Black Spirituality Religion : The Quality of our Fate depends on how we treat Black Women

Perfection

Aug 21, 2012
Welcome back yall. We’re taking this thesis to the next level. Also, as a reminder, please remember we’re collaborating one of our sub text categories from in the room A working definition of a “conscious” black man.

https://destee.com/threads/a-working-definition-of-a-“conscious”-black-man.91696/

When you have a moment, please go back and check out the groundwork we’ve been laying as we continue the present discussion.

So let’s kinda recap the theme we were considering in ‘A working definition of a “conscious” black man” room.

From the outset of the analysis, we present you, the researcher, with an image. One of the participants (Senegal) also presents powerful images as well (post # 4). The images will be discussed in detail at a later time, or, whenever someone chooses to discuss them at their leisure.

Next, we are speaking about 3 levels of awareness: 1) Insightful 2) Conscious and 3) Enlightened. All elements of the levels should be understood and accepted within "…a general African philosophy." (Senegal ; post # 8). At the present juncture, we have tentatively defined characteristics of only 1 & 2.

On the elements of a black man being conscious, although that mosaic is far from complete, I’mma be bold enough to say so far we all can agree (unless there’s an objection) there’s no way, absolutely none—with no exception— a black man can possibly be conscious if he’s calling our women bchs, bed wenches, hos and sluts.

And we don’t care who you are, right?

Doing so automatically and unequivocally disqualifies a black man from wearing the conscious title.

There are other words which may be included other than those so that list is not exhaustive and for the most part most of us can think of additional nasty words being said but the point being is that overall we kinda get the general idea regarding the forbidden labels as it relates to Black Women which are said by some black men.

To support that premise that you can’t be a conscious black man and call Black Women vitriolic names, we glean either general or specific applicable analysis from our esteem elders--- including a declaration by Dr. Wade Nobles which he says the black polity should be striving for: “High culture, deep thought.”

We are attempting to adopt elements to put us black men on notice that when you call Black Women bchs, hos, bed wenches, sluts and the like, you are hereby now not considered to be “conscious.” No reasonable person should find this behavior acceptable. Because, we are advancing, conscious black men don’t do that against any Black Woman. This is an easy conclusion to come to because doing so is not only unbelievably reckless but it’s not African and it’s not holistic and it does not comply with the ideas of love and respect for Black Women. We can’t force you to love her…but we should be able to force black men who are fixated on harming our Black Women to respect her, right?

As our attempts to further synthesize the data, our transition then moves to expediency. That is to say, because we seem to agree to not throwing the baby out with the bath water, so to speak, we can understand that there are a number of cases where some brothas are clearly not conscious, but yet they may be able to contribute on occasion some valuable information or even do noble things from time to time. If you’re drowning, do you really care who saves you?

Being non-conscious is not antithetical to doing occasional good deeds. Both can co-exist.

Perfection

Aug 21, 2012
I was thinking.

You know how you sometimes hear people saying how our black ancestors from times past have been reincarnated or manifested in someone else in the present time? They'll say something like "there's the new Malcom X or Martin Luther" or, they will say a brother is the new Marcus Garvey or one of our sisters may be given the honor of saying they have the spirt of Harriet Tubman.

But here's what I rarely hear from people on that subject.

I rarely hear people saying that some of the people (our ancestors) who despised themselves-- and by default despise black people-- have been resurrected in many of our modern day communities. You may hear them say they "act like" them but you rarely hear the actual re-incarnation. My understanding is the definition of ancestors does not equate to only those who we like or care to quote or those we love reading about in history.

Runaway slaves are indeed our ancestors. But so too are those slaves who enjoyed running with white masters to catch the runaway slaves.

If we believe in reincarnation or the passing of the spirits, I'm not familiar with any cosmic rules which only permit the runaway enslaved to visit us in the 21st century. Where is the spirit laws which prevent the enslaved blacks who enjoyed tormenting other enslaved, quote me a spiritual law which prevents them from being among us in the 21st century?

What stops them from emerging out of the cosmic wormhole of the past and into the 21st century so that they may continue their work?

In Boyce Watkins’ YouTube video entitled “Issa Raye’s character Doesn’t Use Condoms As Black Women Die From HIV” at the 6:53 mark you will hear these words:

“Yall may not know this…black women literally lead the f--king planet right now or at least lead the nation in new HIV infections. Did yall know that? Black women are number one on the list. It ain’t gay people. It ain’t men. It ain’t f--king one-legged midgets. It’s African American women leading the nation in HIV infection.” [Published YouTube September 10, 2018].

See, this is some Nasheed-Sotmyer shizzle but with a veneer of concern and using unnamed sources to show Black Women how come they so dirty. Don’t forget what we pointed out about Watkins. We pointed out that he’s slicker with his anti-Black Woman skills. He’s not raw and open like Nasheed and Sotmyer. As a habit, you won't hear him calling Black Women bchs, hos, sluts and bedwenches. Naw, he'll throw some "studies" and "stats" on you which basically says the same thing.

Am I saying HIV doesn’t plague some Black Women? Of course not, because it does. But it also plagues other races and genders as well. Watkins is not kicking facts…he spreading lies against Black Women because he has a problem with Black Women controlling their own peripheries.

And he never mentioned where he got his information from yet he gone say Black Women “literally lead the f--king planet” regarding HIV infections.

So what does this say, what is the subliminal message: “Eff, why would I wanna date a Black Woman when most of’em got HIV?”

This is more hatred being spewed against Black Women but wrapped in a silk ribbon.

Perfection

Aug 21, 2012
On the elements of a black man being conscious, although that mosaic is far from complete, I’mma be bold enough to say so far we all can agree (unless there’s an objection) there’s no way, absolutely none—with no exception— a black man can possibly be conscious if he’s calling our women bchs, bed wenches, hos and sluts.

Queenie

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
Bro. Perfection, hope you're doing well. I see this thread goes back a long way and maybe this has been addressed already, but in your words, what do you mean when you write "conscious" from a Black perspective? I'm wondering if it can mean different things to different people.

Perfection

Aug 21, 2012
Bro. Perfection, hope you're doing well. I see this thread goes back a long way and maybe this has been addressed already, but in your words, what do you mean when you write "conscious" from a Black perspective? I'm wondering if it can mean different things to different people.
Hello Queenie...I am very well...thank you. I do hope you are well too :heart:

I don't mind at all going back over a few things with you. I am so pleased it captured your interest.

I'm not sure exactly where you would like for you and I to begin because your question is a bit broad. And that's ok too but I don't wanna be long winded and not really get to what you're really asking.

May I ask if you could narrow it down some when you have a moment please? Thanks.

Queenie

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
Hello Queenie...I am very well...thank you. I do hope you are well too :heart:

I don't mind at all going back over a few things with you. I am so pleased it captured your interest.

I'm not sure exactly where you would like for you and I to begin because your question is a bit broad. And that's ok too but I don't wanna be long winded and not really get to what you're really asking.

May I ask if you could narrow it down some when you have a moment please? Thanks.
Hey Bro. @Perfection, yes, I will try to be more specific with the question I raised. You know, sometimes, when I read people's comments, I might make assumptions that I understand where you are coming from. But, for some reason, when I read your statement about Black men and consciousness, I paused. The reason for my pause was, I wondered whether everyone reading you automatically knew what you meant by it through some common understanding, or framed their reaction based on their own awareness which could be different for different people.

Hmmm...conscious Black men and their perception of Black women. :thinking:I guess my question is, how does a Black man become conscious and what is it about him that distinguishes him from a Black man who could call Black women by those names? Could a Black man argue that he could call Black women by those names and still think he is conscious? If you don't believe so, why not?

I know...more than one question but I hope this makes more sense. Let me know if it doesn't and I'll try again. :)

Perfection

Aug 21, 2012
Hmmm...conscious Black men and their perception of Black women. :thinking:I guess my question is, how does a Black man become conscious and what is it about him that distinguishes him from a Black man who could call Black women by those names? Could a Black man argue that he could call Black women by those names and still think he is conscious? If you don't believe so, why not?
Ok, I can work with this. Thank you for narrowing it down for me.

1) How does a black man become conscious?

2) What is it about the "conscious black man" that differs from those black men who put Black Women in the THOT club?

3) Could a black man call Black Women bchs, hoz and slughts and still "think he is conscious"?

Great questions!!

I suppose we should start with defining conscious so that the rest of the subject matter makes sense and can be easy to follow. African/black Consciousness is a multifaceted concept. Even so, when studied closely it is objective, not subjective.

Either you are, or you're not.

We're talking about black men being conscious or not as it relates to Black Women. Watch how simple this is Queenie. The first and basic level of consciousness for black men regarding Black Women is respect. He don't respect Black Women, he not conscious. Full stop....period.

I know, I know, I can hear onlookers anxious to catch me on "define respect." Doesn't have to be you're putting Black Women in the THOT club verbally. It could be physically. Beating or hitting on Black Women is not respect, therefore is not a conscious act.

To be conscious, let us see how you treat your Black sister, your Black motha, your Black grandmotha...your black neighbors (Black Women). Work at McDonalds? How you treat that Black Woman customer?

Something wrong with your cell service? You call your provider and get a Black Women who's not cooperative with you? How you treat her?

Consciousness for black men don't start with how many books you've read, knowing dates or knowing about black history month. Being conscious, for black men, starts with Black Women and moves out from there.

Are you with me so far Queenie? What are your thoughts? Objections? Agreements?

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

butterfly#1 wrote on Angela22's profile.
Absolutely!
Destee wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :love: :yaay: :kiss: :yaay: :love:
Love is Gonna Last!!
Destee wrote on One-Hundredd's profile.
@One-Hundredd and @Clyde C Coger Jr ... everyone can add images and video to their own albums (as well as other categories) by clicking the MEDIA link at the top of the page too ... using this link ... https://destee.com/media/ ... just click ... ADD NEW ... to add new images / videos ... Loving Us! Thanks to both of you! :heart:
Destee wrote on Ms Drea's profile.
Hi My Dear Darling Sister - I owe you a phone call. Don't give up on me. I Love You! :heart: