Black Muslims : The Prophet[S] said:

noor100

Aug 17, 2010
Importance of Learning Good Manners

Imaam Maalik ibn Anas (May Allah have mercy upon him) said to a youth from the Quraysh:

"Oh nephew, learn good mannerisms before you learn the knowledge."

(Taken from Al-Jaami' fee Ahkaam wa Aadaab As-Sibyaan/al-Hilyah 6/330)

Abdullaah ibn Mubaarak (May Allaah be pleased with him) said:

"Learn the knowledge for one month and the good mannerisms for two months."
[meaning it takes more time to learn good manners]

(Taken from Al-Jaami' fee Ahkaam wa Aadaab As-Sibyaan/Mu'jam al-Udabaa 1/56)

The Importance of Manners

...Abu Darda' reported thatthe Prophet of Allah, upon him be peace, said,

"Nothing is weightier on the Scale of Deeds than one's good manners."

Bukhari's Book of Manners #271, Abu Dawud, Tirmidhi, Ahmad, and Ibn Hibban.
Abu Huraira, r.a., said,

"I heard Abu al Qasim (the Prophet), say, 'The best among you in Islam are those with the best manners, so long as they develop a sense of understanding.' "

Bukhari's Book of Manners #286 and Ahmad
The Prophet (saaws) said:

"The most beloved of Allah's servants to Allah are those with the best manners."

At-Tabaraanee collected it, and Albani authenticated it in Silsilatul-AHaadeethis-Saheehah (#432).
... 'Abd Allah ibn 'Amr said,

"The Prophet of Allah was never obscene or coarse. Rather, he used to tell us that the best among us were those with the best manners."

Sahih Bukhari, Muslim, and Tirmidhi
... Anas said,​

"I served the Prophet of Allah for ten years. During that time, he never once said to me as much as 'Oof' if I did something wrong. He never asked me, if I had failed to do something, 'Why did you not do it?,' and he never said to me, if I had done something wrong, 'Why did you do it?' "

Sahih Bukhari, Muslim and Ahmad
... Abu Huraira, r.a., said thatthe Prophet of Allah said,

"If one has good manners, one may attain the same level of merit as those who spend their nights in prayer."

Bukhari's Book of Manners # 285, Hakim, and Abu Dawud
... Abu Hurairah reported thatthe Prophet of Allah said,

"And what is most likely to send people to Paradise? Being conscious of Allah and good manners."

Bukhari's Book of Manners # 290, Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah, and Ahmad
... Nawas ibn Sam'an reported

that the Prophet of Allah was asked about doing good and evil. He replied, "Doing good is having good manners. Doing evil is what troubles you inside and what you would not like others to know about."

Bukhari's Book of Manners # 296, Muslim, Tirmidhi, Darimi, Abu 'Awanah, Hakim, and Ibn Hibban.
The Prophet of Allah said,

"He who does not show mercy to our young or show esteem for our elders is not one of us."

Bukhari's Book of Manners #360, Abu Dawud, Tirmidhi, and Hakim

noor100

Aug 17, 2010
I asked you for food and you fed Me not

Allah (mighty and sublime be He) will say on the Day of Resurrection:

"O son of Adam, I fell ill and you visited Me not. He will say: O Lord, and how should I visit You when You are the Lord of the worlds? He will say: Did you not know that My servant So-and-so had fallen ill and you visited him not? Did you not know that had you visited him you would have found Me with him? O son of Adam, I asked you for food and you fed Me not. He will say: O Lord, and how should I feed You when You are the Lord of the worlds? He will say: Did you not know that My servant So-and-so asked you for food and you fed him not? Did you not know that had you fed him you would surely have found that (the reward for doing so) with Me? O son of Adam, I asked you to give Me to drink and you gave Me not to drink. He will say: O Lord, how should I give You to drink when You are the Lord of the worlds? He will say: My servant So-and-so asked you to give him to drink and you gave him not to drink. Had you given him to drink you would have surely found that with Me!" Source: Sahih Muslim.

noor100

Aug 17, 2010
Narrated Anas:
The Prophet said, "None of you will have faith till he wishes for his (Muslim) brother what he likes for himself."

noor100

Aug 17, 2010
On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said that Allah the Almighty said:
There are three (1) whose adversary I shall be on the Day of Resurrection: a man who has given his word by Me and has broken it; a man who has sold a free man (2) and has consumed the price; and a man who has hired a workman, has exacted his due in full from him and has not given him his wage.

noor100

Aug 17, 2010
It is reported that the Prophet (SAWS) said:

من نفس عن مؤمن كربة من كرب الدنيا، نفس الله عنه كربة من كرب يوم القيامة . ومن يسر على معسر، يسر الله عليه في الدنيا والآخرة . ومن ستر مسلما، ستره الله في الدنيا والآخر. والله في عون العبد ما كان العبد في عون أخيه . ومن سلك طريقا يلتمس فيه علما، سهل الله له به طريقا إلى الجنة . وما اجتمع قوم في بيت من بيوت الله ، يتلون كتاب الله ، ويتدارسونه بينهم، إلا نزلت عليهم السكينة ، وغشيتهم الرحمة وحفتهم الملائكة، وذكرهم الله فيمن عنده . ومن بطأ به عمله ، لم يسرع به نسبه .

He who alleviates the suffering of a brother out of the sufferings of the world, Allah would alleviate his suffering from the sufferings of the Day of Resurrection,

and he who finds relief for one who is hard pressed, Allah would make things easy for him in the Hereafter,

and he who conceals (the faults) of a Muslim, Allah would conceal his faults in the world and in the Hereafter.

Allah comes to the aid of a servant so long as the servant comes to the aid of his brother,

and he who treads the path in search of knowledge, Allah would make a path to Paradise easy for him,

and those persons who assemble in the house among the houses of Allah (mosques) and recite the Book of Allah and learn and teach the Qur'an (among themselves) there will descend upon them the tranquility and mercy would cover them and the angels will surround them and Allah makes a mention of them in the presence of those near Him, and he who is slow-paced in doing good deeds, his genealogy does not make him go ahead

noor100

Aug 17, 2010
The Prophet Muhammad, Salla-llahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (peace be upon him), said "woman are the sisters of men" (hadith narrated by Nisa'ee) . Being the sister of man she constitutes half the society (of mankind). She is the wife, the mother, and the daughter. Ibn Umar narrated that Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said: "Life of this world is but provisions and the best of provisions is the righteous woman".

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Ms Drea wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sister,
Miss you so much I hope all is well with you and yours!!
Love and Blessings!! :heart: :heart:
Implementation and Sustainment
You can skip rocks across water but if you're not building yourself up rock solid, you'll drown under pressure.
11-5-19✍
Fireman wrote on Queenie's profile.
Hi, Queenie. Love your posts. Even though I don't you, you must be some kind of remarkable and lovely person. Lets keep in touch.
It's okay to admire otherz, but first, love self. ELEVATE your self-image by having a healthy love & respect for yourself. ✍