Status
Not open for further replies.

skuderjaymes

Contextualizer Synthesizer
Nov 2, 2009
theory to application to discussion to percussion
Occupation
independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
Agreed, brother Skuder. I am working with a group based in Leimert Park on the first part. The "school" part and "academic context" is what the foundation I am working with will be trying to pull together. But that is going to be broader than a pan African context. Los Angeles. Johannesburg. Guatemala. Brazil. My job is bringing this network together,

Which is why my time remaining here is short,

sounds fantastic. bringing folks together is a beautiful thing.

skuderjaymes

Nov 2, 2009
Occupation
My computer is having issues tonight. I had written a reply to your comment about what frustrates you, Bro. Omo and then I lost it.

Now that I've returned, I see that you and Bro. skuderjaymes have addressed one of the questions I wanted to raise which is whether this medium is the best source to use to coalition build. It seems you're going to get far more debate here than viable networking.

But it's great to have you here and engaged. You have a lot of knowledge that is priceless.

little off topic...

NNQueen.. always compose your posts in Notepad.. then copy and paste it into the browser. losing words is painful.. notepad is the answer!

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
My computer is having issues tonight. I had written a reply to your comment about what frustrates you, Bro. Omo and then I lost it.

Now that I've returned, I see that you and Bro. skuderjaymes have addressed one of the questions I wanted to raise which is whether this medium is the best source to use to coalition build. It seems you're going to get far more debate here than viable networking.

But it's great to have you here and engaged. You have a lot of knowledge that is priceless.

Well Sister, at this point, the best source, as far as I am concerned, is my own social network. But it began with above ground and underground or secret organizing. Some organs are still secret.

No. After over ten years I'm trying to gauge how productive my time, energy and small financial contribution here has been worth it. I know it has for some, based on some of the feedback I get. I guess it comes down to using my time and energy more efficiently and avoiding negative energy which drains my own. I am still here because the positives outweigh the negatives. I am not easily defeated!

MS234

Mar 1, 2010

If you use windows 7 or 8 you can use "sticky notes". They never delete data until you delete (x) them.
No matter how many times you turn your computer off and on the "sticky notes" stays until like I said you delete it. Bro Skuder is right about using notepad until you're finished typing and IMO I think sticky notes are good for when you might want to get back to a point later.

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
sounds fantastic. bringing folks together is a beautiful thing.

Especially when I work with do many Beautiful, Conscious and Happily Natural Sisters!

Yes, my work does have plenty of benefits! lol!

skuderjaymes

Nov 2, 2009
Occupation
If you use windows 7 or 8 you can use "sticky notes". They never delete data until you delete (x) them.
No matter how many times you turn your computer off and on the "sticky notes" stays until like I said you delete it. Bro Skuder is right about using notepad until you're finished typing and IMO I think sticky notes are good for when you might want to get back to a point later.

yeah.. just compose somewhere where you can save your data. the Opera browswer has a really nice notes feature where you can right click your content and save it to a note.

MS234

Mar 1, 2010
yeah.. just compose somewhere where you can save your data. the Opera browswer has a really nice notes feature where you can right click your content and save it to a note.
Funny you should say that, surreal lol.
Been using opera since 2004.

Even have an account so I can have the same info on all my computers (Opera Link) and I use a portable version.
It's a good browser but I still need IE10, and chrome to offset some website loading issues here and there.

NNQueen

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
Dear sister please read the previous post I was responding to. This is another thread that has been dragged down into persoinal ish by those who think we should not discuss Pan Africanism at all, but instead it should only be discussed by some masonic cabal in secret....just read the two previous posts of mine to see what I was responding to Thank you!
Bro. AC, I read through the posts.

PanAfricanism is an important forum here and I see no reason for it to be discontinued and don't expect that it will be.

The contributors to the information in the forum...including Bro. Omo and you...is vital to our learning and understanding about our people in the diaspora.

What concerns me more than anything, is this "feud" that seems to travel from thread to thread, forum to forum. It's distracting. Sure I could place the parties involved on "ignore" but that would result in my loss because I would lose the opportunity to learn from two knowledgeable individuals--Bro. Omo and you.

I genuinely wish that whatever the disagreement is about, it can be resolved in a respectful and mature way and the rest of us can continue to learn and grow closer to understanding how we can build together.

Hopefully, I haven't overstepped any boundaries here but I felt it important to say this.

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
Bro. AC, I read through the posts.

PanAfricanism is an important forum here and I see no reason for it to be discontinued and don't expect that it will be.

The contributors to the information in the forum...including Bro. Omo and you...is vital to our learning and understanding about our people in the diaspora.

What concerns me more than anything, is this "feud" that seems to travel from thread to thread, forum to forum. It's distracting. Sure I could place the parties involved on "ignore" but that would result in my loss because I would lose the opportunity to learn from two knowledgeable individuals--Bro. Omo and you.

I genuinely wish that whatever the disagreement is about, it can be resolved in a respectful and mature way and the rest of us can continue to learn and grow closer to understanding how we can build together.

Hopefully, I haven't overstepped any boundaries here but I felt it important to say this.

Well my sister, the other person in question, in case you haven't noticed is one of the ones who follows me from thread to thread, complains about me not debating him, and I have been , and will continue to ignore him , as I did before when he posted under another name, before getting banned.

So, if I ignore him and he continues to follow me thread to thread, I have no part in the confusion.

The reason I have been here these years is because I know how to engage and disengage. I'm learning its best at times not to engage some at all.

I find it interesting that this "brother" denies what some of us know, and in the midst of him complaining about others egos and "personal ish" he has at the same time been ducking, diving, shucking and jiving his way around answering a question sister Destee asked him earlier today.

He needs to concern himself with his own actions and behavior, instead of focusing on others in an obsessive like manner.

http://www.destee.com/index.php?threads/white-supremacy-exploring-the-contours-of-race-and-power-in-america.75922/page-25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Ms Drea wrote on Kemetstry's profile.
Brother Kem.. Marva Collins passed June 24, 2015
Sister Destee how have you been? It's been a while but I'm glad to be back. I see many changes so I'll browse around to get my feel of things again
sekou kasimu wrote on Destee's profile.
Jambo! I deleted a post that was a duplication. Both were deleted!!! Can you find it and repost it for me? I put a lot of work into it!
Destee wrote on shaka64's profile.
Hi Brother shaka64 ... Welcome Home! :heart:
Destee, my Sister!! I am sending you greetings with love from a rainy and relentless overcast Michigan! But you continue to bring sunshine into my life and for that I am eternally grateful! I LOVE the new look and features in the community. I hope you're enjoying your best life. Love and peace...:heart: