Black People : Toward a Comparative Dictionary of Egyptian and African Languages

imhotep06

Jan 21, 2004
Houston
Occupation
Web Applications Developer

Coming January (2020). The cover might change. But you get the gist. Been working hard to bring you new, relevant information on African history. So be on the lookout.

The inspiration for this text comes from the work of Yoporeka Somet _Cours d'initiation à la langue égyptienne pharaonique(2007)_. This is a text book for learning how to read hieroglyphs and to study the language of Km.t. And the end of the text, starting on page 175 ("LEXIQUE DE COMPARAISON MORPHOLOGIQUE"), there is an appendix that shares a number of ancient Egyptian lexemes with those of modern Africa. Each set of correspondences come from various books and articles by African scholars who have done some comparative work between the languages cited. All of it is in French and we do not have something equivalent in English. So I decided to take my own comparisons (about 60% of them) and compile them into one text to be further organized in the future for a comparative dictionary (both physical and online). I chose just to do my work because I can better control the data. Because many of the scholars of before (including myself in the early days) overlooked the consonant value of the grapheme <a> and <A>, we have to reevaluate their entire list of comparisons. Also, many of the <w> graphemes are simply the sounds /b/ and /m/ which have undergone lenition due to being in the intervocalic position. So until I do that, I will stick to my own comparisons and then include others after I have personally reconciled their comparative lists.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Eating and Living Toward Immortality Black Health and Wellness 7
R Black Poetry : In VIRGINIA BEACH devastated as a car accelerated toward me had to duck that's just bad luck a sad c Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Liberty Black Money Business Jobs : Minority Business Development Agency Puts $7.7 Million Toward New Business Centers Black Money Business Jobs 0
RAPTOR Black People : Reporter Question Coalition's Name, Implies It Fuels Anger Toward Police - The Response Is Classic! Black People Open Forum 0
suputnik Black People : Toward reparations in the current climate. Black People Open Forum 31
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Next Question Everybody ... What Makes You Gravitate Toward or Make Friends with Some People? Black People Open Forum 22
river Black People : Instinct Toward Self Destruction Black People Open Forum 14
1poetsought Black Poetry : On Toward Greatness Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
S Black People : and this attitude toward us persists even today. Black People Open Forum 28
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : It Is Divine Therapy For Black People To Express Anger Toward The Oppressors Of Black Chief Elder Osiris 0
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : The Insensitivity Of Afrikan Americans Toward Our Enslaved Ancestors Chief Elder Osiris 0
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Are Black Women More Positive Toward America Than Black Men? Chief Elder Osiris 8
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : WHAT YOUR EMOTION TOWARD GOD AND FEAR IS, IT IS YOUR DOING. Chief Elder Osiris 0
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : USAThe sociological behavior toward Black people Chief Elder Osiris 0
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : THE UNITED STATES SOCIOLOGICAL BEHAVIOR TOWARD BLACK PEOPLE OF THE MIDDLE PASSAGE. Chief Elder Osiris 0
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : WHY BLACK FOLKS ARE RELUCTANT TO SHOW ANGER TOWARD WHITE FOLKS FOR WHAT THEY HAVE DON Chief Elder Osiris 5
G Black People : >Inching Toward Insanity: Why Michael Vick is Not a Fascist Black People Open Forum 0
G Black Events : A FREE Conference Geared Toward Black Male Empowerment! Black Events 0
Bluewater Black Poetry : Toward That Love Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : I t Is Absurd The Way Black People Behave Toward Each Other :idea: Chief Elder Osiris 0
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Black People Have Been Desensitized and Sanitized Toward Afrika And Self Chief Elder Osiris 0
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : The Disservice We Show Toward Marcus Garvey, While We Claim to be Of Service to him Chief Elder Osiris 1
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Black People Will Never Unite Toward A Specific Issue Or cause Chief Elder Osiris 0
D Black People : Teacher uses racial epithet toward student Black People Open Forum 0
1poetsought Black Poetry : Hustling Toward Infinity ~ Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
rasheed Quiet Poetry Lounge : Limerick Poem Toward Personal and National Salvation Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : African American Arrogance Toward Africans Condition Chief Elder Osiris 0
kente417mojo Black People : Do you think all white people have racist thoughts and feeling toward black people? Black People Open Forum 28
N What is your opinion about the move toward cloning? Black Health and Wellness 6
A Black Spirituality Religion : Toward Understanding Islam And The Growing Muslim World... Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 13
imhotep06 Black People : Towards a Comparative Dictionary of Cikam (Egyptian) Black People Open Forum 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Hitler & Farrakan: comparative study AACOOLDRE 5
HODEE Black People : URBAN Dictionary Black People Open Forum 0
cherryblossom Black Ancestors : Annie Plummer: "The Dictionary Lady" Honoring Black Ancestors 1