Black People : the stolen car

jamesfrmphilly

PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
lets say that you buy a new benz.

one day at a stop light a man puts a gun in your face. he pistol whips you and takes the car.
you left standing on the curb.

lets say that the man takes your car home and gives it to his son. his son is now driving around town in your car.
the son does not know the car was stolen. the son thinks he earned the car.

one day you are standing at the bus stop and see the son drive by in your car.

you scream "thats my car, it was stolen!".
the son says "i never stole anything". "my daddy gave me this car". "pull yourself up by your bootstraps, you lazy negro".

whose car is it?

Knowledge Seed

Registered
Feb 22, 2008
Atlanta, GA

one day at a stop light a man puts a gun in your face. he pistol whips you and takes the car.

lets say that the man takes your car home and gives it to his son. his son is now driving around town in your car.

the son says "i never stole anything". "my daddy gave me this car". "pull yourself up by your bootstraps, you lazy negro".

whose car is it?

Mines

jamesfrmphilly

PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
A descendant of the onetime owner of a famed Van Gogh painting has sued Yale University in an effort to reclaim the artwork from the Ivy League school.

In a lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court in New Haven, Conn., Pierre Konowaloff alleged that the university should have known the painting—"The Night Café"—had been confiscated from his great-grandfather, Ivan Morozov, a Russian industrialist and aristocrat, during the Communist takeover of Russia in the early 1900s.

The 1888 painting was subsequently sold by the Soviet government to a European gallery. Stephen Carlton Clark, a Yale alumnus, bought the painting from a gallery in New York in the early 1930s and bequeathed it to Yale in 1961.

In his suit, Mr. Konowaloff, who lives in France, accuses the university of engaging "in a policy of willful ignorance" that amounts to "art laundering," and asks the court to declare him the rightful owner.
Aware of Mr. Konowaloff's intention to claim the painting, Yale filed a lawsuit of its own last March in federal court in New Haven.

In its suit, Yale asserted ownership of "The Night Café," claiming that the nationalization of the painting by Communist Russia -- while at odds with capitalism -- did not violate international law.
Yale stated in its lawsuit that "it was accepted at the time, as it is now, that the sales by the Soviet government were valid, as were later acquisitions of the paintings."

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=yale+sued+over+painting&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

info-moetry

Registered
Dec 20, 2004
The rotten Apple
Occupation
A+ technician

whose car is it?

peace

depends on what state and what "color" the victim & victimizer are?

posession holds different weight in different states!

oh, ok i just read the story attached to the link you just posted while i was posting to your original question. I think that is a far cry from a car stolen in the states!

I think that the statute of limitations has passed on his or his grand father's ownership. It will now be up to how much juice this russian fella has here in the states or abroad!

On second thought, how many thousands of other stolen items does Yale have besides this painting....? Did they ever give the family of Geronimo his bones back? I doubt it!

jamesfrmphilly

PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
the standard white line.....

Him (her white paramour) accepting this or that knowing he is recieveing whatever he is recieving because he's part of a certain race is also wrong,
but I don't see it as something that makes him this big awful person, since this is something I bet every single person here has done at least once in their lifetime

this is the standard line that is used by white people and their supporters to excuse themselves from any responsibility for the acts of their grandfathers.
they quickly claim that they did not own slaves, they have done no wrong and black people should just suck it up.

