling all MHPs, Case Managers and Social Workers!! Black People Open Forum 0
jamesfrmphilly Black People : Dozens Of Call Center Workers Walk Off Job Black People Open Forum 2
D McDonald's Evacuated After Workers Create Toxic Fumes Black Health and Wellness 1
D Black People : Social workers are now TAX COLLECTORS of deadbeats Black People Open Forum 1
Destee Nigeria : Nigerian gunmen abduct Chinese oil workers Nigeria 1
Isaiah Black People : NINTH WARD RESIDENTS CLASH WITH WORKERS REMOVING DEBRIS FROM COMMUNITY... Black People Open Forum 2
MANASIAC Black People : Transit Workers Strike!!!!!!!!! Black People Open Forum 2
D Black People : Cold Truth, Liberating Truth (from Revolutionary Workers syte) Black People Open Forum 10
M Black Poetry : SHOUT OUT TO THE SOCIAL WORKERS!(repost) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
C Black People : The Science Involved Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : $600,000 awarded to man involved in racial discrimination case Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 3
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Who was the 2nd Pope & involved in incest? AACOOLDRE 0
RAPTOR Black People : Woman Involved in Starting McKinney Pool Fight Placed on Administrative Leave by CoreLogic Inc. Black People Open Forum 2
John Williams Black Relationships : Blacks and Whites romantically involved; why does it happen? Black Relationships 445
I Black Relationships : Black women: how do you feel when you see a Black man romantically involved with a non-Black woman? Black Relationships 38
I Black Relationships : Black men: how do you feel when you see a Black woman romantically involved with a non-Black man? Black Relationships 25
Ankhur Black People : Are Black Brits involved in the 2 million protest and national strike? Black People Open Forum 2
MsInterpret Black Relationships : Background Check: Before getting seriously involved Black Relationships 33
T Black People : Woman Faces 15 Years for Cutting Line at Walmart, KKK Involved Black People Open Forum 4
R Sister's Only Chat : SISTER CHAT -- WE WANT YOU INVOLVED Black Women 9
Zulile Black Positive People : George Wilson: His passion is getting involved Black People Doing Positive Things 0
L Black Relationships : When your MAMA is involved Black Relationships 3
I Black People : Oct 25th Nation's Largest Volunteer Day! - Get Involved! Black People Open Forum 0
R Black Poetry : he want cake then march after he take the starch out her panties this leads to a conversation that feeds a sexual relation boys have needs grab a word Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
R Black Poetry : Put words on a truck and these nerds better duck make birds fly up lost in the sky while girls toss pie on a sexual high take vocab to the club for ac Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
J Black Poetry : Juicy sexual color of dark skin in the head is only one word: Divine. My juicy, sweet, goddess. The figure is like a boom boom cool rap beat bass from Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0