Food Discussion : The Egg and its Shell

Kitana

Aug 17, 2001
under the sun
Thandiwe

the part between the yolk and the white of an egg is not sperm (or an embryo) it's a special protein called CHALAZAE, which is there to act as a shock absorber to stop the yolk from breaking..

K:)

Kitana

Aug 17, 2001
under the sun
j'hiah

I cracked open every egg I had in the house, I stole every egg I could find off my neighbours, I raided every chicken coop I saw and I cracked every single egg open and the only black dot I saw was the one in my own eyes from cracking open and looking at all those **** eggs:D

are you positive the black dot was IN the egg...

K

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
:lol: @ Kitana ... gurl you are too krazee ... i surely appreciate this though 'cause i aint got no eggs ta just be break'n open look'n for a black dot J'hiah said he saw ... :lol:

go 'head wit yo' bad self ... shock absorber 'eh ? :thanks:

:heart:

Destee

Kitana

Aug 17, 2001
under the sun
Shery

blood spots in an egg are red as a rule not black (you see a lot of eggs like these when you have your own hens)....so unless J'hiah is seeing the wrong colour, then he must be talking about something else...:x:

I had a look at both your links and there sure is a lot of information on the humble little egg on there....

K

Thandiwe

Mar 30, 2001
Minnesota
:D:D:D at this thread. never knew so much conversation could go about the eggs.

thanks for that Kitana. i never thought it was sperm but couldn't explain it to the woman either. in fact, i started taking the little "shock absorber" out of my eggs. i had never noticed or paid much attention to the little white slimy part UNTIL the woman put it in my mind.

and i glad the black spot is not staandard. i was about to think my eggs or defected. LOL!

Kitana, i hope you made omelets and/or quiche, french toast with all those broken eggs.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Ms Drea wrote on Kemetstry's profile.
Brother Kem.. Marva Collins passed June 24, 2015
Sister Destee how have you been? It's been a while but I'm glad to be back. I see many changes so I'll browse around to get my feel of things again
sekou kasimu wrote on Destee's profile.
Jambo! I deleted a post that was a duplication. Both were deleted!!! Can you find it and repost it for me? I put a lot of work into it!
Destee wrote on shaka64's profile.
Hi Brother shaka64 ... Welcome Home! :heart:
Destee, my Sister!! I am sending you greetings with love from a rainy and relentless overcast Michigan! But you continue to bring sunshine into my life and for that I am eternally grateful! I LOVE the new look and features in the community. I hope you're enjoying your best life. Love and peace...:heart: