Food Discussion : The Egg and its Shell

Kitana

Aug 17, 2001
under the sun
Thandiwe

the part between the yolk and the white of an egg is not sperm (or an embryo) it's a special protein called CHALAZAE, which is there to act as a shock absorber to stop the yolk from breaking..

K:)

Kitana

Aug 17, 2001
under the sun
j'hiah

I cracked open every egg I had in the house, I stole every egg I could find off my neighbours, I raided every chicken coop I saw and I cracked every single egg open and the only black dot I saw was the one in my own eyes from cracking open and looking at all those **** eggs:D

are you positive the black dot was IN the egg...

K

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
:lol: @ Kitana ... gurl you are too krazee ... i surely appreciate this though 'cause i aint got no eggs ta just be break'n open look'n for a black dot J'hiah said he saw ... :lol:

go 'head wit yo' bad self ... shock absorber 'eh ? :thanks:

:heart:

Destee

Kitana

Aug 17, 2001
under the sun
Shery

blood spots in an egg are red as a rule not black (you see a lot of eggs like these when you have your own hens)....so unless J'hiah is seeing the wrong colour, then he must be talking about something else...:x:

I had a look at both your links and there sure is a lot of information on the humble little egg on there....

K

Thandiwe

Mar 30, 2001
Minnesota
:D:D:D at this thread. never knew so much conversation could go about the eggs.

thanks for that Kitana. i never thought it was sperm but couldn't explain it to the woman either. in fact, i started taking the little "shock absorber" out of my eggs. i had never noticed or paid much attention to the little white slimy part UNTIL the woman put it in my mind.

and i glad the black spot is not staandard. i was about to think my eggs or defected. LOL!

Kitana, i hope you made omelets and/or quiche, french toast with all those broken eggs.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

I'll be honest. I like black culture forums, so I've signed up for this one, BX, and Lipstick Alley. I won't post too often, only on things that I'm really interested in. Nice to meet you. :)
Ms Drea wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sister,
Miss you so much I hope all is well with you and yours!!
Love and Blessings!! :heart: :heart:
Implementation and Sustainment
You can skip rocks across water but if you're not building yourself up rock solid, you'll drown under pressure.
11-5-19✍
Fireman wrote on Queenie's profile.
Hi, Queenie. Love your posts. Even though I don't you, you must be some kind of remarkable and lovely person. Lets keep in touch.