my question is there really a limit on stealing? genocide? if the grandfather stole it why can't the heirs lay claim to it?
in particular, such massive crime as slavery should not have a limit on recompense since it may take generations for the victims to even be able to press charges.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
One-Hundredd Egypt : Stolen Legacy (1988 documentary) of African History and footage in Egypt Egypt 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Stolen 400-year-old Bible from Pittsburgh's Carnegie Library recovered in Netherlands Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
IFE Black People Politics : Georgia election voting machines stolen from vehicle in grocery store parking lot Black People Politics 11
OldSoul OldSoul : Black History: Lost, Stolen or Strayed OldSoul 0
Destee Black People : The Pope Should Return Africa's Stolen Treasures Before He Retires Black People Open Forum 11
cherryblossom Black Positive People : Brother Takes Stolen Tribal Treasures Back To Africa Black People Doing Positive Things 2
Orisons Black People : Has China's Soul been Stolen? Black People Open Forum 2
Ankhur Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv: Carmen MCrae and Betty Carter, Stolen Moments Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Ankhur Black People Politics : President Obama's Teleprompter Stolen Black People Politics 1
OldSoul OldSoul : The Life That Was Stolen From Us OldSoul 8
Writeous1 Black People : The Story Behind Black's Stolen 2000 and 2004 Election Votes Black People Open Forum 5
RAPTOR Black People : The Stolen Generation Black People Open Forum 4
V Black People : The Stolen Legacy Audiobook: Forward Black People Open Forum 1
skuderjaymes Blackpridenetwork & stolen content. Violators and Violations (Possible Ones) 1
gogounited Black Spirituality Religion : The Stolen Spirituality-Reality of the World Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 8
A Black Spirituality Religion : Where the Adam and Eve story was stolen from Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 35
tyab14 African American History Culture : Read Stolen Legay (G James) Online African American History Culture 9
T Black People : ‘Self-Help’: A Stolen Word Wielded as a Weapon Against Black Activism Black People Open Forum 0
Thuso Black People : Another stolen election, this time at the hands of the Democrats? Black People Open Forum 1
P Black People : Another Stolen Election? Black People Open Forum 6
Destee Black Entertainment : ShowTime at the Apollo ... STOLEN ?? Black Entertainment 3
Omowale Jabali George G.M. James and the Stolen Legacy of African People Honoring Black Ancestors 2
D Africa : 'Stolen' treasures better off in the West, says African curator All Things Africa 1
D Black People : Black police officer made to pay for his own "stolen" gun Black People Open Forum 0
S Black Poetry : Her Innocence Was Stolen Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 14
M Nigeria : $420billion stolen by Nigeria's corrupt leaders Nigeria 13
A Black Poetry : .::Stolen Words::. Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 24
Joyce Black Poetry : STOLEN Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
P Black People : Stolen Dreams! Black People Open Forum 14
daroc Black Short Stories : stolen property...ending Short Stories - Authors - Writing 3
daroc Black Short Stories : stolen property...... Short Stories - Authors - Writing 2
daroc Black Short Stories : stolen property continued...... Short Stories - Authors - Writing 3
daroc Black Short Stories : stolen property I and II Short Stories - Authors - Writing 3
daroc Black Short Stories : stolen property Short Stories - Authors - Writing 3
E Black Haiku : Stolen Innocence Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
I Black Poetry : Stolen Innocence Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
M Black People : STOLEN LEGACY!!! {A Black Woman} is the Author of the "MATRIX" Movie Black People Open Forum 8
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Legacy Stolen AACOOLDRE 0
N Black Poetry : Stolen Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
R Black Poetry : stolen moments Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
R Black Poetry : Get bizarre deals when my car wheels around down town potholes reveal my tire alignment, be jive in the street see a tree only five feet this road go Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
R Black Poetry : Being hot from the hood is not good in any manner a plenty bandannas are worn by many car parked at the club but got a bad spark plug and my heart l Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
R Black Poetry : Travel in the car on gravel very far to babble at the bar house roof got tar paper, hocus pocus got stamina like an auto focus in a camera got hype sn Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : She have butter breasts for other guests her mother suggests she wear a bra one boy in a car tried to get some normal thing for a wet one but she let Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
R Black Poetry : never bother the scorn, father was born far away he's in the car today flow for fun hair glow in the sun he know no one can challenge this he's Ame Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : African American museum founder discovered dead in car trunk African American History Culture 1
R Black Poetry : his funk are facts bizarre so he jumped back into the car and drove away looked at the globe today a Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : The Jim Crow Car African American History Culture 0
R Black Poetry : In VIRGINIA BEACH devastated as a car accelerated toward me had to duck that's just bad luck a sad c Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Employee given CEO's personal car after leaving at midnight to walk 20 miles to first day at work Black People Doing Positive Things 1