Black People : The Purpose of the Sista Spotlight

river

Watch Her Flow
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
Hey fambly.

One might ask what is the purpose of the sister spotlight. Isn't it enough to know that we are all one big happy family?

I am reminded of a story about a man who asked his father "Do you love me?" The father said "Yes, of course. I love all my children." The man said "That's not what I asked you. I said do you love ME."

Love is specific. Love doesn't love ALL. It loves EACH. ALL is the concept of love. EACH is the energy and action of love. I was inspired by brotha oldsoul who came into chat one day and said "Hi, All." Then I sensed him thinking about it and he said "Hi brotha Monetary. sista PurpleMoons, sista queen, brotha anAfrican , sista soulFAreal..." At that moment the energy begin to flow

When we take a shower we don't splatter soap in the general direction of our bodies. We painstakingly, lovingly make sure that every inch of our external being receives the massaging, cleansing touch of the washcloth. It's the same with a family which is nothing less than a body.

Some groups believe in tearing each other down. Oh she thinks too highly of herself. I'd better bust her bubble. If you belong to such a group your turn will come to have your bubble busted. The sistas at Destee believe in lifting one another up and shining a spotlight on each one, highlighting her accomplishments, strength and beauty.

Every sista is invited to join us on Monday for a night of fellowship and education facilitated by sista watzinaname. This week the SPOTLIGHT shines on sista Yemoja's Goddess

http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=47972

watzinaname

Oct 4, 2003
Northeast
Sister river, reading your words just gave me pause, you so overstand the purpose. Since we reside under this umbrella of love, fostering unity, why not take each and every opportunity to sing each other's praises? Makes perfect sense to me. And as I am posting my thoughts within each Sister Spotlight thread, the warmth that I feel will be felt by that sister when she reads my comments.
Just takes a moment to type some uplifting words. Now go on...you'll feel so good spreading that positivity. :)

info-moetry

STAFF
STAFF
Dec 20, 2004
The rotten Apple
Occupation
A+ technician
peace and power to all of our beautiful sisters......

the Universe entrusted you with it's inner most secret, the womb which is more powerful than an atomic bomb!

Know what you posess & don't deal with a man if he don't know........

Power Equality, you are the Universes reflection!

:bowdown:

queentswana

Jan 24, 2004
Brick City
Occupation
day care provider (own business)
River,
Your beauty and shine ...never cease to amaze me. I truly under/overstand you completely, as well as agree. Sister chat is a "First" step ...yet a big one. Once we are able to tear down the walls that was build for us NOT to climb, we will then have taken that GIANT step back into OUR UNIVERSE!

I give great props to Watzinaname :toast: for her continued effort to make that possible.
Beautiful write up River
Much luv to ya

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Black Women : Soul Sista - Live On Purpose Black Women 2
Queenie African American History Culture : Diving with A Purpose African American History Culture 2
1ldvirtue Black Poetry : We are purpose Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
B Black Spirituality Religion : Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, philosophical/religious facts, Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
I Destee Network : Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, philosophical/religious facts, Destee Network : 0
R Black Poetry : he believe in a circus but willing to achieve his purpose try feast and read then increase my speed Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
N Black Atheists : Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, philosophical/religious facts, Atheist Study Group 1
C Black Spirituality Religion : Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, philosophical/religious facts, Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
jamesfrmphilly Black Positive People : black-fashion-with-purpose-and-passion Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Bishop Black Poetry : My Purpose Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
chuck Black People Politics : PLEASE LET'S DO RETURN TO OUR ORIGINAL INTENT AND PURPOSE! Black People Politics 2
GodlywoodGirl Black Spirituality Religion : Today's Daily Devotional for Women - Your PURPOSE is CERTAIN Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 4
GodlywoodGirl Black Spirituality Religion : Today's Daily Devotional for Women - You will SOAR with PURPOSE Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
W Science and Technology : Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, philosophical/religious facts, Science and Technology 1
imhotep06 Black People : PRE-ORDER: Where is the love? How Language Can Reorient Us Back to Love’s Purpose Black People Open Forum 0
KingSango Black People : The malicious purpose of Civil Rights leadership. Black People Open Forum 5
Blackbird Black Spirituality Religion : What Is The Purpose of Trying to Disprove Christianity? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 300
KaHotep Black People : Names of Purpose: Book of Shayheh Black People Open Forum 0
chuck Black People : What Is Your Intent and Purpose? Black People Open Forum 0
Gorilla Computers - Software Hardware : The Coming War on General Purpose Computation Science and Technology 0
Ankhur Black People : To Find Someones Focus or Purpose for Being Here, Check the Archives in the Search function Black People Open Forum 1
Omowale Jabali Omowale Jabali : What is your Purpose? Omowale Jabali 85
Ankhur Black People : Today's Principle is Nia; Purpose Black People Open Forum 2
emanuel goodman Black People : The symbolism and purpose of Denver airport Black People Open Forum 17
Shikamaru Black Money Business Jobs : What is the purpose of investing? Black Money Business Jobs 8
cherryblossom Black Women : The Poet Of Purpose Black Women 2
chuck Black People : The Original Intent And Purpose Was (Or Is)? Black People Open Forum 27
R Black Poetry : One Purpose Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Ankhur Black People : Today is NIA/ Purpose Black People Open Forum 6
R Black Poetry : Adapt to Purpose Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
asimplepoet Black Poetry : Nia (Purpose) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
Knowledge Seed Black People : The Purpose and Being of this Community Black People Open Forum 29
Jahari Kavi Black Entertainment : Algebra Blessett - Purpose Black Entertainment 5
T Black People : PURPOSE! Black People Open Forum 0
Metaverse Black Relationships : Relation SHIP: The Poetry of Purpose. Black Relationships 12
T Black People : Racism Non~Anonymous: Mission and Purpose Black People Open Forum 0
queentswana Quiet Poetry Lounge : Have a Good Day, on Purpose!! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
M Metu Neter - Vols I - II - III : Purpose of Metu Neter: Metu Neter - Vols I - II - III Study Group 165
PatriceCQueen Black People : Abstinence for the purpose of preservation Black People Open Forum 0
G Black Poetry : Untitled (on purpose) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
dattaswami1 Black Spirituality Religion : Purpose of human life Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 8
W Black People : Purpose Black People Open Forum 4
P Black Spirituality Religion : The Kemetic Story of Creation and its' Purpose Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 12
HODEE Black Poetry : I woke you on purpose Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 13
R Black Education / Schools : What is the Purpose of Modern Higher Education..... Black Education / Schools 53
daroc Black People : purpose of HBCU's? Black People Open Forum 7
KWABENA Black People : WHAT IS THE TRUE PURPOSE OF VALENTINE'S DAY? Black People Open Forum 17
Y Black People : What is the purpose of Education? Black People Open Forum 8
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : The True Meaning And Purpose Of A Leader Chief Elder Osiris 0
KWABENA Black People : WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE POLICE BLOTTER IN THE NEWSPAPER? Black People Open Forum 5