Pan Africanism : The Massai demand their land back from the British!

panafrica

Aug 24, 2002
The Diaspora
In a case which can possibly establish legal precident for African land claims against European nations. The Maasai of Kenya are demanding compensation from the British on land, which was leased to them in 1904 (the terms of the lease was for 100 years). Unlike many land claims, which Europeans deny, apparently the Maasai has a copy of the treaty this claim was based on. Hopefully this will lead to other Africans being able to reclaim their property or obtain compensation from Europeans without controversy (such as that which happened in Zimbabwe) Here is a link to the article:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/3563718.stm

Emeka

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
panafrica said:
In a case which can possible establish legal precident for African land claims against European nations. The Maasai of Kenya are demanding compensation from the British on land which was leased to them in 1904 (the terms of the lease was for 100 years). Unlike many land claims which Europeans deny, apparently the Maasai has a copy of the treaty this claim was based on. Hopefully this will lead to other Africans being able to reclaim their property without controversy (such as that which happened in Zimbabwe) Here is a link to the article:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/3563718.stm

Pan, whilst I agree with the Maasai people 100%; I think they are living in fantasy if they think they're going to get the their land back! This is the British we're dealing with here...the master colonialist power. Whilst other European nations may have surpassed the British in cruelty (namely the Belgians, Portuguese and Spanish), none come even close to the British Empire in terms of duplicity, perfidy, and sheer foxiness. If any nation knows how to sell a good lie...it's the British.

I can't believe that these guys (the Maasai) honestly believe that if they take the British to court they'll get their land back! I would fall off my chair and roll over laughing, if the situation wasn't so sad and infuriating. Pan, I don't care if the Maasai were able to get Sir Donald Stewart to come back from the grave and testify that he got the Maasai to sign that hundred year lease, it's not gonna make any difference. Do they actually believe that the British respect stupid worthless documents, which they used to seize the lands of the people they conquered? Do the Maasai really believe that the nation, which gave native American Indians and Australian Aborigines small pox laced blankets; the nation that amassed the largest wealth from the Atlantic slave trade (apart from the U.S); caused most of the worlds conflicts (through their partition of indigenous peoples lands); colonized one fifth of the worlds lands and one quarter of its population; and perfected the art of divide and conquer...is going to grant them they're land back based on some agreement they made a century ago? If so, I have some beautiful water-front properties in the middle of Colorado, which I think they'll be interested in. Thanx.

Emeka

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
panafrica said:
You are probably right Chuk...still this one is worth watching!

Yeah Pan, its worth watching VERY closely indeed. It'll be a good lesson to teach us what happens when Black people put their faith in the words, laws and benevolence of other people, which is what we do time and time again. It's almost as if nothing will get us to stop believing in the words of the White man; not even slavery, colonialism, segregation, apartheid and neo-colonialism. What's it gonna to take for us to learn? Why do we continue to put are trust in people who despise and hate us?

That's why I'm a lot more angry with the Maasai than I am with the British. The British are evil liars and so I can not fault them for being true to themselves. However, the Maasai people already know what the British are like, yet they choose to trust them completely. They haven't learnt from all those rapes, which occurred (and still continue) at the hands of British soldiers. They haven't learned from the national catastrophe, which befell them when they were forced off their lands. They haven't learnt from Zimbabwe about the true nature of the British. WHEN will they learn!!!

This case is relevant to us here in the U.S because it should teach us Black people never to place any confidence in the government of this country. After all the Americans are of the same blood as the British (America is currently being trained in the arts of colonialism by the British). We all know that the U.S government is very adapt at cover ups, treachery and down right lying! Yet we still go on believing that this country is going to accept us into its mainstream society; that we are not still slaves; that Affirmative Action actually makes a difference to the lives of Black people; that integrating schools actually ended segregation; that putting a few Black faces on the boards of corporation and as heads of government agencies will really change our condition; and that electing God-knows how many Black people in to political office will mean that we will gain any significant power in the country. Thanx.

Emeka

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
You see Pan, this is EXACTLY what I was talking about! The Kenyan government has just rejected the claims of the Maasai to their lands and has made void the lease, which was signed a hundred years ago. No doubt the British are behind this decision…the Kenyan government is just a cats paws being used to hide the influence of the true rulers of the country.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/3570656.stm

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Black People : IF YOU DON'T ASK/DEMAND, YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE... Black People Open Forum 2
HODEE Black People Politics : SIGN THE PETITION: Demand Congress implement vote-by-mail for all Americans! Black People Politics 2
C Black People : Civil Rights Require Inclusion In America, Freedom Demand Rejecting America!!! Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : 44,000 Catholic Women Demand Answers From Pope Francis Over Sex Abuse Crisis Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
Bboanerge Black People : Let young Blacks know!...guess what ON DEMAND is showing right now, free?!! Black People Open Forum 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Africa : 54 African states demand apology - Donald Trump walks back comment on 's---hole countries' All Things Africa 3
chuck Black People Politics : Always Ask: Never Demand! Black People Politics 3
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : black dems-demand hillary-clinton-spend money on down ballot races Black People Politics 0
Liberty Law Forum : U.S. Department of Justice Petition Gains 500K Signatures, Heads to D.C. to Demand Police Reform Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 5
Chidike Black People : #BlackExcellence - Pics of Beautiful Black Models Goes Viral, Demand for Kente Inspired Bikinis Rise Black People Open Forum 0
Liberty Black Entertainment : You Can Now Watch Spike Lee's 'Chi-Raq' in Your Living Room on Digital HD + On Demand Black Entertainment 15
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Education / Schools : Million Student March Protesters Demand Tuition-Free College and Debt Cancellation Black Education / Schools 5
KPITRL Black Entertainment : Activists Demand Apology From Actress Daniele Watts Over LAPD Accusations Black Entertainment 3
Alarm Clock Black People : Afro Mexicans Demand end to Coverup of Malcolm Shabbaz Assasination Black People Open Forum 98
chuck Black People : Sometimes We Don't Just Ask: We Demand Props! Black People Open Forum 7
chuck Black People : 'Power Only Responds To A Demand!' Fred Douglass Black People Open Forum 2
E Black People Politics : Demand A Real Plan to End Gun Violence Black People Politics 17
Keita Kenyatta Jails / Prisons : Private Prison Company To Demand 90% Occupancy Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 6
river Black People : Do You Think Japan Will Demand Payment? Black People Open Forum 6
Ankhur Black People : NOI demand a Real Investigation and Justice in the Greenwood, Miss. Horror Black People Open Forum 0
Ankhur Black Spirituality Religion : Do your Gods demand service to them? or service to the community? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Ankhur Black People : After wars in Pakistan, Afghanistan, iraq, Engineers demand 9/11 investigation Black People Open Forum 1
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Why Should The Black Slave Descendant Make A Demand For Reparations? Chief Elder Osiris 0
Metaverse Black People : We Demand A Chocolate City. Black People Open Forum 8
queentswana Audio Video Web Conferencing : BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND!! IT'S KARAOKE TIME Audio Video Web Conferencing 8
G Black People : Who said Black Reparations was a "new" idea/demand? "When Will We Get Paid"? Black People Open Forum 0
R Black Money Business Jobs : Healthcare Medical Nurse Recruiter Career Are In Demand- Will Train Black Money Business Jobs 1
P Black Sports : Back by popular demand: Boxing downloads Black Sports 3
B Black People : SHOULD BLACK WOMEN DEMAND MORE FROM BLACK MEN? Black People Open Forum 45
D Black People : Why do we still demand apologies? Black People Open Forum 3
M Black Poetry : I stand mean like a plan or theme and demand extreme// Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
P Kenya : Kenyan MPs demand land seizures Kenya 0
I Black People : Black Tribunal Upholds Reparations Demand Black People Open Forum 0
Queenie Black People : Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender: Demand for Civil Rights & Equal Opportunity Black People Open Forum 31
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : 19 Black families purchase 96 acres of land to create a 'safe haven' for Black people Black People Doing Positive Things 3
imhotep06 Black People : Kemet doesn't mean black-land or black-people Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr South Africa : Russian influence comes in to land in Africa South Africa 1
Perfection South Africa : In Context Series: South Africa's Land Reform Crisis: Eliminating the Legacy of Apartheid South Africa 0
Perfection Kenya : In Context Series: The Kenya Land Commission and the Kikuyu of Kiambu Kenya 0
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : Sugar Land Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : North Carolina court writes Assata Shakur $15G check as land deal compensation Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : Most scientists now reject the idea that the first Americans came by land Science and Technology 3
IFE Black Positive People : Georgia Twins Land $900k in Scholarships Black People Doing Positive Things 1
Destee Namibia : Namibia's government considering seizing land from foreign and white owners Namibia 0
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : jacob-zuma-calls-for-confiscation-of-white-land Black People Politics 0
Destee Kenya : Rebecca Lolosoli founded Umoja Village - The Land of No Men : Inside Kenya's Women-Only Village Kenya 0
crwn Black People : While Some Of Us Are In Fantasy Land Black People Open Forum 5
Al D Namibia : Is Namibia Getting Ready To Take Back Its Land From White Settlers? Namibia 2
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : A Roman Slant in the gospels: No land for the Jews??? AACOOLDRE 1
$$RICH$$ Black Education / Schools : School Ghetto Award land teacher in hot water Black Education / Schools 0