Black Poetry : This Enslaved Bird...

PropheticNsyght

Registered
May 28, 2004
**stanza's in italics are borrowed from Dr. Maya Angelou's "I Know why the Caged Bird Sings."

How did the enslaved bird sing?
My thoughts float on the wind;
just as the bird hopped on the back
of a summer's breeze.
I think...

Freedom,
liberty and purity run in and thru me;
that is what I desire to feel and be.
I feel chained to rocks, walking and
dragging weights of stone and iron.
My soul weighted down and weary from my
struggles.
My eyes are too dry for any signs of crying. Deep
wrinkles etch my face daily like deep trenches
of sorrow; constantly chiseling away the surface,
then what emerges?...

But a caged bird stands on the grave of dreams
his shadow shouts on a nightmare scream
his wings are clipped and his feet are tied
so he opens his throat to sing.

And I sing.
For the first time in a longtime,
I see through the fog.
I write my name in the sky;
and on His shoulders do I rise to levels
where the eagles fly.
A black man in liberty and freedom;
I lift my hands, throw my head back,
open my mouth and sing....
Child, in my pain and sorrow I grab onto
God, and I sing.

A free bird leaps
on the back of the wind
and floats downstream
till the current ends
and dips his wing
in the orange sun rays
and dares to claim the sky.

He wraps me in purity infused with
secreted love and divinity.
His celestial will and supernatural strength
helps me through the travailing times
and I sing...God almighty, I stand and
throw off the chain's of oppression and degradation;
and I open my mouth and sing...
I sing, and sing loud and proud of my
deliverance at the hands of my beloved.
This enslaved bird sits on the lap of God
and sings...

~Copyright 2004
*~PropheticNsyght
"Son of the DayStar" Publishing
"Poeta nascitur, non fit."
~The Poet is born, not made.

queentswana

Registered
Jan 24, 2004
Brick City
Occupation
day care provider (own business)
This was very, very nice and I like the way you flowed this one and the way you drove it on in.

$$RICH$$

Lyon King Admin.
Registered
Mar 21, 2001
Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
Occupation
BUSINESS owner
another awesome drop here

why not become a premium member today !!

ya flow is too sweet keep blessing da page.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : Her ancestors were enslaved in the U.S. Now a Trump decision could lead to her deportation to Africa African American History Culture 0
Perfection Black People Politics : ╟ѕтυdιeѕ in early black enslavement╢Black Health on the Plantation: Owners, Enslaved & Physicians Black People Politics 0
Kemetstry Black People : MENTALLY HANDICAPPED WORKER ENSLAVED AND TORTURE 4 YEARS Black People Open Forum 0
Keita Kenyatta Jails / Prisons : Michelle Alexander: More Black Men Are In Prison Today Than Were Enslaved In 1850 Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 2
Each1teach1 Black People : Unknown No longer, finding enslaved ancestors online!! Black People Open Forum 0
Destee Black People : Have Black People Been Free in America, Longer Than We Were Enslaved in America? Black People Open Forum 15
Destee Jails / Prisons : More Black Men in Prison NOW Than Were Enslaved in 1850 Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 3
Ankhur Black People : If we were enslaved, how many of us would have called Harriett Tubman crazy? Black People Open Forum 1
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : What Do we Expect To Come From A Government That Has Destroyed our Mind And Enslaved Chief Elder Osiris 1
Ankhur Black People : 400 years later, Africans; still captured and enslaved? Where's the Outrage? Black People Open Forum 20
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Our Enslaved Ancestors And Reparation Chief Elder Osiris 0
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : The Insensitivity Of Afrikan Americans Toward Our Enslaved Ancestors Chief Elder Osiris 0
Zulile Black People : Man, 108, Enslaved in United States Black People Open Forum 1
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : THE AMERICANIZATION OF THE CHILDREN OF ENSLAVED AFRIKANS Chief Elder Osiris 0
Destee Black People : Why Have Confidence in a System That Enslaved Us? Black People Open Forum 33
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : THERE NEED TO BE A WORLD WIDE CAMPAIGN FOR OUR ENSLAVED ANCESTORS REPARATION !!! Chief Elder Osiris 15
D Ghana : Newport RI: Enslaved Africans from Ghana? Ghana 0
D Jails / Prisons : Enslaved to a Debt Prison Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 5
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Reparation Is A Legitimate Debt Owed To Our Enslaved Ancestors Chief Elder Osiris 0
D Black Ancestors : Burning Montreal Canada down...who did it? Enslaved African Angélique they say... Honoring Black Ancestors 6
D African American History Culture : Our pioneering enslaved ancestors preparing another 'God's' people towards prosperity African American History Culture 0
C Black Poetry : ENSLAVED FEMININITY Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
ASHANTA Black Poetry : EnSlaved Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
Destee Africa : What Part of Africa Did The Majority of Enslaved US Africans Come From? All Things Africa 36
P Black Poetry : Still Enslaved Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
R Black Poetry : Dodge potions the size of large oceans like an albatross at a loss for words and still a boss bird w Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
OldSoul Black People : Bird of the Iron Feather - A Special Consciousness Raising OnLine Black People Open Forum 4
R Black Poetry : My words speak, heard on streets and like a bird’s beak peck cats Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
OldSoul OldSoul : Bird of the Iron Feather OldSoul 0
Heartbeat Black Poetry : First Bird of Spring Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Ankhur Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv: Bird and Diz; Hot House! Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Ankhur Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv: Bird!!!, Ornithology Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : BenBen bird AACOOLDRE 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : One Bird Flew over AACOOLDRE 0
D Video: Its a bird its a plane... Black Health and Wellness 0
Destee Black People : Bird Flu Was a Total Scam Black People Open Forum 0
Destee Nigeria : First Bird Flu Death in Nigeria Nigeria 1
M Poetry Critiques : The bird and the lonely man Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
dattaswami1 Black Spirituality Religion : All the religions in the world are the feathers of the same bird Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
A Black Picture Image Gallery : Just me "Bird" Black Picture Image Gallery 10
L Black People : Re: The Avian 'Bird' Flu Scare Black People Open Forum 0
Passionfruit005 Poetry Critiques : mentality *The caged bird* Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
A Bird Flu's Impact Being Felt in U.S. Black Health and Wellness 0
Destee Nigeria : Deadly bird flu strain found in Nigeria, first case in Africa Nigeria 1
A Black Poetry : BIRD'S EYE VIEW Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
jamesfrmphilly Black People : bird flu flying our way.............? Black People Open Forum 11
D Black Jokes Humor : Modern Version of The Bird And the Bees Black Jokes Humor 5
E Black Poetry : The Caged Yelllow Bird Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
$$RICH$$ Quiet Poetry Lounge : song bird sings Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
Joyce Black Sports : What Do You Think Of Larry Bird's Comments? Black Sports 10