Aretha Franklin has been diagnosed with cancer. Keep her in your prayers

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
Recovering at home from her recent surgery, Aretha Franklin says she’s up and about – and feeling better, too.
“I feel great,” she tells
JET in a new interview, adding that doctors want her to recuperate for eight weeks. “The doctors say I can do whatever I feel like I am up to do. Of course, that doesn’t mean any concerts or anything like that. But I can do things around the house, and today I am just piddling around the house.”
The singer, 68, still has not revealed the nature of her ailment, though she’s been reported to have
pancreatic cancer. She promises the magazine that she will speak out on what’s ailing her soon. “I am putting Aretha together first,” she adds. “I will talk more later.”

RELATED: Aretha Franklin Is Home from the HospitalPatti LaBelle and Smokey Robinson, among other well-known names, and plenty of less recognizable ones, too.
“I might not remember everyone’s name right this moment,” she says, “but, please, I want them to know I appreciate

While recovering, Franklin says she’s received support from Stevie Wonder, Oprah Winfrey, Rev. Jesse Jackson, their prayers.” Add to those the prayers of her family, too, including family friend Willie Wilkerson, her sons, her niece Sabrina and her cousin Brenda.
“My family has been with me every step of the way,” she says. “I couldn’t have done it without them, that’s for sure.”
Since returning home from the hospital, the soul legend reveals that she’s been reading, catching up on faxes and relaxing. “I also might make one or two business calls,” she says. “Not too much, just a teeny bit God has given me the greatest gift already for the holidays. I am so grateful.”

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
candeesweet Black Poetry : Queen's soul doing Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Destee Black Ancestors : Sylvia Woods - Harlem's 'Queen of Soul Food' - Dies at 86 Honoring Black Ancestors 2
Isaiah Black Entertainment : LEELA JAMES: THE NEW QUEEN OF SOUL??? Black Entertainment 14
C Black Entertainment : Queen Latifa Does Jazz, Pop & Soul... Black Entertainment 1
Heartbeat Black Poetry : Me and Ree...The Queen of Soul Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
F Black Entertainment : Mystic blowing up the hip hop scene, she should be queen of soul Black Entertainment 0
R Black Poetry : She get teased worldly her boss let her leave early from work there's some flirt but dumb jerk keep her alert she's a queen right but she's not giving Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
OldSoul Black People : QUEEN SONO Official Trailer (2020) South African crime drama web television series Black People Open Forum 0
Kemetstry Black Entertainment : QUEEN AND SLIM Black Entertainment 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : Lena Waithe on new film (Queen & Slim): I hope Trump tweets about it Black Entertainment 0
R Black Poetry : Try be cool in high school **** she a true queen need a bamboo screen for her doorway but soar today in a mini-skirt with plenty flirt had fun in clas Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Fine1952 African American History Culture : Queen Tiye African American History Culture 0
Perfection Black People Politics : What were the political components surrounding the Queen of Heaven? Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : ‘Mary Queen of Scots’ Fact Check: Was Queen Elizabeth’s Ambassador Actually Black? Black Entertainment 0
Perfection Benin : In Context Series: Images of the Queen Mother in Benin Court Art Benin 2
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : Killer Queen Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Perfection Black People Politics : ▶Speaking of Black Women◀ The Role of the Queen Mother in Israelite Society Black People Politics 0
Perfection Black People Politics : ▶Speaking of Black Women◀Krobo Queen Mothers---Contemporary Female Traditional Authority in Ghana Black People Politics 0
Perfection Black Spirituality Religion : ❤The Honorable Queen Regina Boone Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
OldSoul Black People : Say Their Names Aloud - Queen Tswana Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Ancestors : Ancient Egypt Pyramid Belonged to a Powerful Queen Honoring Black Ancestors 2
R Black Poetry : scholar //In thinking, wow have to snap this dream now I'm on the rap scene SO BOO we at DAIRY QUEEN Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
IFE Black Positive People : 9-Year Old Queen Running Her Own Home-Based Line of Bath Products Black People Doing Positive Things 1
Kemetstry Law Forum : BLACK BEAUTY QUEEN ARRESTED AFTER ROAD RAGE BY COP Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Queen Offers To Restore British Rule Over United States Black People Politics 2
Chaya Chaim Black Poetry : She's a Queen Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Chaya Chaim Black People : The demonizing of true Madusa/North African Queen Black People Open Forum 3
Perfection Violaters / Violations : The Queen Enki thread Violators and Violations (Possible Ones) 8
Perfection Black Spirituality Religion : Enki was a Black Queen of the Ancient World Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 3
Liberty Black Women : Mammy, Jezebel, Sapphire, or Queen? Stereotypes of the African-American Female Black Women 139
Clyde C Coger Jr Egypt : Ancient Stone Depicting First Female Egyptian Pharaoh Queen Hatshepsut Discovered Egypt 1
OldSoul OldSoul : Njinga Rainha de Angola (NZINGA – QUEEN OF ANGOLA) OldSoul 3
OldSoul OldSoul : The Brazilian carnival queen deemed 'too black' OldSoul 3
Chaya Chaim Black Picture Image Gallery : King Solomon and Queen of Sheba Black Picture Image Gallery 5
Clyde C Coger Jr Egypt : Early Egyptian Queen Revealed in 5,000-Year-Old Hieroglyphs Egypt 2
Perfection Black Spirituality Religion : ❤The Honorable Queen Pearlie Golden Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 3
Perfection Black Spirituality Religion : The Honorable Queen Sister SoLove Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
Perfection Black Spirituality Religion : The Honorable Queen Frances Cress-Welsing Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Perfection Black Spirituality Religion : The Honorable Queen Dominique Worrell Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
Perfection Black Spirituality Religion : ❤ The Honorable Queen Latasha Harlins Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 7
Perfection Black Spirituality Religion : ❤ The Honorable Queen Sandra Bland Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 10
OldSoul OldSoul : NJINGA – QUEEN OF ANGOLA OldSoul 0
OldSoul OldSoul : Skylark - In Memory of Queen OldSoul 0
R Black Poetry : This one dude was a master at being groovy after Seeing a movie went for ice cream met a nice queen Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Kongolini Zulu Mau Black People : "QUEEN MOTHER...ORI MOMENT" Black People Open Forum 0
Frenemy Audio Video Web Conferencing : Media: 2Face - African Queen Remix [Official video] Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Short Stories : Nu Queen of Fashion Short Stories - Authors - Writing 0
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Short Stories : Nu Queen of Culinary Arts Short Stories - Authors - Writing 0
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Short Stories : Ah Wiser Queen Short Stories - Authors - Writing 4
Perfection Black Spirituality Religion : Monikers of Queen Angela Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0