Black People : This Week in Tech Racism

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015
When racism and technology intersect; week of Oct. 30, 2016

upload_2016-11-6_13-44-27.png

This week in tech racism:
inherent biases of ride-sharing drivers; the Congressional Black Caucus demands answers from Facebook; gay black men discuss harassment on Grindr, and more news stories at the absurd intersection of racism and technology:

Investigative news organization ProPublica claimed that COMPAS is biased against black defendants – Oct. 17, 2016

COMPAS is computer software used by the legal system to determine if those awaiting trial are too dangerous to release on bail. ProPublica, an independent, nonprofit newsroom that produces investigative journalism in the public interest, claims that COMPAS is biased against black defendants. The Washington Post questions ProPublica’s claims in its own analysis.

ACLU says facial recognition tech is racially biased – Oct. 27, 2016

The American Civil Liberties Union’s study revealed facial recognition technology has higher error rates when used on younger people, females, and black peoples’ faces. These errors are likely to pose the biggest injustice to African Americans because of existing police biases, argues the ACLU.

Read more

http://www.blackenterprise.com/technology/week-tech-racism/

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
IFE Black Positive People : This 11 year old designer took Fashion Week by storm Black People Doing Positive Things 3
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Poetry : Outlaw: Next Week Is The Last Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Violaters / Violations : BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE - Banned 1 Week - Violating Rule #8 - No Spam - No Overwhelming The Discussions Violators and Violations (Possible Ones) 8
chuck Black Entertainment : Have You Seen 'Fences'This Week? Black Entertainment 3
Liberty Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Discover Black Beauty With Black Fashion Week USA Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 0
Liberty Black Entertainment : CBS' 'Rush Hour' TV Series Set to Premiere This Week. Will You Be Tuning In? Watch Preview Clips Black Entertainment 0
Liberty Black Parenting : Katt Williams throws punch less than a week after assault and gunpoint holdup accusations Black Parenting 1
R Black Poetry : Wow somebody took the pickles out my lunch I'm tickle a bunch got class when I speak, last week went Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Liberty Law Forum : How Byron Allen Gate-Crashed Sundance and Sued Obama’s FCC in the Same Week Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 2
Liberty Black People : President Obama’s Favorite Song Choice of 2015 Is The Blackest Thing We’ve Ever Heard This Week Black People Open Forum 3
Destee Violaters / Violations : RAPTOR - Banned For One Week Violators and Violations (Possible Ones) 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Food Discussion : Use, Regrow, Repeat: 4 Vegetables that Regrow in One Week Food Discussion and Recipes 4
Destee Violaters / Violations : Kemetstry - Banned for One Week Violators and Violations (Possible Ones) 0
Enki Black People : Racist "The Week That Was" episode. Black People Open Forum 0
I Violaters / Violations : Ictoan Itkfae - Banned for a Week Violators and Violations (Possible Ones) 5
Destee Violaters / Violations : BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE - Banned for 1 Week Violators and Violations (Possible Ones) 2
Destee Violaters / Violations : BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE - Banned for 1 Week Violators and Violations (Possible Ones) 0
Destee Violaters / Violations : ProphetikGeneral - Banned for 1 Week Violators and Violations (Possible Ones) 0
Destee Violaters / Violations : CosmicMessenger - Banned For 1 Week Violators and Violations (Possible Ones) 5
Alarm Clock Black People : A March in Washington next week (In which Direction?) Black People Open Forum 0
S Audio Video Web Conferencing : Diamond of Crime Mob gets Chanel panties tattoo (This Week in Coonery #32) Audio Video Web Conferencing 2
Destee Violaters / Violations : MS234 - Banned For One Week Violators and Violations (Possible Ones) 1
Destee Violaters / Violations : CherryBlossom - Banned For One Week Violators and Violations (Possible Ones) 0
Destee Violaters / Violations : Orisons - Banned for One Week Violators and Violations (Possible Ones) 0
Destee Violaters / Violations : THE-GOD - Banned for One Week Violators and Violations (Possible Ones) 0
Feather Black Positive People : <3 What Did "YOU" Do Today/This Week To Elevate Your People!!!<3 Black People Doing Positive Things 12
S Black People : Quote for this week Black People Open Forum 0
Ankhur Black People : Proposal for a Solutions Only week on Destee Black People Open Forum 45
S Black Men : Afrikan Maritial Arts technique of the week. Black Men 27
B Black Entertainment : Eva Marcille at Haute.lanta Fashion Week Black Entertainment 0
Amnat77 Black People : Four suicides in a week stun Fort Hood Black People Open Forum 5
R Black Poetry : BIKE WEEK IN VIRGINIA BEACH APRIL 16 TO 24 WE BALLING Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
R Black Poetry : BLACK BIKE WEEK IN MYRTLE BEACH Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
$$RICH$$ Poet of the Week : Poetress of the week (MzBlkAngel2) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 17
S Black Poetry : what happens when I listen to hip hop all week. Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
$$RICH$$ Poet of the Week : Poet of da WEEK Brother (Skuderjaymes) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 20
W Black Short Stories : Willy Beam's Joys of Dating: This Week... Staty Bar | Dúbb'l yoo T Short Stories - Authors - Writing 2
$$RICH$$ Poet of the Week : POET OF THE WEEK (sister Cherryblossom) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 17
Destee Black Weight Loss : Most Pounds One Can Lose in a Week ? Black Health and Wellness 12
jamesfrmphilly another cat died last week.... Black Men 10
$$RICH$$ Poet of the Week : POET OF THE WEEK sister {Epiphany} Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 18
$$RICH$$ Poet of the Week : POET OF THE WEEK sister (Free2b_me) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 20
$$RICH$$ Poet of the Week : POET OF THE WEEK (HARRY HYMAN) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 17
$$RICH$$ Poet of the Week : POET of the WEEK (sister LADYBELLE) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 17
A Black Education / Schools : Week of FREE Events & Classes at www. abibitumikasa .com Black Education / Schools 1
$$RICH$$ Poet of the Week : POET OF THE WEEK sister (Sweet Apple*pie) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 20
H Black People : This Week With Jasiri X Black People Open Forum 0
$$RICH$$ Poet of the Week : Poet Of The Week Brother (CLYDE COGER) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 45
D Black People : Is A Four-Day Work Week Right for You? Black People Open Forum 0
$$RICH$$ Poet of the Week : POET OF DA WEEK (PHENOMENON) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 14