Black People : The Sacredness of Virginity

Bootzey

Feb 26, 2008
Metro ATL
Occupation
Don't Ask
Plenty of people look for previous experience when it comes to sex. Do men line up at strip joints or at virgins' houses? They are looking for the experience. Women want for it also, in many cases.

The purpose in virginity is respect to your very body and the one who you'll be with in your lifetime; they know you haven't been had by everyone as if your body, which is your Temple, was an open night club or some common toy to be played around with by everyone.

However, as I stated in my previous post, virginity of the Spirit has more weight than the carnal body, I believe. So even if one did sleep with many men or women, they shouldn't be judged by their fellow man or woman as never being able to slow down nor as permanent whores or pimps.
So people who have a lot of sex with different people have no respect for their bodies? And I would prefer for your answer to have no religion attached to it.

Angela22

Feb 26, 2013
So people who have a lot of sex with different people have no respect for their bodies? And I would prefer for your answer to have no religion attached to it.
If you want an answer, please don't ask for it to not have my faith or religion connected to it; my faith and my religion aren't simply side things I turn off and on to appease anyone; it is apart of who my being is.

And yes, they show no respect for their bodies when they have sex with many and different people.

SophiaG

Aug 14, 2010
Virginity. I have no strong feelings on the subject.

Whether you are or aren't shouldn't determine your worth as a person.

Bootzey

Feb 26, 2008
Metro ATL
Occupation
Don't Ask
If you want an answer, please don't ask for it to not have my faith or religion connected to it; my faith and my religion aren't simply side things I turn off and on to appease anyone; it is apart of who my being is.

And yes, they show no respect for their bodies when they have sex with many and different people.
I did a double check just to make sure I wasn't posting in a religious forum. I wasn't. I stay out of those forums because I don't do the mystery god thing, yet I don't stomp on people who do. But since this ain't there.....

I disagree with your entire premise that people who like sex have a problem because the only place it is a problem is in religious venues. Take religion out of the formula that opinion has no factual foundation.

That argument could be flipped to say, that fat people don't respect their bodies or unattractive people don't respect themselves and so on and so forth. Who said that your "faith" or opinion is the gold standard? Some people just like sex. I like running. I could run all the time and no one would judge me. But if I as an adult choose to be promiscuous that's a problem? I think not. That is an adult making a conscious choice for themselves. And I don't think other people should judge and hide behind religion.

Angela22

Feb 26, 2013
I did a double check just to make sure I wasn't posting in a religious forum. I wasn't. I stay out of those forums because I don't do the mystery god thing, yet I don't stomp on people who do. But since this ain't there.....

I disagree with your entire premise that people who like sex have a problem because the only place it is a problem is in religious venues. Take religion out of the formula that opinion has no factual foundation.

That argument could be flipped to say, that fat people don't respect their bodies or unattractive people don't respect themselves and so on and so forth. Who said that your "faith" or opinion is the gold standard? Some people just like sex. I like running. I could run all the time and no one would judge me. But if I as an adult choose to be promiscuous that's a problem? I think not. That is an adult making a conscious choice for themselves. And I don't think other people should judge and hide behind religion.
Who's hiding behind religion? My religion is apart of my being, as I stated; I don't hide behind it as if I'm afraid to say what I believe, it makes up my belief!

Just because it's not a religious forum does not mean I should halt my views at every other thread; these threads are free for all to post in, whether their view is religious or not.

Saying that it's only a problem in religious venues sounds as if that's only being used to excuse the behavior from being wrong. So because people who state they have religion have a problem with it but within secular venues it's okay, that makes the secular correct? Based on what? Because they aren't religious? Now that's just simply stating bias and holds no water or "factual foundation".

Many people don't respect themselves in many different ways, but this was about virginity and why it does matter, so all else isn't necessary to state.

I've stated nothing about gold standards; you brought that in because of how you perceive my answer.

Some people "just like" a lot of stuff, but it doesn't make it right. Some people just like drugs, but isn't that disrespect to the body? Liking it has nothing to do with whether one has respect to the body.

If one runs all of the time, knowing that their legs are suffering for it, then that's lack of respect to the body as well.

No one is judging you or anyone, but the deed of promiscuity is wrong. People take it personally when the deed they commit is condemned, but they shouldn't. Aren't people more than sex? So why should they take fornication being viewed as bad as a swipe to themselves when they could give it up at anytime? Again, I've not made myself a judge of people, I speak on the actions. I've done many wrongs, and have been no less hard on my own actions for where I've lacked respect to my own body.

And yes, it's adults making conscious decisions, but the decision made isn't always right.

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.
Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss: