Nigeria : The Pain of Mothers In Nigeria

Kadijah

Banned
Apr 7, 2013
They even have "Big Brother" (TV program):

Big Brother Africa Back on the Screens - J Cole ('Can't get enough') to perform launch night

AFRICA'S most reality TV show, Big Brother Africa, returns to the screens this Sunday, bigger and better.

The DStv super-series, this year named StarGame, is certainly going to provide more of entertainment, romance, action, suspense and drama that the series is famous for as it will see the "doubling up" of contestants entering the series with partners and a single winner walking away with US$300 000 prize money.

The Big Brother house, a character in its own right, returns studded with 53 cameras and 120 microphones. Once again, the house features a bold new design in line with the theme of the series.

This week producers provided a sneak peek into Biggie's revamped hideaway, and it's a contrasting combination of retro fusion and glittering glam all the way. From the look of things, there are two contradictory styles at play leading to the question . . . what's Biggie up to now?

Kadijah

Banned
Apr 7, 2013
We've got a girl, 14 graduating from college; Zimbabwe has a girl (14) enroll at the University of Zimbabwe

A 14-YEAR-OLD girl who took just two years to complete her Ordinary Level is to become the University of Zimbabwe’s youngest student ever. Orphaned Maud Chifamba — born to a poor family in the Hunters Resettlement area of Kwekwe — sat three subjects at Advanced Level last December and scored 12 points.

Now she has been admitted at the University of Zimbabwe to study for an accounting degree.

Maud’s unique talent earned her a US$9,933 scholarship from the Zimbabwe Revenue Authority Chairman’s Charity Fund.

She told the ZBC: “It’s only God who saw me through what some people might think is abnormal.”

She lost her dad aged just five, and days after she sat her exams last December, her mum also died.

Her brother, Gilbert, said his sister had pulled off the astonishing feat through sheer commitment and discipline. So determined to succeed, he said, they feared she would go mad.

“We thought she would just lose her mind on the way, but she stood the test of time. We hope God will continue to lead her,” he said.

Maud sat the Grade 7 exam at the age of 10 after teachers decided to make her skip some Grades due to her astonishing progress.

When she got to O-Level, her school allowed her to skip two Forms — turning a four-year programme into two. Now she stands on the verge of fulfilling her dream of earning a degree and finding work to lift her siblings and relatives from biting poverty. — New Zimbabwean.
And it goes on and on and on. The Motherland is bowed, but neither she nor her peoples are broken. Keep the faith, baby! :10200:

dunwiddat

Sep 17, 2012
Not when Rwanda is ranked MORE politically stable than China and India by the World Bank:
I know that but my point was to show WHAT happened in 1994. Rwanda has suffered so much but they are showing the world that they overcome adversity . Kadijah I believe the positive things that are happening in African should be highlighted...but the black media will have to do it. Very seldom do we hear of the good that is going on in Africa, we cannot rely on the white western media, since it suits their purpose to just report bad news. There is more to Africa than Boko Horam..

Thanks for this information.

Kadijah

Banned
Apr 7, 2013
I know that but my point was to show WHAT happened in 1994. Rwanda has suffered so much but they are showing the world that they overcome adversity . Kadijah I believe the positive things that are happening in African should be highlighted...but the black media will have to do it. Very seldom do we hear of the good that is going on in Africa, we cannot rely on the white western media, since it suits their purpose to just report bad news. There is more to Africa than Boko Horam..

Thanks for this information.

These are my thoughts 100%! Which is why I have a file with nothing BUT good happenings in Africa. Concerned people get so depressed at times when they read nothing but dire, hateful things going on in the motherland, so I've compiled a file of articles from African newspapers about the good things we rarely to never hear about.

