Black Positive People : the-white-house-hosted-a-princess-party-for-115-black-girls

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
http://thegrio.com/2016/11/06/icymi-the-white-house-hosted-a-princess-party-for-115-black-girls/

The event, which was led by 6-year-old Jordan West, author of Princess for a Day, was held at the Department of Education and was put together by the White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for African Americans.

During the party, West read her book, which fit the princess theme, and which the Education Post reported as an “empowering story of a young Black girl who wanted to throw a party for girls who are homeless or are in the foster care system to ensure that they too, feel like princesses. One of the main lessons that surfaced was that young girls of color from marginalized communities can make a difference right now and recognize their potential to be the change they want to see.”

The girls also wrote phrases like “I am smart” and “I am a queen” on coloring paper to help reinforce the positive message being shared.

chuck

Aug 9, 2003
http://thegrio.com/2016/11/06/icymi-the-white-house-hosted-a-princess-party-for-115-black-girls/

The event, which was led by 6-year-old Jordan West, author of Princess for a Day, was held at the Department of Education and was put together by the White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for African Americans.

During the party, West read her book, which fit the princess theme, and which the Education Post reported as an “empowering story of a young Black girl who wanted to throw a party for girls who are homeless or are in the foster care system to ensure that they too, feel like princesses. One of the main lessons that surfaced was that young girls of color from marginalized communities can make a difference right now and recognize their potential to be the change they want to see.”

The girls also wrote phrases like “I am smart” and “I am a queen” on coloring paper to help reinforce the positive message being shared.
Big props for caring and sharing this information with all us here too!

baller

Jan 28, 2001
the near north
Wonderful! Little black girls should be celebrated. People, around the world, should know that we are not stupid, dumb, or ignorant. However, I'm not sure it's something that should be hosted by the White House--that's supposed to represent all the people. I say that because, had their been an ALL white girl affair, hosted by the White House, we would be up in arms. I would be the first person asking, "where are the little black girls?"

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
Wonderful! Little black girls should be celebrated. People, around the world, should know that we are not stupid, dumb, or ignorant. However, I'm not sure it's something that should be hosted by the White House--that's supposed to represent all the people. I say that because, had their been an ALL white girl affair, hosted by the White House, we would be up in arms. I would be the first person asking, "where are the little black girls?"
and this is what is known as false equivalence...black girls need help, white girls do not

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Moved back to the Borough of my birth...Queens New York...Originally from SouthSide but now I live in Far Rockaway.
Yummy0 wrote on jamesfrmphilly's profile.
Hello to you dear, how are you doing ?
Yummy0 wrote on 1poetsought's profile.
Yummy0 wrote on chuck's profile.
Yummy0 wrote on jamesfrmphilly's profile.