Black People : The Sacredness of Virginity

Bootzey

Feb 26, 2008
Metro ATL
Occupation
Don't Ask
Who's hiding behind religion? My religion is apart of my being, as I stated; I don't hide behind it as if I'm afraid to say what I believe, it makes up my belief!

Just because it's not a religious forum does not mean I should halt my views at every other thread; these threads are free for all to post in, whether their view is religious or not.

Saying that it's only a problem in religious venues sounds as if that's only being used to excuse the behavior from being wrong. So because people who state they have religion have a problem with it but within secular venues it's okay, that makes the secular correct? Based on what? Because they aren't religious? Now that's just simply stating bias and holds no water or "factual foundation".

Many people don't respect themselves in many different ways, but this was about virginity and why it does matter, so all else isn't necessary to state.

I've stated nothing about gold standards; you brought that in because of how you perceive my answer.

Some people "just like" a lot of stuff, but it doesn't make it right. Some people just like drugs, but isn't that disrespect to the body? Liking it has nothing to do with whether one has respect to the body.

If one runs all of the time, knowing that their legs are suffering for it, then that's lack of respect to the body as well.

No one is judging you or anyone, but the deed of promiscuity is wrong. People take it personally when the deed they commit is condemned, but they shouldn't. Aren't people more than sex? So why should they take fornication being viewed as bad as a swipe to themselves when they could give it up at anytime? Again, I've not made myself a judge of people, I speak on the actions. I've done many wrongs, and have been no less hard on my own actions for where I've lacked respect to my own body.

And yes, it's adults making conscious decisions, but the decision made isn't always right.
I still havent read anything but you think it's wrong and your religious. I haven't heard that it causes injuries or that is will cause one to lose limbs or cause the economy to fall or that sex causes gas prices to go up. I've heard nothing so concrete. Just that it shouldn't be done because you and your religion say so.

Angela22

Feb 26, 2013
I still havent read anything but you think it's wrong and your religious. I haven't heard that it causes injuries or that is will cause one to lose limbs or cause the economy to fall or that sex causes gas prices to go up. I've heard nothing so concrete. Just that it shouldn't be done because you and your religion say so.
We hear what we want; some hear the truth, while others their very own conclusions.

Why would there need to be something like the the economy falling for one to abstain from lewdness? It's more important than that, however "concrete" you may feel those things are. You are focused on the earthly troubles of it all, while I'm not, so we don't see the same.

Angela22

Feb 26, 2013
When it comes to virginity, I think a lot of guys don't place enough importance on it with their own bodies.

But I also think many men are ashamed when confronted about not being a virgin; especially if it's by a woman they'd like to be with, and she is one, herself.

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.
Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss: