Jails / Prisons : The Prison Industry in the United States: Big Business or a New Form of Slavery?

HODEE

Jul 2, 2003
( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
Occupation
(RF) Technician
We wouldn't have this as A Topic.
If it all wasn't SO. True !
So who knows the $$$,$$$ return on investments of the process. Last I knew everyone institutionalize. Makes the system not including. All the States benefits of office furniture. Police car maintenance and uniform making. All the way into all the other crafts they perform for minimalist wages the prisoners are payed. On their Back of Free Labor.
Roughly.. Over { $100,000 } per prisoner. Last I heard. I'll come back on updates.

CulturalActivity

Nov 12, 2019
Occupation
Student
The Prison Industry in the United States: Big Business or a New Form of Slavery?

By Vicky Pelaez
Global Research, March 31, 2014

Human rights organizations, as well as political and social ones, are condemning what they are calling a new form of inhumane exploitation in the United States, where they say a prison population of up to 2 million – mostly Black and Hispanic – are working for various industries for a pittance. For the tycoons who have invested in the prison industry, it has been like finding a pot of gold. They don’t have to worry about strikes or paying unemployment insurance, vacations or comp time. All of their workers are full-time, and never arrive late or are absent because of family problems; moreover, if they don’t like the pay of 25 cents an hour and refuse to work, they are locked up in isolation cells.

Click Here To Read More

:heart:

Destee
Human rights psychiatrist have revealed that when put in an oppressive and mentally stagnant environment most prisoners will agree to participate in any program to escape that crypt.

frankster

Aug 3, 2014
The Prison Industrial Complex is both a new form of slavery and big business but even more nefarious is that it is an institution or crucible that indoctrinate within its inmates certain and specific ways and attitudes as how to live and then they are release into the community of black youth to teach and pass on this cultural indoctrination of underdevelopment among the youth wherein the gravitate to and adopt habits and behaviors that are counter productive and degenerate.

This is true for the vast majority of ex con but not true in every case, they are exceptional individuals that rise above the prison mentality of depravity.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Moved back to the Borough of my birth...Queens New York...Originally from SouthSide but now I live in Far Rockaway.
Yummy0 wrote on jamesfrmphilly's profile.
Hello to you dear, how are you doing ?
Yummy0 wrote on 1poetsought's profile.
Yummy0 wrote on chuck's profile.
Yummy0 wrote on jamesfrmphilly's profile.