Black Weight Loss : Tips on getting rid of acne?

Skyler45

Apr 7, 2010
So i asked people for their honest opinions, and my acne kind of went away but its still all over my face. My friends said i'd be so pretty without acne, and all my guy friends said i'd be the prettiest person in the school without it. It makes me so depressed D: And all my stress makes it worse, halp?

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Hi all, I'm an 18 year old, 5'9'' and was around 178 pounds a week ago. After not doing much exercise at all and not watching what I eat, not liking the size of my gut etc, a few days ago I decided I was going to lose about 15-20 pounds. My BMI sits at around 26, therefore being overweight. It should be noted I have quite a lot of muscle in my upper body.

Anyway, I started running on Tuesday for the first time in ages, and have now been running each day with my dog for around half an hour walking him after for another half hour, also walking later on for around 15-20 minutes. Unfortunately, going from nothing to much more has caused the muscles in my legs to get really worn out. They ache and it's hard to walk down the stairs or get up, the pain is in my thigh and I researched this as overuse. The same pain has developed in my lower leg.

I initially thought eating next to nothing would be a good idea, but ruled this out yesterday when someone told me it was only a very short term solution and dangerous in the long run. So I've started a new eating pattern, where I have shredded wheat and black coffee in the morning, maybe pasta and some kind of salad with grapefruit, melon and grapes for lunch and dinner is never anything set if you will.

A problem (more physiological than anything) is that I've become a little obsessed with measuring my weight. It measured 179 pounds just over a week ago, and after my first run (two days ago) decreased to 173. This really encouraged me, but it went up to 176 by the day's end. Yesterday after my run it measured 172.5, going back to 176 at the end of the day. After my run today, I weighed 171.5 pounds, but was really angered as it went up to 178 a couple of hours after. I figured it was just because I'd eaten, but it showed how obsessive I'm getting over weight measurments.

Like I said, I want to get down to about 162 pounds, so am I on the right track to achieve that fairly quickly? I'll have to cut down on running to maybe 4-5 times a week but I'll continue to walk everyday.

Overall, is my new lifestyle healthy? I know the way I eat is a lot better, but I'm worried about this muscle pain I've been getting.
Skyler45 ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :wave:

I'd suggest that you slow down, don't be in a hurry for anything ... haste really does make waste.

You say that you're 18, which makes me hafta say ... check with your parents about this too ... let them know what you're doing. As I typed that, I know my Daughter implemented weight loss measures, younger than you, that she did not consult me about ... but i gotta say it anyway, because she should have! :)

It seems that you are on top of things well though, recognizing that too much, too quickly, is not good. You are listening to your body talk to you, telling you that you're doing too much to it ... via the pain ... and that you should slow down. Don't decrease your calorie intake too much, you need at least the recommended daily amount for safe weight loss, so asking a doctor / your parents about this part would be good too.

Ohhh, don't weigh yourself so much! You don't want to become obsessed with that, and yeah, you're sounding like you're heading that way ... but again ... you recognize it yourself, which is the most beautiful thing! Very Good! So go ahead and ease back off the scale, maybe set one weekly weight time, and stick to it. It's not fair to your program to weigh every hour or two. I don't know if you're male or female, but I think a female's weight fluctuates more throughout the day, and it can be discouraging to watch. Avoid that discouragement by weighing once weekly.

Your weight loss effort is great, but you don't want to break something else, trying to fix that.

So go slow, take your time, let it be a life change ... healthier living ... not just a crash weight loss effort.

... and don't forget to talk to your parents about this ... :wink:

Thanks for joining us and sharing ... wishing you much success with your effort ... keep us updated! :D

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

$$RICH$$

Lyon King Admin.
STAFF
Mar 21, 2001
Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
Occupation
BUSINESS owner
I second that.......all above nothing like taking your time to hit your mark
and welcome to destee.com family

Bothom

Jul 21, 2011
Indian lilac is also the known as better for the procurement from acne issues.
Leaves of indian lilac are also used as a main ingredient.

Elijaah

Oct 3, 2011
Hi Skyler,
Some effective tips to get rid of your acne:
Do take raw food, nuts and seeds more in your diet meals,
Drink plenty of water daily,
Reduce stress with regular exercise,
Reduce or limit refined carbohydrates and sugar intake,
Avoid caffeine and other stimulants,
Limit dairy products and red meat.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Moved back to the Borough of my birth...Queens New York...Originally from SouthSide but now I live in Far Rockaway.
Yummy0 wrote on jamesfrmphilly's profile.
Hello to you dear, how are you doing ?
Yummy0 wrote on 1poetsought's profile.
Yummy0 wrote on chuck's profile.
Yummy0 wrote on jamesfrmphilly's profile.