Nigeria : Those Nigerian Email Scams - Have you received them too?

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
35,806
9,735
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Hello Everyone,

I've received so many of these emails. While I never really knew if it was a scam, it always appeared to be and I quickly considered it as such and deleted it. I have now learned how to recognize them without even opening the email ... I just delete on sight.

Well ... check this article out:

Meet The Nigerian Email Grifters

The information in the article is reportedly provided by a Nigerian in the states on a student visa. He says that his family has been involved with this "business" for 15 years. He said the con game is profitable enough to "nicely support" several dozen of his family members.

According to the article, he is providing the interview with the condition that his identity be concealed. He claims that his recent interest in the traditional religion of the Yoruba people has led him to publicly speak out about his past. "One cannot speak to the gods with a mouth that is already full of lies," he says.

It's really a very interesting article. While I've never been compelled to see if there was any truth to these emails promising millions of dollars ... reading this article and the danger and financial ruin that lays waiting for those that do ... makes it much scarier than just another scam.

Check it out Yall ... and share your comments / experiences.

:heart:

Destee

$$RICH$$

Lyon King Admin.
STAFF
Mar 21, 2001
69,986
3,963
Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
Occupation
BUSINESS owner
very scary i just don't mess wit stuff like dis ....i have gotten a few

$$RICH$$

Lyon King Admin.
STAFF
Mar 21, 2001
69,986
3,963
Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
Occupation
BUSINESS owner
it's all a myth and scary how so many fall 4 dis stuff....
where do they come up wit crazy jave like dis ???

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
35,806
9,735
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
I am going to start posting all of these that I receive from here on out. This is crazy. With spitting on the ground makes you a terrorist ... who in their right mind would be making secret deals with folk they don't know in other countries??!! :eeek: