Black People : The Myth of Domestic Violence?

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
Is society more lenient an accepting of this type of abuse when it comes from a female!

The most recent large-scale study of DV was conducted by Center for Disease Control Prevention researchers and publiched in the American Journal of Public Health.

The study, which surveyed 11,000 men and women, found that according to both men's and women's accounts, 50 percent of the violence in their relationships was reciprocal( involving both parties).

(In those cases, the women were more likely to have been the first to strike)

Moreover, when violence was one-sided, both women and men said that women were the perpetrators about 70 percent of the time.

DV researcher Deborah Capaldi, Ph.D., a social scientist at the Oregon Social Learning Center, told the conference that the most dangerous DV scenario for women is that of reciprocal violence, particularly if that violence is initiated by women.

The best way for many women to be safe is to not initiate violence against their male partners.

So let me reinterate Is society more lenient to women when they initiate a DV situation. Even on television when a woman hits a man its considered comedy but if a man hits a woman its considered a tradgedy! IMO shouldn't it be equal which means violence is violence no matter what gender someone is?

Last edited:

Ankhur

Oct 4, 2009
Brooklyn
Occupation
owner of various real estate concerns
Is society more lenient an accepting of this type of abuse when it comes from a female!

The most recent large-scale study of DV was conducted by Center for Disease Control Prevention researchers and publiched in the American Journal of Public Health.

The study, which surveyed 11,000 men and women, found that according to both men's and women's accounts, 50 percent of the violence in their relationships was reciprocal( involving both parties).

(In those cases, the women were more likely to have been the first to strike)

Moreover, when violence was one-sided, both women and men said that women were the perpetrators about 70 percent of the time.

DV researcher Deborah Capaldi, Ph.D., a social scientist at the Oregon Social Learning Center, told the conference that the most dangerous DV scenario for women is that of reciprocal violence, particularly if that violence is initiated by women.

The best way for many women to be safe is to not initiate violence against their male partners.

So let me reinterate Is society more lenient to women when they initiate a DV situation. Even on television when a woman hits a man its considered comedy but if a man hits a woman its considered a tradgedy! IMO shouldn't it be equal which means violence is violence no matter what gender someone is?

no it is not equal

no long drawn out disertation or cut and [paste from a vast number of sociologists,
just plain common sense

and common descency

blkbutterfly41

Banned
Oct 25, 2009
Sorry hun. But it is what it is. I would not condone women hitting men. But if I slap a man. And he punches me back. It's not equal damage..........................Feel me ??

lmao There will always be a double standard. You want equal punishment when the damage is unequal ?? Again, I don't think people should ever have a reason to hit each other.

Ok.................... Let's take a look at the Rihanna and Chris brown incident. ( I really don't get into hollywood junk but it's fitting ) Now, There is no doubt in my mind that Rihanna provoked him. She made have even pushed him or slapped him. For the sake of argument, lets say she did. But when he retialated take a look at the damage done. So even if she provoked him, He was dead wrong. What if he pushed her and she hit her head and died ??

Women KNOW how to push a mans buttons. We know what to say to get the response we want. Violence should never be tolerated. Regardless who is doing the hitting. But we have to teach these young men to walk away from toxic relationships period. If a woman can provoke him into hitting her. Thats trouble that he can control and should control and never to return to the relationship.

I taught my son the same thing. Never put your hands on a woman and I don't care how big her mouth is. If she provokes you, If she pushes you, walk away and you will be a fool to return. ( What's happening is the MEN are RETURNING TO THESE TOXIC RELATIONSHIPS !!! )

The character of a woman is known. Nothing is hidden. You have a drama filled chick, Leave !!!

btw: You are killing me, here, Kem. You can blame the black woman all day and night, But you're the poster boy for "Don't pick on the new white girl, Regardess how she disrespect the black women. "

Come on , Mayne !!! lmao The blame game don't work. We are responsible and accountable for ourselves and the decisions we make.

In the state of SC , they had the new law for domestic violence in the home. So when the cops was called they automatically removed the man. Now, for the brothers that had civil service jobs that an over night stay in jail jeopardized their jobs. If a woman even threaten to called the cops . They were gone. Never to return to the relationship.

The 911 calls for domestic violence trippled in just 4 months.

They changed that law quick. Now, for domestic violence calls. If they come out both parties go to jail.

Guess what ?? The 911 calls for domestic violence dropped 85 %.

Women get over only If the man allow them to get over.

awo dino

Sep 11, 2009
in florida for now
Occupation
carpenter, anthropologist, teacher. Right now I te
A "Man" would never allow a woman, or anyone else for that matter, make him lose control of his emotions. If i woop somebody, it's 'cause I want to, not because i lost control. but before i was a man (20 years old), i did one time hit my girl on the top of the head with her shoe. i lost control. it was a learning moment. when my wife starts with her Latina drama, i leave the house.

DARKSIDE MAGICK

Mar 16, 2008
THE UNDERWORLD
Occupation
SORCERER
THANATOS

MY THINKING IS WHAT TYPE OF ENERGY IS COMING OFF A MAN TO EVEN ALLOW A WOMAN TO EVER THINK TO HIT A MAN. MAYBE THE MAN NEED TO LOOK AT THEMSELVES

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : 'African Gene Theory' Is a Myth, and It's Harming Black Men's Heart Health Black Health and Wellness 0
Fine1952 Black Spirituality Religion : Amazon Women: The Truth Behind The Greek Myth Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 3
Hamma Africa : excerpt from sacredtexts.com under the African (religion,myth section found there) All Things Africa 5
Vhedza1 Africa : Africa's Black Elite and The Anti-Colonial Mass Struggle Myth All Things Africa 0
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : The Myth Was $150,000 in Fraud. The Real Story Is More Interesting African American History Culture 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : Scientific Proof Is A Myth Science and Technology 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Food Discussion : Coconut oil's health benefits are a myth — here's what you should buy instead Food Discussion and Recipes 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor Just Obliterated the Bootstrap Myth Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : New Harriet Tubman visitors center in Maryland looks at abolitionist's life, myth free African American History Culture 1
Liberty Law Forum : Exposing the Myth of “Black on Black Crime Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
Al D Black Spirituality Religion : Jesus Christ-The Creation Of A Myth Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : A Closer Look At Police Killings This Year Debunks A Big Myth About Community Violence Black People Politics 0
TruthHitman Black Spirituality Religion : The Virgin BIRTH MYTH Theory Exposed Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
RAPTOR Black People : Liberals, Trojan Horses and the Myth of Police-Community Relations Black People Open Forum 0
NyneElementz Black Men : The MYTH of the Absent Black Father. That's right...MYTH!! Black Men 2
Kemetstry Black People : THE MYTH OF BLACK ON BLACK CRIME Black People Open Forum 24
John Williams Black Women : Sisters, is this true or a myth...? Black Women 8
willa Black Spirituality Religion : Hmmm...So the Bible is a myth? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 275
Corvo Black People : Myth in History Black People Open Forum 0
Alarm Clock Haiti : Haiti “Pain Rush”: The Myth of White Superiority, Poverty Pimping NGOs and US Humanitarian Occupatio Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 0
MsInterpret Black Women : Woman's Intuition: Myth or Reality? Black Women 5
Keita Kenyatta Black People : The Lookout Notre Dame professor tackles ‘myth’ of Christian martyrdom Black People Open Forum 0
Fine1952 Black Spirituality Religion : "Pagan Origins Of The Christ Myth" Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Fine1952 Black Spirituality Religion : Catholic Church 'Now' Says Adam/Eve A Myth Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 151
Keita Kenyatta Black People : (REFUTING MISSIONARIES): PART 1: THE MYTH OF THE HISTORICAL JESUS Black People Open Forum 2
S Black People : Trayvon Martin & the Myth of the Criminal Black Man Black People Open Forum 4
ManicRaider Black Spirituality Religion : Why is the Greek Pantheon considered myth? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 21
Keita Kenyatta Black People : The Myth of the Jewish ‘Race’ Black People Open Forum 0
skuderjaymes Black People : AFRICVILLE: Last stop on the underground railroad.. smashing the myth of the benevolent Canadian. Black People Open Forum 7
Ankhur Black Events : First Americans Speak about the Myth of Thanksgiving now WBAI Black Events 2
skuderjaymes Black People : Slave Sermons (Episode 4) "The Myth of a Moral America" Black People Open Forum 2
OldSoul OldSoul : Putting an Antebellum Myth to Rest OldSoul 3
Fine1952 Black Spirituality Religion : Paradise Myth Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 3
Fine1952 Black Spirituality Religion : The Paradise Myth Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Knowledge Seed Black Relationships : The Myth of Educated/Successful Black Women Black Relationships 5
RAPTOR South Africa : THE MYTH OF THE MAHATMA: M.K. GANDHI IN SOUTH AFRICA South Africa 1
C Black Relationships : Challenging the myth that sisters don't want blue collar brothers Black Relationships 21
Keita Kenyatta Egypt : Christianity is a Egyptian Myth - Horus, Isis, Mary, Jesus, God, Osiris Egypt 87
Kemetstry Black Relationships : ADDRESSING THE MYTH OF FATHERLESS HOMES Black Relationships 408
Ankhur Black Spirituality Religion : Are we Spiritualy Mature enough to let go of Dogma and myth? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 7
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : The Myth About The Path we Must Travel To Freedom Independence And Justice Chief Elder Osiris 0
A Black People : The Myth of the Black Curse Black People Open Forum 20
cherryblossom Black Poetry : A Myth Of Love Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 13
tyab14 Africa : Islam, Colourism and the Myth of Black African Slave Traders All Things Africa 35
Omowale Jabali Omowale Jabali : Light Beings Myth or Reality? Omowale Jabali 130
tyab14 Black People : Flying Africans? Myth or Reality Black People Open Forum 11
S Black People : WILLIE LYNCH SPEECH MYTH Black People Open Forum 8
Omowale Jabali Omowale Jabali : Perspectives on "The Myth of White Supremacy" Omowale Jabali 1
Sekhemu Africa : The Myth of the Black African Slave Trade All Things Africa 9
T Black Spirituality Religion : The Truth about the Jesus Myth Part 1 - 6 Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0