going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Hermetic

May 30, 2015
This is the very example of what I mean when it comes to some of the issues we should be focusing inward to fix about ourselves.

My mother was physically abused by her husband (my stepfather), and in turn I was physically abused by my mother and to a lesser extent her husband as a child. My maternal grandmother suffered physically abused by her first husband, finally leaving him after having 4 children with him. This cycle of abuse was something I was determined to break, learning to control my emotions and to consider the consequences of my actions. Many do not learn such lessons and instead take away from those experiences that abuse is the natural order of things.

I understand many of our people want to keep silent about these issues because of the images they project about us. Still, that desire to remain silent also ends up allowing the cycle of abuse to continue in some of our families. When things are swept under the rug, they tend to fester and not actually ever be resolved.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
This is the very example of what I mean when it comes to some of the issues we should be focusing inward to fix about ourselves.

My mother was physically abused by her husband (my stepfather), and in turn I was physically abused by my mother and to a lesser extent her husband as a child. My maternal grandmother suffered physically abused by her first husband, finally leaving him after having 4 children with him. This cycle of abuse was something I was determined to break, learning to control my emotions and to consider the consequences of my actions. Many do not learn such lessons and instead take away from those experiences that abuse is the natural order of things.

I understand many of our people want to keep silent about these issues because of the images they project about us. Still, that desire to remain silent also ends up allowing the cycle of abuse to continue in some of our families. When things are swept under the rug, they tend to fester and not actually ever be resolved.

Well said Hermetic, well said indeed.

SwagII

May 26, 2019
Fear, the gateway to a woman's scared soul, etc. These men got away with abusing and or beating these women because these women allow them to, etc. Yet a many women stood up and stopped a man from beating them etc. Most of these men wanted absolute mental and physical control over his so called woman, wife, etc. He was extracting fear from her, etc. many of these men were simply imitating their fathers, mother's boyfriends ,etc., Btw... most men that beat women were usually always cheaters, etc. Look they had some black women back in the day and still to this day, will hurt a man that puts his hands on her, etc. that is in a violent way.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
1poetsought Black Poetry : as quiet as it's kept Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Damaris Sheldon Black People : Anybody Notice How Quiet It Has Become In The Streets The Last 48 Hours? Black People Open Forum 13
Clyde C Coger Jr Africa : Russia's Quiet Rise in Africa All Things Africa 0
1poetsought Black Poetry : Quiet Enjoyment Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Kamau47 Black People Politics : Obama Chooses to Remain Quiet, Again Black People Politics 48
Keita Kenyatta Black People Politics : Book: Obama Team Tried to Pay Rev. Wright $150K to Keep Quiet Until After 2008 Election Black People Politics 1
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Vigilante Jamming Cell Phone Calls On City Buses To Help Preserve Peace And Quiet Black People Open Forum 1
1poetsought Black Poetry : Quiet Peaceful Flow Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
The Mystro The Front Porch : The Mystro's Quiet Storm Internet Radio Show The Front Porch 4
OldSoul Audio Video Web Conferencing : Quiet Storm - Smokey Robinson Audio Video Web Conferencing 1
HODEE Black Poetry : The Peace and Quiet Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
S Black Entertainment : Let's Get Quiet (shh) Black Entertainment 8
$$RICH$$ Quiet Poetry Lounge : Quiet storm X factor pt.1 Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
queentswana Black Poetry : Quiet Bear Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
MANASIAC Black Picture Image Gallery : The quiet comedian Black Picture Image Gallery 1
S Quiet Movements Black Health and Wellness 0
Son of RA Black People : Quiet Warfare Black People Open Forum 1
K Black People : Quiet, Respectful Little Girls Black People Open Forum 1
ASHANTA Black Poetry : Keeping It Real My True Sisters, Can You Deal With The Truth, A Quiet Moment Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
C It's been real quiet over here lately Black Men 10
S Quiet Poetry Lounge : QUIET STORM Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 21
N Black Poetry : A Quiet Conversation Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
$$RICH$$ Quiet Poetry Lounge : Quiet Storm Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
D Quiet Poetry Lounge : quiet flow... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
watzinaname Quiet Poetry Lounge : Can You Hear that Quiet Storm? Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
watzinaname Quiet Poetry Lounge : This is Not Quiet Nor Peaceful... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
Joyce Black Poetry : A Man Named Quiet Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 17
D Black Poetry : Quiet Reflections Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
MzBlkAngel Black Poetry : Quiet time Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
R Black Poetry : Quiet Heartbeat Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
$$RICH$$ Quiet Poetry Lounge : Quiet mental mindz Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
MzBlkAngel Black Poetry : Quiet Of The Storm Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 13
L Black Poetry : On this quiet Place.. Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
T Black Poetry : The Quiet of Day Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
HODEE Black Poetry : YOUR MY QUIET STORM Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 17
N Quiet Poetry Lounge : A Quiet Storm Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
Joyce Black Poetry : Quiet Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
B Black Poetry : Quiet Storm (Warning....) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
$$RICH$$ Quiet Poetry Lounge : Quiet moments of us together Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 23
Aaliyahmonet Black Poetry : Livin Da Quiet Life Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
J Quiet Poetry Lounge : a quiet poem... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
DIIMOND Black Poetry : Quiet Time 2 Play Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
D Black Poetry : why u so quiet? Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
$$RICH$$ Quiet Poetry Lounge : Quiet Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 15
$$RICH$$ Quiet Poetry Lounge : Quiet Tyme Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
$$RICH$$ Quiet Poetry Lounge : LOVIN TOUCH in da quiet tyme Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 13
$$RICH$$ Quiet Poetry Lounge : Quiet love Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 14
N Black Entertainment : Quiet Storm...Best Love Songs Ever Made Black Entertainment 122
D Black Poetry : A Quiet Place To Rest Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
R Black Poetry : nothing this quiet can stay Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4