For instance, you speak of Rwanda and the ethnic cleansing/genocide that went on there 20 years ago. I was looking at a PBS (Public Broadcast Service) program and had my heart ripped out at the personal suffering of those who lived to tell the tale are undergoing as we speak. To see all your friends burned alive in a schoolhouse, and survive, or your parents and siblings murdered by your b/f's father, your formerly friendly neighbors, and survive.... at age 5.... and then to be shunted among other survivors, some who use you as a private maid.... and none who love you....:10800:

Well, because there are no "whites" involved, unlike with South Africa where the Truth and Reconciliation Commission was broadcast around the world, we don't hear about Rwanda's "truth and reconciliation" with your fellow BLACK Rwandan government-sponsored commission. I am so in awe of those people you cannot imagine! They showed a woman who went through the commission's program whose husband was murdered before her eyes, whose children were slaughtered, who was raped by her neighbors and contracted AIDS from one.... who now takes a pregnant neighbor woman to her doctor appointments, cleans her house when she's feeling unwell, helps with her children, is the guardian angel of the family of the man who murdered her husband and slaughtered her children.

And she's not the only one.....

Rwanda's commission not only lets the murderers say "I'm sorry," but they give counseling and assistance to the survivors AND to the perps. Like the aforementioned woman, they help the survivors to "forgive." And if they can't forgive (they have group sessions), to tolerate their family's murderers who live among them and get on with the business of rebuilding a life. These are some of the most beautiful human beings you'd ever be lucky enough to meet (and I have to say this because I was just struck by it, watching - the Rwandan women are among the most physically beautiful women on the continent). They still have their problems, but they are moving forward and in directions that are hard, but fruitful (with the government's insistence upon a "national" identity - and the people's approval - Rwanda seems poised to be the first country in sub-Sahara Africa to be rid of tribalism).

I think we in the diaspora should know these things, news about the continent that the media does not publish.

JuneBugg

Jul 29, 2002
These are my thoughts 100%! Which is why I have a file with nothing BUT good happenings in Africa. Concerned people get so depressed at times when they read nothing but dire, hateful things going on in the motherland, so I've compiled a file of articles from African newspapers about the good things we rarely to never hear about.

For instance, you speak of Rwanda and the ethnic cleansing/genocide that went on there 20 years ago. I was looking at a PBS (Public Broadcast Service) program and had my heart ripped out at the personal suffering of those who lived to tell the tale are undergoing as we speak. To see all your friends burned alive in a schoolhouse, and survive, or your parents and siblings murdered by your b/f's father, your formerly friendly neighbors, and survive.... at age 5.... and then to be shunted among other survivors, some who use you as a private maid.... and none who love you....:10800:

Well, because there no "whites" involved, unlike with South Africa where the Truth and Reconciliation Commission was broadcast around the world, we don't hear about Rwanda's "truth and reconciliation" with your fellow BLACK Rwandan government-sponsored commission. I am so in awe of those people you cannot imagine! They showed a woman who went through the commission's program whose husband was murdered before her eyes, whose children were slaughtered, who was raped by her neighbors and contracted AIDS from one.... who now takes a pregnant neighbor woman to her doctor appointments, cleans her house when she's feeling unwell, helps with her children, is the guardian angel of the family of the man who murdered her husband and slaughtered her children.

And she's not the only one.....

Rwanda's commission not only lets the murderers say "I'm sorry," but they give counseling and assistance to the survivors AND to the perps. Like the aforementioned woman, they help the survivors to "forgive." And if they can't forgive (they have group sessions), to tolerate their family's murderers who live among them and get on with the business of rebuilding a life. These are some of the most beautiful human beings you'd ever be lucky enough to meet (and I have to say this because I was just struck by it, watching - the Rwandan women are among the most physically beautiful women on the continent). They still have their problems, but they are moving forward and in directions that are hard, but fruitful (with the government's insistence upon a "national" identity - and the people's approval - Rwanda seems poised to be the first country in sub-Sahara Africa to be rid of tribalism).

I think we in the diaspora should know these things, news about the continent that the media does not publish.
Rwanda have more women that entered politics to helped with the recovery. I think there should be a balance of men and women in politics world wide, we think differently, we react different, we hold some issues sacred that are not the same. We balance one another.

Lets face it, men have brought these catastrophic problems and its because there are not enough women involved. They fill in where we are short and we fill in where they are short, we need each other for balance.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Moved back to the Borough of my birth...Queens New York...Originally from SouthSide but now I live in Far Rockaway.
Yummy0 wrote on jamesfrmphilly's profile.
Hello to you dear, how are you doing ?
Yummy0 wrote on 1poetsought's profile.
Yummy0 wrote on chuck's profile.
Yummy0 wrote on jamesfrmphilly's profile.