Black People : The Stolen Legacy Audiobook: Forward

Vizual

Registered
Nov 22, 2007
For the past 20 years I have been a student of Black Studies, especially in the area of history and religion. I have read over two hundred or so books on the subject and have heard countless lectures. But none can ever really take the place of that first book. The first book that shined light into the darkness of my ignorance. For me, that book was The Stolen Legacy by Dr. George GM James.

A friend of mine allowed me to borrow and read the book back in the early 90’s during the time of a rebirth in Black Consciousness. Public Enemy, the teachings of the Nation of Islam, leather medallions with the symbol of Africa on them and being seen with a Black history book was the trend in the African American community. Not wanting to be left out, I asked for one of the many he had on his shelf. He suggested I start with the Stolen Legacy. I asked him why THAT book and he said that, “When you don’t know anything, any place is a good place to start.” So I started…and I became hooked on the books implication that all that I had THOUGHT to have been created by Europeans in the way of mathematics, the arts and sciences, civics, theology and more were actually created by Black Africans!

What? Black people had created that which is the foundation of modern society? This was NOT the ravings of just and angry Black man trying to claim some type of glory from another just to boost his ego..Dr. George GM James had earned a Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Theology and Master of Arts degrees from Durham University in England. He conducted research at London University and did postgraduate work at Columbia University where he read for his Ph.D. Dr. James earned a teaching certificate in the State of New York to teach mathematics, Latin and Greek. Dr. James later served as Professor of Logic and Greek at Livingston College in Salisbury, North Carolina for two years, and eventually taught at the University of Arkansas, Pine Bluff.

I would go on to absorb this book and materials which related to it, including a book titled “Not Out of Africa” which was written 40 years after his book attempting to discredit the work in The Stolen Legacy. Though it received a great deal of praise in the White community, the only thing it succeeded in doing was proving Dr. James may have made some historical errors but it did little to devalue the point that all the fame and Glory given to the Greek philosophers, Socrates, Plato, Pythagoras Aristotle and more was misplaced, considering that what they taught had already existed for thousands of years in Africa. That each of these so-called Philosophers had studied in Africa early on, then returned home to begin teaching that which their people saw as foreign, so foreign that each major philosopher including Aristotle had to flee from their own lands for what they taught.

Also that the many conquerors that had taken over Egypt in particular for centuries to follow, would consistently loot the temples & royal libraries and even kidnap the priests and scholars to extract their knowledge for their countries own growth. But I digress. I wouldn’t want to spoil it for you.

I have converted this timeless classic into an audio format for your convenience but also for the fact that Black people in America NEED to know what our ancestors have done. We must come to understand the depths of our heritage so that can remove the dross of inferiority cultivated in us by a society which has usurped our rightful position. We must reclaim our Stolen Legacy.

Anthony Stewart
Narrator
The Stolen Legacy Audiobook
thestolenlegacy.com

info-moetry

Registered
Dec 20, 2004
The rotten Apple
Occupation
A+ technician
For the past 20 years I have been a student of Black Studies, especially in the area of history and religion. I have read over two hundred or so books on the subject and have heard countless lectures. But none can ever really take the place of that first book. The first book that shined light into the darkness of my ignorance. For me, that book was The Stolen Legacy by Dr. George GM James.

A friend of mine allowed me to borrow and read the book back in the early 90’s during the time of a rebirth in Black Consciousness. Public Enemy, the teachings of the Nation of Islam, leather medallions with the symbol of Africa on them and being seen with a Black history book was the trend in the African American community. Not wanting to be left out, I asked for one of the many he had on his shelf. He suggested I start with the Stolen Legacy. I asked him why THAT book and he said that, “When you don’t know anything, any place is a good place to start.” So I started…and I became hooked on the books implication that all that I had THOUGHT to have been created by Europeans in the way of mathematics, the arts and sciences, civics, theology and more were actually created by Black Africans!

What? Black people had created that which is the foundation of modern society? This was NOT the ravings of just and angry Black man trying to claim some type of glory from another just to boost his ego..Dr. George GM James had earned a Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Theology and Master of Arts degrees from Durham University in England. He conducted research at London University and did postgraduate work at Columbia University where he read for his Ph.D. Dr. James earned a teaching certificate in the State of New York to teach mathematics, Latin and Greek. Dr. James later served as Professor of Logic and Greek at Livingston College in Salisbury, North Carolina for two years, and eventually taught at the University of Arkansas, Pine Bluff.

I would go on to absorb this book and materials which related to it, including a book titled “Not Out of Africa” which was written 40 years after his book attempting to discredit the work in The Stolen Legacy. Though it received a great deal of praise in the White community, the only thing it succeeded in doing was proving Dr. James may have made some historical errors but it did little to devalue the point that all the fame and Glory given to the Greek philosophers, Socrates, Plato, Pythagoras Aristotle and more was misplaced, considering that what they taught had already existed for thousands of years in Africa. That each of these so-called Philosophers had studied in Africa early on, then returned home to begin teaching that which their people saw as foreign, so foreign that each major philosopher including Aristotle had to flee from their own lands for what they taught.

Also that the many conquerors that had taken over Egypt in particular for centuries to follow, would consistently loot the temples & royal libraries and even kidnap the priests and scholars to extract their knowledge for their countries own growth. But I digress. I wouldn’t want to spoil it for you.

I have converted this timeless classic into an audio format for your convenience but also for the fact that Black people in America NEED to know what our ancestors have done. We must come to understand the depths of our heritage so that can remove the dross of inferiority cultivated in us by a society which has usurped our rightful position. We must reclaim our Stolen Legacy.

Anthony Stewart
Narrator
The Stolen Legacy Audiobook
thestolenlegacy.com

peace

As'e to George Grand Master James

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
One-Hundredd Egypt : Stolen Legacy (1988 documentary) of African History and footage in Egypt Egypt 4
Omowale Jabali George G.M. James and the Stolen Legacy of African People Honoring Black Ancestors 2
M Black People : STOLEN LEGACY!!! {A Black Woman} is the Author of the "MATRIX" Movie Black People Open Forum 8
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Legacy Stolen AACOOLDRE 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Stolen 400-year-old Bible from Pittsburgh's Carnegie Library recovered in Netherlands Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
IFE Black People Politics : Georgia election voting machines stolen from vehicle in grocery store parking lot Black People Politics 11
OldSoul OldSoul : Black History: Lost, Stolen or Strayed OldSoul 0
Destee Black People : The Pope Should Return Africa's Stolen Treasures Before He Retires Black People Open Forum 11
cherryblossom Black Positive People : Brother Takes Stolen Tribal Treasures Back To Africa Black People Doing Positive Things 2
Orisons Black People : Has China's Soul been Stolen? Black People Open Forum 2
Ankhur Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv: Carmen MCrae and Betty Carter, Stolen Moments Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Ankhur Black People Politics : President Obama's Teleprompter Stolen Black People Politics 1
OldSoul OldSoul : The Life That Was Stolen From Us OldSoul 8
Writeous1 Black People : The Story Behind Black's Stolen 2000 and 2004 Election Votes Black People Open Forum 5
RAPTOR Black People : The Stolen Generation Black People Open Forum 4
skuderjaymes Blackpridenetwork & stolen content. Violators and Violations (Possible Ones) 1
gogounited Black Spirituality Religion : The Stolen Spirituality-Reality of the World Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 8
jamesfrmphilly Black People : the stolen car Black People Open Forum 9
A Black Spirituality Religion : Where the Adam and Eve story was stolen from Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 35
tyab14 African American History Culture : Read Stolen Legay (G James) Online African American History Culture 9
T Black People : ‘Self-Help’: A Stolen Word Wielded as a Weapon Against Black Activism Black People Open Forum 0
Thuso Black People : Another stolen election, this time at the hands of the Democrats? Black People Open Forum 1
P Black People : Another Stolen Election? Black People Open Forum 6
Destee Black Entertainment : ShowTime at the Apollo ... STOLEN ?? Black Entertainment 3
D Africa : 'Stolen' treasures better off in the West, says African curator All Things Africa 1
D Black People : Black police officer made to pay for his own "stolen" gun Black People Open Forum 0
S Black Poetry : Her Innocence Was Stolen Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 14
M Nigeria : $420billion stolen by Nigeria's corrupt leaders Nigeria 13
A Black Poetry : .::Stolen Words::. Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 24
Joyce Black Poetry : STOLEN Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
P Black People : Stolen Dreams! Black People Open Forum 14
daroc Black Short Stories : stolen property...ending Short Stories - Authors - Writing 3
daroc Black Short Stories : stolen property...... Short Stories - Authors - Writing 2
daroc Black Short Stories : stolen property continued...... Short Stories - Authors - Writing 3
daroc Black Short Stories : stolen property I and II Short Stories - Authors - Writing 3
daroc Black Short Stories : stolen property Short Stories - Authors - Writing 3
E Black Haiku : Stolen Innocence Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
I Black Poetry : Stolen Innocence Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
N Black Poetry : Stolen Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
R Black Poetry : stolen moments Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : 'MLK/FBI' director talks 'cancel culture' and the Civil Rights leader's legacy via unreleased FBI recordings Black Entertainment 2
G Black People Politics : Toppling Statues and Removing Racist State Flags Should Not be The legacy of The Untimely Demise of George Floyd Black People Politics 0
T Black Muslims : The legacy of Adam and Eve inherited by The Muslimuwn Islam Study Group 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Expert: America's 'legacy of racism' led to a broken drug treatment system Black Health and Wellness 0
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : Britain still fails to acknowledge its legacy of slavery—memorializing its victims would be a start African American History Culture 0
Ndugu Black Entertainment : White Supremacy hard at work to destroy Malcolm X Legacy, with the Propaganda series "Godfather of Harlem" Black Entertainment 7
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : My Utmost Of His legacy Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Travel : African samurai: The enduring legacy of a black warrior in feudal Japan Black Travel 0
Destee Black Entertainment : ARETHA FRANKLIN LEGACY LIVES Black Entertainment 1
Perfection South Africa : In Context Series: South Africa's Land Reform Crisis: Eliminating the Legacy of Apartheid South Africa 0