Nigeria : Those Nigerian Email Scams - Have you received them too?

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Hello Everyone,

I've received so many of these emails. While I never really knew if it was a scam, it always appeared to be and I quickly considered it as such and deleted it. I have now learned how to recognize them without even opening the email ... I just delete on sight.

Well ... check this article out:

Meet The Nigerian Email Grifters

The information in the article is reportedly provided by a Nigerian in the states on a student visa. He says that his family has been involved with this "business" for 15 years. He said the con game is profitable enough to "nicely support" several dozen of his family members.

According to the article, he is providing the interview with the condition that his identity be concealed. He claims that his recent interest in the traditional religion of the Yoruba people has led him to publicly speak out about his past. "One cannot speak to the gods with a mouth that is already full of lies," he says.

It's really a very interesting article. While I've never been compelled to see if there was any truth to these emails promising millions of dollars ... reading this article and the danger and financial ruin that lays waiting for those that do ... makes it much scarier than just another scam.

Check it out Yall ... and share your comments / experiences.

:heart:

Destee

$$RICH$$

Lyon King Admin.
STAFF
Mar 21, 2001
Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
Occupation
BUSINESS owner
very scary i just don't mess wit stuff like dis ....i have gotten a few

$$RICH$$

Lyon King Admin.
STAFF
Mar 21, 2001
Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
Occupation
BUSINESS owner
it's all a myth and scary how so many fall 4 dis stuff....
where do they come up wit crazy jave like dis ???

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
I am going to start posting all of these that I receive from here on out. This is crazy. With spitting on the ground makes you a terrorist ... who in their right mind would be making secret deals with folk they don't know in other countries??!! :eeek:

----- Original Message -----
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2002 2:37 PM
Subject: Seeking Your Partnership

Dear Partner to be,

First, I must apologise to you for using this medium to communicate to you about this project and It is my great pleasure in writing you this letter on behalf of my colleagues and myself.

I am a highly placed official of Government of Nigeria and also a
founding member of the ruling party in Power now,the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP).

DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT:My committee - The Niger Delta Development Corporation(NDDC)-which is in charge of managing and supervising the disbursement of oil sales revenues for the Nigerian government which covers payment to foreign and local contractors,who had executed contracts for our country.The revenues under our control runs into several hundred of millions of dollars and using my position as Executive Director in charge of projects,I and other colleagues in the NDDC are currently in need of a foreign partner with whose bank account we shall transfer the sum of Forty Nine Million Five Hundred Thosand United States
Dollars($49.5m). To do this, we will need your cooperation as a foreigner who could front to receive the fund on our behalf.

SOURCE OF FUND: The amount represents a percentage of the total contract value executed on behalf of my ministry by a foreign contracting firm which we over-invoiced. Though the actual contract value has been paid to the original contractor, leaving a balance to the tune of the amount aforementioned, which we have in principle secured approval to remit by telegraphic transfer (T.T) to any bank account, you will provide.

PROCEDURE: Since the present government of Nigeria is determined to pay every foreign contractor all debts owed so as to maintain good relationship with foreign governments and non-governmental financial agencies,however,by virtue of our position as civil servants and members of the NDDC, we cannot acquire this funds in our name. This is because as top civil servants, we are not allowed by law of the land to own or operate bank accounts outside our country for now. We have decided to include our bills for approval with the cooperation of
some officials from the relevant government establishments.
We are seeking your assistance in providing a good company's account or any other offshore bank account into which we can remit this money by acting as our main partner and trustee or acting as a sub contractor. This will involve the swapping of account; changing of beneficiary name; and other forms of documentation.

I have the authority of my partners to propose that should you be willing to assist us in the transaction, your share of the sum will be 10% of the U$49.5million,80% for us while the balance will be set aside for refund of all expenses incurred during the process of the transaction.

The transaction, although discrete, is legitimate and there is no risk or legal disadvantages either to ourselves or yourself now or
in the future as we have put in place perfect mchineries that will ensure a hitch free transfer into your account upon acceptance.

The transfer will be effected to your account within ten-fourteen
(10-14) working days as soon as we reach an agreement and you furnish me with a suitable bank account and company name and address with all your contact numbers including fax number.

Expecting your response and thank you for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

Anderson K. Eseimoku
I'm sick of receiving these.

:heart:

Destee

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
rec'd today ...

To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2002 12:05 PM
Subject: INVESTMENT RELATION

ATTN:

GREETINGS,

Please don,t be surprise to read this piece from me. I
take the liberty to introduce myself to you as Hajia
Mariam Abacha, the wife of the late Nigeria's former
Head of state. Following the sudden death of my
husband General, Sanni Abacha, on the 8th of August
1998, I have been thrown into a state of utter
confusion, frustration and hopelessness by the present
civilian administration headed by Chief Olusegun
Obasanjo. I have also been subjected to physical,
emotional and psychological torture by the security
agents in the country. My son is still under detention
and arraigned before the Federal high court of Nigeria
for offences he did not commit.

As a result of all these, I have lost confidence with
every body within the country. You must have heard
through the internationl news media on the auctioning
of my husband's properties and frozen of all foreign
known accounts belonging to my husband in diffrent
banks both at the home and abroad, by nthe present regime of Olusegun
Obasanjo. Our problem was compounded when some banks willingly gave up
their secrets and disclosed our money confidently
lodged with them. In fact the total sum so far
discovered by the Government is in the tune of
US$Billion and they are not relenting on their
effort to make me poor for life but All Mighty
Allah, The Most Benevolent being on my side, they
must fail INSHA-ALLAHU.

Before the security officers invaded one of the
private houses in the recent time, I was given
information in advance by one of the security
personnel loyal to my late husband and the sum of
$16 million dollars concealed in a metal box was taken
away and deposited with a security company outside
the country (within the West African Subrigion. Due
to security network placed on my day to day affairs, I
cannot afford to visit the embassy to venture any
outside trip and that is why I decided to contact you
and I hope you will not betray my confidence in you
and shall be grateful if you could receive this fund
into your account for safe keeping and possible
investiment in a diversified economy that your country
have at the moment.

This arrangement is known to you, my son Abbah and my
lawyer alone and my lawyer will deal directly with you
as security agents always monitor me. Please, honesty
is the watch word in this transaction.In case you dont

accept to assist me please, do not let me out to the
security as I am giving you this information in total
trust and confidence and will greatly appreciate if
you accept my proposal in good faith and expedite
action. I am praying that Allah's Choiciest Blessings
ever remain with your family as you consider this
widow in pains

Sincerely yours

MIRIAM ABACHA
security agents are monitoring her and she wants to deal with me??!!! :eeek:

Emeka

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Ha ha ha! I guess you've recieved some of the legendary Nigerian fraud (aka 419) scams. These scams are really the bane of the country because of it's wide practice through out the world. It's stereotyped Nigerians as con-artists and fraudsters. But really it's a reflection of the dire corruption that has totally infected the entire culture of the country. Many people see 419 as a regrettable but acceptable means of acquiring money. This is very big shame.

uzoka

Sep 4, 2003
Australia
Occupation
writer
Yeah hehe, I have received quite few of those scams from Nigerians [well they claimed to be Nigerian at any rate], a few from people I took to be white from America [could be wrong though] and some from Europe.

I've also had to fight off a knife weilding West Indian mugger when I was in London on my way back from work while I was in college and in my earlier days [late twenties] I jumped in to help an African American navy sailor fight off a bunch of italian looking guys who, well I don't know what was going on but he turned on me lol, maybe it was in the heat of the moment and didn't realise, and I never saw him again to ask.

I've also been the victim of an attempted pick pocketing while walking along Oxford Street, London, by a young white woman who was around the same age or so as me but she was caught by street cameras, luckily for me.

But yes, those Nigerians who do this [if indeed they are Nigerians, okay lets say they are for arguments sake] should be ashamed of themselves, lying to, and in some cases, begging others under false pretense.

Peace...

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Fireman wrote on Queenie's profile.
Hi, Queenie. Love your posts. Even though I don't you, you must be some kind of remarkable and lovely person. Lets keep in touch.
It's okay to admire otherz, but first, love self. ELEVATE your self-image by having a healthy love & respect for yourself. ✍
1619+400=2019 Jamestown Virginia...end of slavery. (Yes modern miseducation and injustices count as slavery) But no proper reparations will be given since the amount of contributions beyond humanity transcends generations. Our people have history that is equal to trillions of dollars including Melanin research and its supernatural power.
I want my people to be aware of this dilemma regarding the upcoming election... I know politics. Yes Trump is admitting the truth about Black People building this so called country corporation (The United States). But you must understand that what they're planning on doing is to divide and conquer. This is all just for him to get re-elected. He's going to promise reparations and reneg at the last minute.
Ifypedro334 wrote on Jasica Adam's profile.
The best gift to give a baby boy is ??