Violaters / Violations : Un-Civility hurts Destee, from the Stephen A. Smith thread.

JuneBugg

Jul 29, 2002
Eventhough I've seen no name calling in this thread, you do have a point. The reason they don't do this is because they can articulate their views without intentionally being injurious to each other. This is the first thing many blacks do when the don't agree with your opinion, is they call you sell-out, and uncle tom. Selling out is also supplying a crutch, and keeping the victim mentality alive and well.

If you walk into an office dressed, and talking like a thug, looking for a job, and you don't get it, it's not your fault, it's Yt fault.

Peace!
I have to disagree on the name calling, James From Philly infer calling people names by using outright lies, exaggerations, and misrepresentations in this thread, this kind of stuff hurts Destee and kills conversations. Now I know back in 2002 why I did not post because back then I felt it was too uncivil and moved on, this is why Destee have rules to encourage civility. This topic is a great example how some try to silence others they disagree with. There is so much talk about what white people do to us but the real problem is what we do to each other, there should be a greater benefit of the doubt and respect among ourselves. We are so quick to think the worst of our own people, attack them, accuse them, try to negatively turn them into a character and that ends participation and finding common ground on future topics. Observers see the uncivil climate and move on.

I don't do the drama stuff, back and forth with nonsense and waste my time on people who think their opinions are the only ones that are valid and have the only valid brand of blackness. They are those who can disagree and be civil and that is really a beautiful thing and it sets a good example of the kind of skills needed to be able to unify and grow based on the great majority of issues we agree on.

In view of the big picture my opinion on Destee does not make a difference so why deal with the frustration with those who can't respect it. There are better ways to spend my time.

I'm done, pissed and disappointed too bad this could not be a groove.

Best of luck and wishes and may peace be with you all.

Enki

The Evolved Amphibian
STAFF
Aug 27, 2010
The Third Plane of Existence
Occupation
Civil Eng.
Thank you for your comment.

But I must tell you that we have a reporting system because we can't and don't catch everything. If a members feels they are being called names, or disrespected, they are encourage to use the reporting system. That way it can be reviewed, and addressed. Our goal here is to make all feel welcomed the best we can. Also, this board is no different than any other board, there is not rule that says a member has to listen, or even consider your opinion. But all have the right to state their with civility while adhering to the rules. I've been on here long enough to pretty much know how each person posting style is, and while I don't agree with some, it is their style, just like I have mine that I know rubs people the wrong way.

But the key is to be respectful, and learn how to agree to disagree. We all are not going to see eye to eye on every issue....

Peace!

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
JuneBugg ... awwww ... what happened ... :huh2:

As Brother Enki said ... you gotta report the possible violation to us, in order for it to be addressed.

I don't see where you reported a violation ... not giving us a chance to make the situation right.

We're willing to help do all we can ... if you give us a direct link to the possible violation(s).

Do you have some links ... what posts are you counting as so egregious?

Help us help you ... while helping the community ... give us some links please.

On another note ... YAAAAAAAAAAAAY @ Brother Enki ... great response above ... :toast:

The challenge isn't for us never to have problems ... but to be able to work them out.

Let's work them out ... :weights:

Loving Us! <3

:heart:

Destee

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
i was finna go in and try to see what the problem is ... but that thread has 181 posts! ... :research:

even if i tried to see what upset you so ... i'd probably get it wrong ... as what offends you, may not offend me ... so it's really important that Members point specifically to what they find out of order ... so we can speak to it specifically.

Again ... give us some links to specific posts ... we'll surely take a look.

Better yet ... click on the REPORT link found under the post(s) you find offensive.

That REPORT link is under every single post ... making it easy to report any possible violations.

