Black Positive People : Tony Lewis Jr on a mission to right the wrongs of his father past

Mercyless1803

Apr 12, 2012
California
This man is an inspiration. I hope his story reach thousands...http://myvoicetv.net/son-with-infamous-name-seeks-new-family-legacy/

"Tony’s father was eventually sentenced to life without parole. Lewis Sr. remembers seeing Little Tony after his guilty verdict. “I cried. … I told him that he had to be strong.” Leaving his son was the hardest thing he ever had to do. “No amount of money I made is worth this,” he says."

"Tony, whose day job involves developing job skills for ex-offenders, mentors 10 young men ages 9 to 21 through his program. He organizes field trips to the White House, sporting events, and dinners. He aims to expose the young men to possibility and opportunity.
Tony also helps families buy Christmas and birthday gifts and school supplies, stepping in where their fathers can’t. In collaboration with his father, who is still in prison in Maryland, Tony has also organized family prison trips for children in need of transportation to detention centers."

cherryblossom

Feb 28, 2009
This man is an inspiration. I hope his story reach thousands...http://myvoicetv.net/son-with-infamous-name-seeks-new-family-legacy/

"Tony’s father was eventually sentenced to life without parole. Lewis Sr. remembers seeing Little Tony after his guilty verdict. “I cried. … I told him that he had to be strong.” Leaving his son was the hardest thing he ever had to do. “No amount of money I made is worth this,” he says."

....and his mission duplicated nation-wide.

...During his teen years, Tony admits he was tempted to follow in his father’s footsteps: “The men in my family were bank robbers, and gamblers … and drug dealers. There was no blueprint for me to succeed.” But, he credits his mother and grandmother, and his father’s consistent support from behind bars for motivating him to succeed beyond his circumstances.

“I didn’t want to die at 16, 18, 21,” Tony Jr. says. “I knew another way of life was possible.” Tony graduated from the University of the District of Columbia in 2003 at the age of 23.

Now 32, Tony’s goal is to impact the lives of young men growing up without fathers.

In 2010, Tony founded a mentoring initiative for children of incarcerated parents called Sons of Life. He was inspired to create the organization during a routine prison visit with his father.

Tony noticed a young boy waiting in the visiting area to see his dad. He looked to be about 8 years old, the same age as Tony when his father went away.

“I completely saw myself in that kid,” he says. “I prayed he wouldn’t have to endure what I endured without my father — that was the premise for Sons of Life. … I wanted to help some kids in my situation make it.”...

120619052124-tony-lewis-sons-of-life-story-top.jpg
Tony Lewis Jr. poses with Sons of Life members Deerick Banks, left, Kanye Turner, center and Antionio Johnson, Jr., right

...http://myvoicetv.net/son-with-infamous-name-seeks-new-family-legacy/

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Brother Mercyless1803 ... thank you for sharing this with us! It's really good and positive stuff!

Unfortunately, aggressive self-promotion within the threads (leaving more than one link, ever) is reserved for Premium Members only.

Fortunately, there is a way you can aggressively promote, without being Premium.

Please check out this thread ... Aggressive Promotion Allowed in Blogs ... it explains how you can use your free blog here, to promote your site, book, or whatever you want ... leaving as many links as you'd like ... but it can only be done in the blogs ... if you're not Premium.

Here's a link to where you can immediately start blogging and promoting without it being a rule violation.

Wishing you continued success with your endeavor, and all that you set your heart and mind to do!

If you have any questions let me know.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ms Drea Black Entertainment : Tony Allen:Afro-Beat Drummer Rest in Power Black Entertainment 1
jamesfrmphilly Black Sports : tony-romo-suffered-broken-back Black Sports 0
shaka64 Black People : Rocky' Star Tony Burton Apollo Creed Trainer Dead Black People Open Forum 0
Writspirit Black People : Tony! Toni! Tone! Slated to Appear in the Bronx Black People Open Forum 1
Writspirit Black People : Interview with Mint Condition and Tony! Toni! Tone! Black People Open Forum 0
jamesfrmphilly Black Sports : Tony Gwynn dead at 54 Black Sports 5
Frenemy Audio Video Web Conferencing : Media: 2Face & Tony Oneweek - Ife Di Mma [Official Video] Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : Tony! Toni! Toné! - Feels Good Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
cherryblossom Black Ancestors : Tony Williams: Jazz Drummer Honoring Black Ancestors 3
Asomfwaa Black Ancestors : Professor Tony Martin Dies at 70 Honoring Black Ancestors 2
Feather Audio Video Web Conferencing : TONY TIXIER Play 'Anxious Shneck' Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Tony Toni Tone - Lay Your Head On My Pillow Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Tony! Toni! Tone! - It Never Rains (In Southern California) Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Tony Terry - With You - 1991 Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Full Speed Audio Video Web Conferencing : Tony! Toni! Tone! - It Feels Good Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Tony Toni Tone - Whatever You Want Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
RAPTOR Pan Africanism : Tony Brown at Afrocentric Conference African American History Culture 4
Jahari Kavi Black People : Brother Tony Martin and the Jewish Onslaught Black People Open Forum 2
S Black People : Harlem Fraud by Tony Brown (the t.v. journalist) Black People Open Forum 0
T Black Poetry : Strong Black Man Like Tony The Tiger In Here Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
W Black Poetry : pimp daddy tony Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : Remembering John Lewis, rights icon and `American hero' African American History Culture 3
Kemetstry Black Ancestors : R.I.P. JOHN LEWIS ANOTHER LION FALLEN Honoring Black Ancestors 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Rep. John Lewis Diagnosed With Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer Black Health and Wellness 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Activist minister Jacqui Lewis: White supremacy sometimes “masquerades as faith” in Christian church Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : NAACP Demands Trump Apologize to John Lewis Black People Politics 17
OldSoul OldSoul : Jim Brown, Ray Lewis met with President-elect Trump OldSoul 12
R Black Poetry : ‎Melvin Surmons‎ to Emanuel Lewis Just now · .. Write raw rhymes but due to flaw in designs they st Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Perfection Black Spirituality Religion : ❤ Ʈhe ђonorable Ɋueen Edmonia Lewis Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Rep. John Lewis on the comic book that changed the civil rights movement Black People Politics 0
cherryblossom Black Entertainment : Maxayn Lewis Black Entertainment 3
butterfly#1 Black People Politics : Congressman John Lewis gets "happy" Black People Politics 1
Kemetstry Black Entertainment : RAMSEY LEWIS: LES FLEUR Black Entertainment 0
Alarm Clock Black People : Rep. John Lewis, Civil Rights Icon, on the Struggle to Win, and Now Protect, Voting Rights in U.S. Black People Open Forum 10
Keita Kenyatta Black People : 1 - European Economic Domination of Afrika and Afrikans - Dr. Arthur Lewis Black People Open Forum 2
marcus j Black Poetry : Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow, and Onwards (A Poem to D. Lewis) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Ankhur Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv: Ramsey Lewis, Sun Godess Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
RAPTOR Audio Video Web Conferencing : Ramsey Lewis - Les Fleurs - Zachos Mono Mix Audio Video Web Conferencing 2
RAPTOR Black People : Dr. arthur lewis: Raw materials - labor - technology (RLT) is "what makes the world run" Black People Open Forum 0
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Glenn Lewis - Don't You Forget It Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Ankhur Libya : Atlanta residents Confront Re John Lewis over Unjust war in Libya Libya 15
jamesfrmphilly Black Sports : lewis hamilton wins @ hungary Black Sports 2
Zulile Black Positive People : Reginald F. Lewis Foundation Black People Doing Positive Things 1
S JUNO LEWIS Honoring Black Ancestors 4
Fine1952 Black People : Q. Just Who Is I Lewis "Scooter" Libby? Black People Open Forum 0
P Black Sports : Lennox Lewis is coming out of retirement! Black Sports 6
P Black Sports : Lennox Lewis gives $300,000 to honor his "hero". Black Sports 2
P Black Sports : Lennox Lewis Black Sports 17
O Black Picture Image Gallery : Me at the Lewis Latimer Home, NYC Black Picture Image Gallery 6
O Black Picture Image Gallery : Me at the Lewis Latimer Home, NYC Black Picture Image Gallery 0