Black Money Business Jobs : The reason crime pays

blazejay

Apr 14, 2012
What I have today is something that concerns me because I banging my head against walls, and plotting to flip the script.
I mean what good is to be the "good guy" anymore trying to avoid prison time when they stack everything against a black,honest, well-educated, good man.
As much as I try to stay good, I am not going to have a job anytime soon and here is why:

In addition, once unemployed, Blacks are less likely to find jobs and tend to stay unemployed for longer periods of time. Blacks remained unemployed longer than Whites or Hispanics in 2011, with a median duration of unemployment of 27.0 weeks (compared to 19.7 for Whites and 18.5 for Hispanics). Nearly half (49.5 percent) of all unemployed Blacks were unemployed 27 weeks or longer in 2011, compared to 41.7 percent of unemployed Whites and 39.9 percent of unemployed Hispanics. Once a worker is unemployed for a prolonged period, it becomes harder to find a new job. Job search becomes harder for such an individual because the worker may not have the networks of employed friends and family to refer them to jobs and because they may become disconnected and depressed the longer they remain unemployed.7 Also, job search becomes more difficult without income support, as an unemployed person may not have the resources to afford transportation, seek information and even afford clothes for interviews.8 Finally, as the pool of applicants grows larger, employers sometimes use employment status, including unemployment duration, and credit ratings as ways to screen out candidates even if these are poor screens and these candidates may be qualified for the jobs.

Even though they still is doing this to this day, Why should I stress about getting a job and stay legal when I can't get my foot in the right doors?
I can't survive messing with this mess and people wonder why the youths selling drugs and out on corners?
No excuses but poverty or pressure to do something beside sitting around you have to do something to make money.

From:http://www.dol.gov/_Sec/media/reports/blacklaborforce/#.UKA12WewXV8

skuderjaymes

Contextualizer Synthesizer
Nov 2, 2009
theory to application to discussion to percussion
Occupation
independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
What I have today is something that concerns me because I banging my head against walls, and plotting to flip the script.
I mean what good is to be the "good guy" anymore trying to avoid prison time when they stack everything against a black,honest, well-educated, good man.
As much as I try to stay good, I am not going to have a job anytime soon and here is why:

In addition, once unemployed, Blacks are less likely to find jobs and tend to stay unemployed for longer periods of time. Blacks remained unemployed longer than Whites or Hispanics in 2011, with a median duration of unemployment of 27.0 weeks (compared to 19.7 for Whites and 18.5 for Hispanics). Nearly half (49.5 percent) of all unemployed Blacks were unemployed 27 weeks or longer in 2011, compared to 41.7 percent of unemployed Whites and 39.9 percent of unemployed Hispanics. Once a worker is unemployed for a prolonged period, it becomes harder to find a new job. Job search becomes harder for such an individual because the worker may not have the networks of employed friends and family to refer them to jobs and because they may become disconnected and depressed the longer they remain unemployed.7 Also, job search becomes more difficult without income support, as an unemployed person may not have the resources to afford transportation, seek information and even afford clothes for interviews.8 Finally, as the pool of applicants grows larger, employers sometimes use employment status, including unemployment duration, and credit ratings as ways to screen out candidates even if these are poor screens and these candidates may be qualified for the jobs.

Even though they still is doing this to this day, Why should I stress about getting a job and stay legal when I can't get my foot in the right doors?
I can't survive messing with this mess and people wonder why the youths selling drugs and out on corners?
No excuses but poverty or pressure to do something beside sitting around you have to do something to make money.

1. Stop banging your head against the wall
2. Stop looking at statistics like they are divine pronouncements.
3. Stop being "blacks" and be yourself.
4. Look at the marketplace ; look at who's eating ; learn to do what they are doing ; then you can eat too.
5. Stop looking around for excuses.
6. Get to work.

Nothing from nothing leaves nothing.

dunwiddat

Sep 17, 2012

This seems like a defeatest approach. What if everyone had this approach no one would find work. Perseverance seldom fails. Have you every though about owning your own business?

Asomfwaa

Nov 16, 2011
Trade stocks. It's less that $10 to trade some. And it pays more than crime. Ask Buffett.

chuck

Aug 9, 2003

Advice is easier given out than followed up...

I. e., having not gotten my mind around what your specific gripes are, I won't give any myself...

But it is this 'blame the victim' mentality which is a turn off for me!

And it just isn't about us blacks vs them whites...

Many of both, some who had jobs etc. before the leader of the other party in power etc. at the time screwed everything up, ad naseum, don't anymore!

So when the system is rigged to make failures out of the best of us:

To me, long overdure to envision one that truly reflects our best interests...

By the way: chuckthompson610@yahoo.com

And thanks for providing that link...

