Black Muslims : The Holy Qu'ran

abdurratln

Feb 27, 2007
So, far, we have Picking up the pace slightly, let us cover the final two words in Ayat96.1. These are allathee khalaqa خَلَقَ ٱلَّذِى meaning “who Craeted”, allathee= who, khalaq=created. Reading from right to left, we have Alif(ٱ)a modified by ‘ =a. The next letters are lam (ـلـ‎ )=”l”. Then come Tha (ـذ‎ )=th, modified by ,. Notice that the th modifuied by , sounds like more like “ze”, than “thi”.

The gaf (قـ‎) is the first letter the final word, reading from right to left. The two dots above قـ‎ are rendered as a one straight line as in -. The is Alif again followed by fa (ـف‎). (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabic_alphabet)
We gone letter by letter through Ayat 96:1. It means “Read in the name of thy Lord who Created.

Ayat 96:2, begins with the final word of Ayat 96:1: خَلَقَ. خَلَقَ is transliterated as al-insanna which we take to mean mankind and the min l word is min (مِنۡ ) which we taken to mean “from”. The last word is alaqin (عَلَقٍ )which mean a “clot of blood” sometimes translated as an “embryo”. So far we have “Read in the name of thy Lord who Created. Created man from an embryo.”
Ayat 96:3 begins by saying “Read”. “And, thy Lord (is most “generous” sometimes most “bountiful” and similar words ((ٱلۡأَكۡرَمُ)).

Let us discuss what we have so far. Allah has sent the Angel Gabriel to tell Muhammad (Peace and Blessings be upon him) to read. We know from history that Muhammad was an illiterate man having been orphaned at age 6 and adopted raised by an African slave girl. So he grew up under the conditions of slavery although he was biologically of noble heritage. So, how could an illiterate man read?

The angel tells him to read and GOD will reward. I do not say that Muhammad alone will be rewarded. He will be rewarded, but we all will be rewarded through him. All mankind will benefit as Muhammad first learns to read and then to read.

Here we must note that the word ٱقۡرَأۡ is often translated as “recite”. So, we are not talking about reading in silence. We are talking about reading aloud so that others who may be illiterate can hear what you are reading. Islam is very, very collective in its essence, not individualistic. It is meant for all of us, not any one individual.

Next, we will begin to learn that Reading is the first step towards ending ignorance and the beginning of Enlightment which is an essential step in the Civilization of Humanity, especially Africans who have been enslaved and dehumanized. Where we have acted as sub-humans in the past, we will begin to act as GOD intended us to act: human beings, civilized human beings with dignity, self-respect and worthy to be called GOD’s Creation.

Now, let us discuss our thoughts before moving on into Surah 96:4.

abdurratln

Feb 27, 2007
Whoa!....Now, that's quite a lesson for today! (lol)

Cuz now, I'm a little confused......If the important thing is the "consonants," not the vowels, then how could "Abdul" be translated into "Abdir" or "Abdur?"

I can kinda see the "Abdel" because it has the same ending consonant, "L."

What I mean is that the important thing is the root word which is abd. Generally, I sisgn my correspondnce with Abd. Abd means slave. So Abdurrahman means Slave of GOD. By wiriting it as Abdurrahman, it forces the anglophile to call me Me Slave instead of calling me Mr. GOD.

To calrify further, in some dialects and especially in some scripts the Lam or "l" is modified by the first letter of the next word. In the case of Abdur Rahman, what would have been a Lam is shown as an a Ra, or "r" because the next letter is a Ra. In Surah Al-Tawba, for instance, we may some times see Surah At-Tawba (http://www.quranexplorer.com/Quran/Default.aspx). In Surah Al-Nas, we often see Suran An Nas (http://www.quranexplorer.com/Quran/Default.aspx) As far as I can tell, the transliterator has a lot of discretion as to how to do this. So, do not worry about it too much right now. As you become more familiar with Arabic script, it will all come naturally to you.

cherryblossom

Feb 28, 2009
What I mean is that the important thing is the root word which is abd. Generally, I sisgn my correspondnce with Abd. Abd means slave. So Abdurrahman means Slave of GOD. By wiriting it as Abdurrahman, it forces the anglophile to call me Me Slave instead of calling me Mr. GOD.
Ahhh!...It's the consonants in the ROOT of the prefix, not at the suffix!...NOW the light is on for me! Thank you, sincerely.

To calrify further, in some dialects and especially in some scripts the Lam or "l" is modified by the first letter of the next word. In the case of Abdur Rahman, what would have been a Lam is shown as an a Ra, or "r" because the next letter is a Ra. In Surah Al-Tawba, for instance, we may some times see Surah At-Tawba (http://www.quranexplorer.com/Quran/Default.aspx). In Surah Al-Nas, we often see Suran An Nas (http://www.quranexplorer.com/Quran/Default.aspx) As far as I can tell, the transliterator has a lot of discretion as to how to do this. So, do not worry about it too much right now. As you become more familiar with Arabic script, it will all come naturally to you.
Whew!....You give some serious "HOMEWORK," dontcha! (lol)

Just kidding...but I will look over that as soon as possible. :toast:

abdurratln

Feb 27, 2007
Ahhh!...It's the consonants in the ROOT of the prefix, not at the suffix!...NOW the light is on for me! Thank you, sincerely.

Whew!....You give some serious "HOMEWORK," dontcha! (lol)

Just kidding...but I will look over that as soon as possible. :toast:
Thank youi for the feedback. It makes my work much more easy when people let me know what they are dealing with here.

Let me go one step further with your issue. Believe me, it will all become easy and clear to you as you go alone. I do not want to see you struggle the way I had to when I first started.

There is a lot of anti-Islamic propaganda floating around pertaining to the word abd which means slave. So, as much as you can learn as tio its true meaning, the better.

The word is abd. It usually appears as عَبۡدًا. Reading from right to left, notice that the first letter is Ayn (عَ). The Ba (ب) has the medial form. But we can recognize it by the dot below it. The Dhal (ذ‎) is in the final form. That spells slave in Arabic.

I spell my name thusly: Abdur. However, to spell it as Abd-ur would be equally correct. As I said earlier the Ra assume is due to modification of the next word which is Rahman. But, the ur is derived from "A" and "L", Alif Lam in Arabic. It is an article that we use for "the". Therefore, you will ofetn see it as Abd-al. In egypt, it would appear as Abd-el. Now the the Alif as assumed the shape and sound of an "e" is English! But, it all means the same thing, Alif Lam. So, His Excellency Abdel-Nasser's name would appear as shown. In other countries the same name may appear as Abd-al-Nasser. Get the picture.There are amny ways to write it in Arabic. But, it is all the same word. Alif Lam has been the most difficult thing for me to undersatnd, personally. And, it has been the most difficult thing for others to put into simple enough language for me to understand. But, it all comes to you with time and practice. The further we go up the hill, the further we can see. That principle is key to learnig GOD's Message to Mankind.

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.
Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss: