Black People : The Indian Slave Owner

spicybrown

Oct 21, 2005
We need to keep in mind that some NA tribes that were rumored to have harbored slaves, actually lived in peace with Black slaves. The illusion of a slave/master relationship is what kept many white slave owners at bay.

Blaklioness

Oct 30, 2005
Interesting...It's probably not likely they owned at the level of whites, but if the mulattoes/free blacks owned slaves, then Indian slave owners may not be such a stretch; the term "Five Civilized Tribes" was supposedly granted to them because they were known to have adapted the ways of the whites. Do you feel they would take such a facade to the level of staging a fake rebellion? I remember Jewel Pookrum making a remark in one of her speeches (have to locate it) about the Indians, and, at the time, I found it an odd comment. I can't speak to what she meant, but, at any rate, a red flag went up that has remained in the back of my mind, so I'll keep digging to find out.

We need to keep in mind that some NA tribes that were rumored to have harbored slaves, actually lived in peace with Black slaves. The illusion of a slave/master relationship is what kept many white slave owners at bay.

Blaklioness

Oct 30, 2005
What is the difference between the two terms?...maybe I'm mixing them up. How are a Dalit and a Dravidian person distinguished?

I dont know if i am Dalit since i grew up in america, but i am dravdian of southern India, who are original darker people of india

Indian

Apr 13, 2011
What is the difference between the two terms?...maybe I'm mixing them up. How are a Dalit and a Dravidian person distinguished?
well they are basically the same thing, but Dalit is more of a religious term and Dravdian is more of a racial term, almost all Dalits are dravidians, so yeah basically means the same thing.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Moved back to the Borough of my birth...Queens New York...Originally from SouthSide but now I live in Far Rockaway.
Yummy0 wrote on jamesfrmphilly's profile.
Hello to you dear, how are you doing ?
Yummy0 wrote on 1poetsought's profile.
Yummy0 wrote on chuck's profile.
Yummy0 wrote on jamesfrmphilly's profile.