Brother AACOOLDRE : The Ntty Gritty foundation of the Greek name Luke

AACOOLDRE

Jul 26, 2001
Michigan
Occupation
Teacher
The Ntty Gritty foundation of the Greek name Luke

By Andre Austin

Luke is a Greek word of Loukas named after an ancient city Lucania, Italy.

I went to Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucania) and they report:

Etymology

There are several hypotheses on the origin of the name Lucania, inhabited by Lucani, an Osco-Samnite population from central Italy. Lucania might be derived from Greek λευκός, leukos meaning "white", cognate of Latin lux ("light"). According to another hypothesis, Lucania might be derived from Latin word lucus meaning "sacred wood" (cognate of lucere), or from Greek λύκος, lykos meaning "wolf".

The first hypotheses was in line and in tune with my understanding of the Lukewarm church of Laodicea was spiritual blind in need of salve for their eyes was using Loukas/Luke as a pun for Leukomas= a dense white opacity in the cornea of the eye.

Loukas would be an acceptable pun because the sound of loukas is “Lookas”.

If you went to ancient Egypt and asked for a deity with white opacity (Obscurity) to the eyes in their mythology the legend of Tefnut placing white clouds over the eye (sun) of Ra would immediately pop out.

The root word of Tefnut was spit and Lukewarm is spit out.

We can also consult the Oxford dictionary linking leuke with 1.League, 2.Luke and 3.Lion. Tefnut was symbolized as Lion headed.

I don’t see how Christendom got away with classifying Lukewarm as drinking water instead of a metaphor for balanced eyesight. And if we dig into the Egyptian Literature when Horus and satan battle it out each wining for 12 hours Satan swallows up Horus light (eye/sun) then spits it out and it then restores to its health/balance. This follows the same format in Rev chapter 3.

Notes:

The Maronite’s who were before the Catholics, wrote an epistle to Laodicea saying they were doing good deeds and keep looking for judgement day. This was written around the same time the Book of Revelations was. The Catholics attempted to give it a late date to “try” to discredit it.

To have eyes of flame was a Hot-temper. The Egyptians and Greeks considered Health to be a balance between the Hot & Cold. Good eyesight was a protection from the Hot & Cold.

Luke was a Doctor and I lean toward him being a mythological eye doctor writing down what eye witnesses saw.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
river Pan Africanism : When the Nitty Gets Down to the Gritty African American History Culture 1
C Black People : An Afrika Afrikan Reparation/Repatriation Liberation Foundation Black People Open Forum 1
Perfection Black People Politics : ├ѕтυdιeѕ in Ƀlack/₳frican ℒanguage┤The Spiritual and Philosophical Foundation for African Languages Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : Thomas Jefferson Owned Hundreds of Slaves—Now a Black Woman Will Run His Foundation African American History Culture 0
candeesweet Black Poetry : Foundation Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Djedefre African American History Culture : Can someone explain to me why the Greeks are considered the foundation of Western Civilization African American History Culture 15
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Egypt: the foundation of medicine AACOOLDRE 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Biography of Josephus Matthias: foundation of NT AACOOLDRE 0
Breakthrough Black People : The Foundation in Goal Setting Black People Open Forum 8
Kemetstry Black Positive People : La June Montgomery Tabron - SISTER NAMED HEAD OF KELLOGG FOUNDATION Black People Doing Positive Things 0
cherryblossom Black Money Business Jobs : Patrick Gatson: President, Western Union Foundation Black Money Business Jobs 0
cherryblossom Black Positive People : The Kanu Heart Foundation Black People Doing Positive Things 8
bobbie Health and Wellness : oily skin with foundation? Black Health and Wellness 2
Gorilla Computers - Software Hardware : Electronic Frontier Foundation - Surveillance Self-Defense Science and Technology 0
cherryblossom Black Positive People : Dreamville Foundation - J. Cole Black People Doing Positive Things 2
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Secret Societies Religious Foundation of Operation Black People Open Forum 11
nevar Black People : Starting a foundation please help! Black People Open Forum 3
skuderjaymes Black People : What industries should make up the foundation of a new black economy? Black People Open Forum 56
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : FOUNDATION FRINZY Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Zulile Black Positive People : Reginald F. Lewis Foundation Black People Doing Positive Things 1
dattaswami1 Black Spirituality Religion : Knowledge is the basic foundation, above which the walls of devotion have to raise Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
dattaswami1 Black Spirituality Religion : Knowledge is the basic foundation, above which the walls of devotion have to raise Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
B Black Entertainment : Did you hear about Mya's Art Foundation? Black Entertainment 0
C Black Education / Schools : Lagrant Foundation Undergraduate and Graduate Scholarships -- Deadline: 2/28/07 Black Education / Schools 0
AHMOSE Destee Network : the Ifa Foundation of North America Destee Network : 10
Isaiah Africa : AFRICAN CHILEANS FOUNDATION All Things Africa 2
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Magic:Foundation of religion AACOOLDRE 0
ASHANTA Black Poetry : Foundation of the Living Dead Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1