Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Sankofa ...
Question, is Mary the mother of god or a vessel used by God?

The Villain Who Gave Us ‘Mother of God
Cyril was one of the most powerful theological figures of the early Christian church—but he also turned monks in bloodthirsty mobs when it suited his needs

On (hopefully) at least a weekly basis Roman Catholics around the world say the Ave Maria (better known as the “Hail Mary”) in which they petition Mary, the Mother of God to intercede with him on our behalf.

Cyril was right to argue that Mary was the mother of god, philosophically speaking it's the only way for the incarnation to work (full disclosure: I'm a Mary loving Roman Catholic myself), but this theological genius, Doctor of the Church, and Roman Catholic and Orthodox saint had a very dark side ...

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/01/01/the-villain-who-gave-us-mother-of-god.html

ROBERTHARDING / ALAMY STOCK PHOTO

The Pope Prepares for President Trump

FILIPPO MONTEFORTE/Getty

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
1poetsought Black Poetry : They Love A Black Villain Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Money Business Jobs : What would happen if we randomly gave $1,000 to poor families? Now we know Black Money Business Jobs 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Jails / Prisons : US government gave Nation of Islam hundreds of thousands of dollars to teach federal prison inmates Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : The Supreme Court Just Gave Its Latest Gift to Senate Republicans Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : Meet Granddad: Weird, Ancient Reptile Gave Rise to Mammals Science and Technology 0
Liberty Black Entertainment : TNT Gave CHARLES BARKLEY A SHOW TO TALK ABOUT RACE? SMH Black Entertainment 12
ASHANTA Black Poetry : I, Too, Sing America O, God To Thee, The Plantation I Worked Gave Me My Deed Oh Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
RAPTOR Black People : Bill Cosby Said He Gave Quaaludes to Women: Court Documents Black People Open Forum 154
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Christians : How Christianity gave us gay marriage Christian Study Group 10
shaka64 Black People : PETA gave Vick a gang of **** meanwhile PETA Secretly Slaughters Kittens & Puppies! Black People Open Forum 6
MsInterpret Black People : Dad Wins Custody of Baby After Wife Secretly Gave Up For Adoption Black People Open Forum 3
Destee Single Black Mothers : Hi My Name is Destee and I am a Single Black Mother - Pregnant at 16 - Gave Birth at 17 Black Women 41
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Mary's Age when she gave birth AACOOLDRE 3
dnommo Black Poetry : When God Gave Me You...for my wife (1969-2010) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
S Black Entertainment : took me riding on a rocket gave me a star.. Black Entertainment 5
S Black People : Black Brazilian mother gave birth to three white children Black People Open Forum 21
A Black People : Martin Luther King was a uncle tom thats why whites gave him a holiday Black People Open Forum 49
A Black Poetry : VERTIGO! (She gave it to me) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 13
A Black Poetry : God gave me a rose ........... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
$$RICH$$ Black Haiku : Her Name / She gave Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
T Black Poetry : YOUR LOVE GAVE ME PNEUMONIA Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
Nita Black Poetry : I almost gave up on God Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 30
dattaswami1 Black Spirituality Religion : JESUS GAVE THE THEIF KINGDOM OF HEAVEN -WHY? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
L Black People : I gave my grandpa a new hat and Shawl......and Black People Open Forum 1
ASHANTA Black Poetry : ‘Women” The Man Said; What Do You Know About The Black Man God Gave Me The Blue Print Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
MzBlkAngel Black Poetry : So who gave who that apple? Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 14
M Black Poetry : what he gave(that trick was mistakin') Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
M Black Haiku : what he gave.... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
T Black Poetry : God gave me an angel Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
L Black Poetry : ..:He Gave It A Chance:.. Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
Khasm13 Khasm13 : xpectin love when it's no love you gave... Khasm13 30
ASHANTA Quiet Poetry Lounge : I Took It To The Mountain And Gave It to God /Let Freedom Ring~* Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
ASHANTA Black Poetry : I Took It To The Mountain And Gave It to God Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
M Black Poetry : if you gave me your shoes Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
Desert Storm Black Poetry : I Gave A Part Of Myself Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
R Black Poetry : I Gave Her Flowers Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 16
N Black Poetry : His Rhythm Gave Me The Blues Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 26
dnommo Black Poetry : when God gave me you... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 17
blakverb Black Poetry : The best gift she ever gave ME! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Ancestors : Lucille Bridges, mother of activist Ruby Bridges, dies at 86 Honoring Black Ancestors 0
C Black People : The Saving Of Mother Afrika Black People Open Forum 0
C Black People : Mother Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Christians : ELCA faces criticism for posting prayer to 'Mother God' on Facebook, Twitter Christian Study Group 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Children : Mother of black and white twins says people don't believe they are both hers Black Children 0
R Black Poetry : She have butter breasts for other guests her mother suggests she wear a bra one boy in a car tried to get some normal thing for a wet one but she let Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
OldSoul Black People : Mãe Preta (Black Mother): Brazil Exhibition recovers history of black women who breastfed the white children during slavery Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : 'Black Muslims' to blame for high school students' confrontation with Native American, mother claims Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 10
Perfection Benin : In Context Series: Images of the Queen Mother in Benin Court Art Benin 2
Perfection Black People Politics : ▶Speaking of Black Women◀ The Role of the Queen Mother in Israelite Society Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Mother of 5 whose graduation photos went viral is now an attorney: 'My life has changed tremendously Black People Doing Positive Things 0