We have yet to receive any reported posts ... but we're waiting ... :pc:

:heart:

Destee

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Fine1952 Black People : Boycott Until It Hurts Black People Open Forum 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Sports : Saban makes official what "everybody knows," it's Tua's job, not Jalen Hurts Black Sports 6
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : What Hurts You The Most ? Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : 5 Ways Not Getting Enough Sleep Hurts Your Health and Appearance Black Health and Wellness 1
Liberty Black People Politics : Do You Believe Illegal Immigration Hurts African-Americans? Black People Politics 38
1poetsought Black People : So REAL it HURTs Black People Open Forum 2
Gorilla Black People : Hyatt Housekeeping: "Hyatt Hurts Us" Black People Open Forum 8
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Truth Hurts - Addictive ft. Rakim (HQ Video) Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Kemetstry Black People : The Economy Hurts Black People Open Forum 10
T Black Poetry : My Heart Hurts Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
MsInterpret Black People : How the mass incarceration hurts Black Women Black People Open Forum 2
P Black Poetry : The Truth Hurts Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
C Quiet Poetry Lounge : Love Hurts Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
S Black Poetry : Hurts So Good Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
L Black Poetry : ...it hurts, it really hurts... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
D Black Jokes Humor : My Body Hurts Black Jokes Humor 6
mistaliberator Black Poetry : IT HURTS TO SPEAK Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 15
P Black People : Time to face facts that mansharing hurts sistas: Point & Counter-Point Black People Open Forum 26
HODEE Black Poetry : It Hurts. Who NEEDS LOVE Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
MzBlkAngel Black Poetry : it hurts Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
1poetsought Black Poetry : It Hurts!!! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 17
D Black Poetry : love hurts bad Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
M Black Poetry : “the Truth Hurts” Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
Z Quiet Poetry Lounge : My truth hurts Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Desert Storm Black Poetry : My Heart Hurts, Again... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
Heartbeat Black Poetry : When It Hurts Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
T Black Poetry : it hurts too deep* Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 17
P Black Poetry : sometimes love hurts Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
D Black Poetry : From Da Streets: The Truth Hurts Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 14
Destee Black People : Live Talk Conference - 1-866-4-DESTEE Black People Open Forum 4
R Black Poetry : destee your site gone evil can't post **** Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
HODEE Black People Politics : Destee..Members and Guest This Site has over 40, 000 Registered Members. Black People Politics 0
Lon Black People : IS DESTEE ACTIVE? Black People Open Forum 2
Lon The Front Porch : Hello Fellow Destee Members Allow me to Introduce Myself The Front Porch 2
OldSoul Black People : Ronnie DeVoe (New Edition/BBD) talks with DESTEE member Black People Open Forum 0
Charles Thompson The Front Porch : Greetings to all of you very wise destee com posters from me again!!!!! The Front Porch 7
N The Front Porch : Peace unto all ,Thank you Destee The Front Porch 2
R Black Poetry : Hey why plowoood can't write his own destee? why this boy is here to steal mine Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Destee Premium Members Only : Destee Hospitalized - 12/30/18 - 1/3/19 Premium Members Only 6
sargam The Front Porch : hi every one on DESTEE The Front Porch 7
HODEE Black People : For You Destee.... I really like this one Black People Open Forum 0
nilevalley Black People : Happy New Year to all here at Destee Black People Open Forum 1
Mister Aten The Front Porch : I am honored that Destee exists... The Front Porch 3
river The Front Porch : Who Handles the Advertizing for Destee? The Front Porch 5
Destee 20th Birthday : Birthday Contest : Find Black Sites Older Than destee.com Destee's Thoughts 21
OldSoul OldSoul : For All The Destee Women OldSoul 0
Destee 20th Birthday : 20 Years Online - destee.com Destee's Thoughts 24
S Black People : Trolling Destee.com: "I Got Kicked Off Destee.com Today" Black People Open Forum 29
nilevalley The Front Porch : Happy New Year to all Destee forum members. I hope all your dreams come true! The Front Porch 0
OldSoul OldSoul : A Song for Destee's Earthday/Birthday OldSoul 6