FYI...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Black People : Here Is The Reason Why Black People Open Forum 0
SwagII Black Relationships : Sex Isn't Always The Reason... Black Relationships 0
R Black Poetry : Emotions strong and like oceans roam in wet places while he get laces at home alarm is the reason in a girl's arm every season, the worst is fear then Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
HODEE Black People Politics : State Laws Governing Early Voting - Pennsylvania for some reason isn't included Black People Politics 0
Chyko Black People : Explain With A Scientific Reason Why "Black" People Are Dying Of COVID-19 More - Rapper Stefflon Don Black People Open Forum 3
KRAZYK Black People : You have no reason to cry about your home Black People Open Forum 4
Ndugu Black People : No Reason Why we should not have a Nationwide Boycott on Black Friday ova Police Lynching! Black People Open Forum 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : THIS CRAB'S BLOOD IS THE REASON YOU'RE ALIVE Science and Technology 0
R Black Poetry : Above the rim and fly and love simplify his reason for true wings this season gonna do bling after all it's not a new thing see a girl body swell and Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Atheists : Is atheism the reason for Ta-Nehisi Coates' pessimism on race relations? Atheist Study Group 1
Liberty Black Money Business Jobs : The Big Reason Whites Are Richer Than Blacks in America Black Money Business Jobs 4
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : Video: DL HUGHLEY: THE REASON ATHLETES AND CELEBRITIES CANT FIX THE BLACK COMMUNITY Audio Video Web Conferencing 8
Enki Black Sports : This is part of the reason they don't like Serena Black Sports 1
S African American History Culture : The Real Reason Slavery Ended - The Gullah Wars African American History Culture 1
S Black People : The Real Reason Slavery Ended - The Gullah Wars Black People Open Forum 1
T Black Muslims : Siyaam (i.e. fasting)..The Soul and Sole reason Islam Study Group 0
Liberty Black Relationships : #1 Reason Women Pull Away From Relationships Black Relationships 19
Liberty Black Relationships : #1 Reason Men Pull Away From Relationships Black Relationships 120
nilevalley Black People : Texas pastor bans weave for female church staff& the bold reason why! Black People Open Forum 0
HODEE Black Poetry : I know the reason it feels so strange Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
LookingForward Black People Politics : The Only Reason To Support Donald Trump Black People Politics 16
OldSoul OldSoul : Mumia Abu-Jamal "Some Who Feel No Reason For Thanksgiving" OldSoul 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : An ISIS defector explained a key reason people continue joining the group Black People Politics 6
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : Minnesota exposes one troubling reason America locks up so many black people Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Computers - Software Hardware : People Shocked At The Real Reason Behind Slow Computers… Science and Technology 0
RAPTOR Black People : The real reason Holistic Doctors are being killed and vanishing? Black People Open Forum 6
Clyde C Coger Jr Food Discussion : The real reason Americans are worried about GMOs is actually a way bigger problem Food Discussion and Recipes 2
TruthHitman Black Hebrew Israelites : The Reason White Scholars Lie On History Black Hebrew Israelites Study Group 0
chuck Black People : Another Reason Brother Ali Is 'The Greatest' Among Us All! Black People Open Forum 1
CosmicMessenger Black Entertainment : James Brown - There Must Be A Reason Black Entertainment 0
Kemetstry Black People : ANOTHER REASON FOR REPARATIONS Black People Open Forum 10
OldSoul OldSoul : [For Black Women Only) Ego Tripping (there may be a reason why) OldSoul 0
HODEE Black People : Reason for no history on black patriots Black People Open Forum 0
Destee African Holiday : African Holidays - can you name any - along with their date / reason for celebrating? Black Events 28
Black-king Black Hebrew Israelites : The reason a woman must never commit adultery. Black Hebrew Israelites Study Group 19
Orisons Black People Politics : Do YOU KNOW the real reason Nelson Mandela was freed? Black People Politics 138
MsInterpret Health and Wellness : The REAL Reason You Need to do Kegels Black Health and Wellness 8
1poetsought Black Poetry : No Rhyme or Reason Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
info-moetry Black Relationships : Is our lack of knowledge of self, the reason we seek outside companionship? Black Relationships 2
Knowledge Seed Black People : Is Malcolm the reason white folks love Martin? Black People Open Forum 43
Fine1952 Black Spirituality Religion : E-Motion (versus) Reason Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
MS234 Violaters / Violations : There's no reason to play hardball with me Violators and Violations (Possible Ones) 3
candeesweet Audio Video Web Conferencing : MAZE and Frankie Beverly-Reason Audio Video Web Conferencing 1
A Black People Politics : I guess this is the reason why Ron Paul would never be elected Black People Politics 1
river Black Men : The Reason Black women are Angry at Black Men Black Men 131
Ankhur Black People : Can the Supporters of this War, explain, what is the reason for it? Black People Open Forum 1
hartwell Black People : This is the reason why the whiteman is nothing but the devil Black People Open Forum 3
Ankhur Black People : All the more Reason for a Third party that represents Our Interests Black People Open Forum 0
N Black Poetry : GIVE ME ONE REASON Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
R Black Poetry : Within Reason Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1