Nigeria : The Pain of Mothers In Nigeria

dunwiddat

Sep 17, 2012
These are my thoughts 100%! Which is why I have a file with nothing BUT good happenings in Africa. Concerned people get so depressed at times when they read nothing but dire, hateful things going on in the motherland, so I've compiled a file of articles from African newspapers about the good things we rarely to never hear about.

For instance, you speak of Rwanda and the ethnic cleansing/genocide that went on there 20 years ago. I was looking at a PBS (Public Broadcast Service) program and had my heart ripped out at the personal suffering of those who lived to tell the tale are undergoing as we speak. To see all your friends burned alive in a schoolhouse, and survive, or your parents and siblings murdered by your b/f's father, your formerly friendly neighbors, and survive.... at age 5.... and then to be shunted among other survivors, some who use you as a private maid.... and none who love you....:10800:

Well, because there no "whites" involved, unlike with South Africa where the Truth and Reconciliation Commission was broadcast around the world, we don't hear about Rwanda's "truth and reconciliation" with your fellow BLACK Rwandan government-sponsored commission. I am so in awe of those people you cannot imagine! They showed a woman who went through the commission's program whose husband was murdered before her eyes, whose children were slaughtered, who was raped by her neighbors and contracted AIDS from one.... who now takes a pregnant neighbor woman to her doctor appointments, cleans her house when she's feeling unwell, helps with her children, is the guardian angel of the family of the man who murdered her husband and slaughtered her children.

And she's not the only one.....

Rwanda's commission not only lets the murderers say "I'm sorry," but they give counseling and assistance to the survivors AND to the perps. Like the aforementioned woman, they help the survivors to "forgive." And if they can't forgive (they have group sessions), to tolerate their family's murderers who live among them and get on with the business of rebuilding a life. These are some of the most beautiful human beings you'd ever be lucky enough to meet (and I have to say this because I was just struck by it, watching - the Rwandan women are among the most physically beautiful women on the continent). They still have their problems, but they are moving forward and in directions that are hard, but fruitful (with the government's insistence upon a "national" identity - and the people's approval - Rwanda seems poised to be the first country in sub-Sahara Africa to be rid of tribalism).

I think we in the diaspora should know these things, news about the continent that the media does not publish.
Well, because there no "whites" involved, unlike with South Africa where the Truth and Reconciliation Commission was broadcast around the world, we don't hear about Rwanda's "truth and reconciliation" with your fellow BLACK Rwandan government-sponsored commission.

On February 28, 1994, the scope of NATO involvement in Bosnia increased dramatically. In an incident near Banja Luka, NATO fighters operating under Deny Flight shot down four Serb jets. This was the first combat operation in the history of NATO and opened the door for a steadily growing NATO role in Bosnia.[6] In April, the role of NATO airpower continued to grow during a Serb attack on Goražde. In response, NATO launched its first close air support mission on April 10, 1994, bombing several Serb targets at the request of UN commanders.[7] NATO launched several other limited air strikes throughout the year, acting in coordination with the United Nations. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Rwanda genocide: UN ashamed, says Ban Ki-moon - BBC

The UN stood idly by and allowed the slaughter of so many in Rwanda....all I can do is SMH. It seems that when blacks folks are destroying themselves...the world could not care. Kofi Annan (an African) as UN Secretary General during the years to my mind has done nothing for Africa during his time in office.

After the Bosnian war people came to the USA, England and Canada with the help of the government and the CHURCH....and were granted opportunities to live and work there with their families.

Contrast those who are fleeing Africa for a better life
Lampedusa's boat people: One man's story - CNN.com

Sahara desert deaths: Niger migrants, mainly children, die ...

Australia has so much land space and a policy of encouraging immigrants regardless of nationality it seems only Asians take advantage of the opportunities to emigrate there. (Perhaps there is the obvious reason) Blacks from African do not risk their lives going there. Imagine white Australians were criminals and pimps that England released to that continent.

The western world do not want black folks in their countries. They have raped Africa and continue to do so. During the Apartheid regime, they could not care less...they were getting their gold and precious stones from the hard labour of Africans....
CHILDREN AS YOUNG AS 7 YEARS WHO SHOULD BE IN SCHOOL... WORKING IN THE MINES.
Not one of the western countries agitated for the release of Nelson Mandela. Black folks need to realise that they cannot depend on white people. History has shown that they DO NOT CARE.

Rwandans are wonderful people.

Rwanda: Forgiving My Parents' Killer, Outlook - BBC World .

dunwiddat

Sep 17, 2012
Kadijah I like the idea of having a file on the positive things happening in Africa. This has given me an idea...Thanks.:)

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Moved back to the Borough of my birth...Queens New York...Originally from SouthSide but now I live in Far Rockaway.
Yummy0 wrote on jamesfrmphilly's profile.
Hello to you dear, how are you doing ?
Yummy0 wrote on 1poetsought's profile.
Yummy0 wrote on chuck's profile.
Yummy0 wrote on jamesfrmphilly's profile.