Black Parenting : To the single moms raising young Black men

queensweet

Mar 2, 2013
I am trying to raise my son to be a strong, young Black man but I know that it is not willed by God for a woman to do so. Even though he does have some positive Black male teachers in his life they are stretched VERY thin due to the overwhelming number of Black boys with absentee and/or deadbeat dads. I have enrolled him in sports with Black male leadership in order to give him that support. But all I ended up with were a bunch a Black men whom themselves don't have direction so how could they properly direct my son. I am at my wits end. I continue to pray because I see our circumstances getting worse in the Black community and I DO NOT want my son to be apart of the statistics of the judiciary system.

So I ask all my fellow sistas.... where do I go from here? Any suggestions?

ATTENTION: Brother Clyde brought the excellent point to my attention the question as to whether brothers can also offer their input on this matter. So I humbly ask my fellow brothers with insight into this persistent issue in our community to also give their good input and suggestions. Good help is good help.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
I am trying to raise my son to be a strong, young Black man but I know that it is not willed by God for a woman to do so. Even though he does have some positive Black male teachers in his life they are stretched VERY thin due to the overwhelming number of Black boys with absentee and/or deadbeat dads. I have enrolled him in sports with Black male leadership in order to give him that support. But all I ended up with were a bunch a Black men whom themselves don't have direction so how could they properly direct my son. I am at my wits end. I continue to pray because I see our circumstances getting worse in the Black community and I DO NOT want my son to be apart of the statistics of the judiciary system.

So I ask all my fellow sistas.... where do I go from here? Any suggestions?

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Welcome queensweet, the door is wide open for this question... what if brothers wanted to offer suggestions, or is it restricted to sistas?

Peace In,

queensweet

Mar 2, 2013
In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Welcome queensweet, the door is wide open for this question... what if brothers wanted to offer suggestions, or is it restricted to sistas?

Peace In,
Thank you for the welcome! You bring an excellent point which will give me a broader scope of how to deal with this matter. I do not have any objections to brothers offering suggestions.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Thank you for the welcome! You bring an excellent point which will give me a broader scope of how to deal with this matter. I do not have any objections to brothers offering suggestions.

Thanks... There are some decent and good brothers out there that may be able to help...

Black-king

Sep 13, 2011
Since you say brothers can help, first I suggest that you by find out who you are as a person? If you are a so called Black woman of slave descent you are an Israelite, and as an Israelite you need to repent and come back to learn the laws ,statutes and and commandments of the most High, which will give you the knowledge and discipline needed to help yourself and raise your son right, most importantly, you will be around righteous family who will help you guide your son.
http://israelunite.org/

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

We want to make this website the last destination for people who wish to the right product for their needs. Regardless of whether it be a new gaming keyboard, baby product, trendy fashion, monitors and or workstation gadgets, you will consider our unbiased reviews on only beasts.com the essential guide to understanding your choices.
https://only-beasts.com
Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.