Black People : The Sacredness of Virginity

Angela22

Feb 26, 2013
What I find interesting is that this conversation is ALWAYS about women remaining virgins but never men. And it is usually men who are promoting this rather than women....
Not always, especially in this one which is nice.:)

For the record let me clear up any preconcieved misconceptions...when I refer to virginity I am speaking to both male and female because many times we as men shrug it off as if we have a God given right to "hit" anything that moves and women a.k.a women who want to be "wifey material" should be concerned with preserving their innocence.
!

Many women do promote it, but sometimes other women ignore them because they'd rather a man's opinion and point of view since that's who they plan to be with, over all. And I know plenty men who despise virginity in men(calling them punks) and women(saying they can't please); pretty harsh for virgins because then they feel urged to get with as many men as possible.

Bootzey

Feb 26, 2008
Metro ATL
Occupation
Don't Ask
So what is the purpose of virginity anyway? I see no value in it from any aspect. Sex is the only endeavor where folks want you to NOT have previous experience...

Angela22

Feb 26, 2013
So what is the purpose of virginity anyway? I see no value in it from any aspect. Sex is the only endeavor where folks want you to NOT have previous experience...
Plenty of people look for previous experience when it comes to sex. Do men line up at strip joints or at virgins' houses? They are looking for the experience. Women want for it also, in many cases.

The purpose in virginity is respect to your very body and the one who you'll be with in your lifetime; they know you haven't been had by everyone as if your body, which is your Temple, was an open night club or some common toy to be played around with by everyone.

However, as I stated in my previous post, virginity of the Spirit has more weight than the carnal body, I believe. So even if one did sleep with many men or women, they shouldn't be judged by their fellow man or woman as never being able to slow down nor as permanent whores or pimps.

dunwiddat

Sep 17, 2012
Very descriptive, I might say. Much of what is stated are true reasons any should understand why they shouldn't jump into having sex just because the occasion seemingly calls for it; whether it be that you two really feel for each other and are alone or whether you are just feeling very lustful.

Now, I don't place all emphasis on virginity of the body because the carnal things only matter so much; it's the Spiritual that holds true.

However, fornication is a sin against the body, the very Temple you call your home as you dwell this earth, so if one has not gotten into it, they definitely should look at all reasons not to; that is what you've presented and, of course, many more. :)

An elderly lady who was 92 was a virgin....she was featured in our local paper. For her it was like a rare coin...
The sad thing is that women are being ridiculed by males and females IF they choose to remain virgins. I think that the idea is for women to be virgins and not men...it is much easier to find a woman who is a virgin than a man...People might assume that if a man is a virgin..HE MUST BE GAY. In today's world women try to belong and think that giving themselves away automatically means that a particular guy will remain with them. This couldn't be further from the truth. If a woman is a virgin and she believes that she intends to be this way until she is married, IF a man truly loves her he will WAIT. The truth is that if she does not give in she has lost nothing..but gained everything, but when she gives in, there is no reason for the man to remain with her...Most men have this idea that they are not BUYING A PIG IN A POKE...to me this is trivialising sex. Many men will try to have sex with women virgins or not...BUT you will always find that they will seek a special woman to be their wife.

Angela22

Feb 26, 2013
An elderly lady who was 92 was a virgin....she was featured in our local paper. For her it was like a rare coin...
The sad thing is that women are being ridiculed by males and females IF they choose to remain virgins. I think that the idea is for women to be virgins and not men...it is much easier to find a woman who is a virgin than a man...People might assume that if a man is a virgin..HE MUST BE GAY. In today's world women try to belong and think that giving themselves away automatically means that a particular guy will remain with them. This couldn't be further from the truth. If a woman is a virgin and she believes that she intends to be this way until she is married, IF a man truly loves her he will WAIT. The truth is that if she does not give in she has lost nothing..but gained everything, but when she gives in, there is no reason for the man to remain with her...Most men have this idea that they are not BUYING A PIG IN A POKE...to me this is trivialising sex. Many men will try to have sex with women virgins or not...BUT you will always find that they will seek a special woman to be their wife.
That is very rare to happen at such an age. And the idea in this thread is for both to be virgins, and also, the idea for everyone should be to remain virginal. Men get no pass for defiling their Temple no more than a woman, so we all should encourage and not tempt.

And yes, being a virgin means you have lost nothing at all. Whether a man or woman stay or go, you are intact and in waiting for the right one.

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.
Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss: