Amun-Ra : The Lynched

Amun-Ra

Feb 15, 2001
Dallas
Occupation
Sales Management
New Post Coming Re: Lynching

I have an extensive list of blacks who were murdered in the Old South and the New South, including recent actions by various hate groups etc. The interesting thing that I have learned is that white women were frequently banished from the community for consorting with Negroes, especially men, and they were often killed outright--usually shot--by their loving husbands. The list of Black women who were lynched was not as great but it is no less devastating. I will do an article on this next week just to show that if you were not a white male--you were not safe and even some of them were hanged along with their slaves for consorting. The Indians, Mexicans and certain English castes were also lynched and murdered solely on physical makeup. Will have this out next week.. Ra

:p

Thandiwe

Mar 30, 2001
Minnesota
Jesse Washington

This past August while i was in TN, we visited the Black Civil Rights Museum in Memphis. This museum is the hotel where Dr. Martin Luther King was assassinated.

I saw a newspaper clipping that hit rather close to home for me.

In 1916, Jesse Washington hanged and burned right under Mayor Dollin's office window. The mayor expressed outrage. He was concerned about the tree being destroyed.

The reason this tough home for me. My family is from Waco. At the time of this crime, my grandmother would have been 11- 12 years old. I had never heard of any stories from my relatives. So I was quite surprised to see Waco recorded on the walls of the museum. i only thought of Waco being in recent news.

Yes Ra, this has touched every state in the US.

Kitana

Aug 17, 2001
under the sun
Not sure..

if you have already read this information, but if you haven't, you might be interested in reading about...

Ida B. Wells-Barnett..african-american journalist, suffragist and anti-lynching crusader..
also
Reverend Emanuel K Love..1st African Baptist Church, Savannah, Georgia..and his speech from November 5th, 1893..

K

Amun-Ra

Feb 15, 2001
Dallas
Occupation
Sales Management
I Will

Great! I am always intersted in learning something new. Thanks for the information. I greatly appreciate it.

Amun-Ra

:cool:

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Amun-Ra said:
I have an extensive list of blacks who were murdered in the Old South and the New South, including recent actions by various hate groups etc. The interesting thing that I have learned is that white women were frequently banished from the community for consorting with Negroes, especially men, and they were often killed outright--usually shot--by their loving husbands. The list of Black women who were lynched was not as great but it is no less devastating. I will do an article on this next week just to show that if you were not a white male--you were not safe and even some of them were hanged along with their slaves for consorting. The Indians, Mexicans and certain English castes were also lynched and murdered solely on physical makeup. Will have this out next week.. Ra

:p
Hi Brother Amun-Ra :wave:

Did you ever do this additional article?

This topic is currently being discussed in the Honoring Our Ancestors Forum, in this thread: STRANGE FRUIT:IN HONOR OF OUR ANCESTORS LYNCHED IN AMERIKKKA... , started by Brother Isaiah.

Just sharing.

:heart:

Destee

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

We want to make this website the last destination for people who wish to the right product for their needs. Regardless of whether it be a new gaming keyboard, baby product, trendy fashion, monitors and or workstation gadgets, you will consider our unbiased reviews on only beasts.com the essential guide to understanding your choices.
https://only-beasts.com
Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.