Black People : The Dutch are slowly recognizing that their blackface tradition of Zwarte Piet is racist and weird

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Revision,

The Dutch are slowly recognizing that their blackface tradition of Zwarte Piet is racist and weird

Over multiple years now, WorldViews has run stories about the problematic Dutch tradition of Zwarte Piet. Around Christmastime, myriad Dutch adults and children have customarily donned frilly wigs, patted themselves in blackface, painted their lips red and japed around in costumes as "Black Pete," the dark-skinned helpers of Sinterklaas, or Saint Nicholas ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...tradition-of-zwarte-piet-is-racist-and-weird/

imrs.php

In 2013, a "Zwarte Piet," or "Black Pete," jokes with children after arriving with Sinterklaas, or Saint Nicholas, by steamboat in Hoorn, Netherlands. Protests and demonstrations from minority groups have rocked such celebrations in recent years in Dutch cities. (Peter Dejong/AP)

Fine1952

The Age of Aquarius
PREMIUM MEMBER
Sep 27, 2005
USA
Occupation
Healthcare Provider
Eye enjoyed reading this piece. Eye always thought the Dutch were ignorant

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
The Dutch have got to be within the top three global practicing racist to date.

1. Castilian Spanish
2. Italians
3. Dutch Boers

The actual list is quite long & distinguished but these are the top three. Number's 1 & 2 hate everything Black but the Dutch Boers have a particular hate for the indigenous African natives who they call Kaffirs.

Right, Right ... and don't leave out the Portuguese, Williams laid full blame for our demise on them as well:

51ot5RqI4PL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Last edited:

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
I had both Castilian Spanish & Portuguese interns on my team & the Castilian's seemed somewhat aloof but amicable since they were vying for employment, the Ports as we called them seemed to be like in their own world, not mean or nasty, just didn't talk unless they had to.

https://en.wikpedia.org/wiki/Portuguese_people

Thank you that's good to know.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
OldSoul Black People : Excerpt from The Double Dutch Divas! Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Food Discussion : Did the Dutch "steal" this African food? Food Discussion and Recipes 6
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : Dutch must end "Black Pete" racial stereotypes: U.N. body Black People Open Forum 0
Aluku African American History Culture : 664 Slave deliberately drowned by Dutch Captain African American History Culture 0
cherryblossom Audio Video Web Conferencing : Frankie Smith - Double Dutch Bus Audio Video Web Conferencing 2
Zulile OldSoul : Santa Claus - Dutch style ;) OldSoul 13
1poetsought Black Poetry : Good-bye Dutch Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
Liberty Health and Wellness : The Food Industry is Slowly Going BPA-Free Black Health and Wellness 0
howardtsu Black Poetry : Slowly Winning Her Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
A Black Astrology : Slowly here is your partial astrology chart reading! Black Astrology 6
soulful2006 Black Poetry : Slowly Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
$$RICH$$ Quiet Poetry Lounge : slowly we make ? Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
S Black People : are HIPHOP PIONEERS being slowly but surely FORGOTTEN? Black People Open Forum 5
U Black Poetry : Slowly Winding Down Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
L Black Poetry : slowly cheating Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
K Black Poetry : And I'm Dying Slowly Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
RAPTOR Black People : US freezes UNESCO funds for recognizing Palestine Black People Open Forum 1
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Recognizing Divine Leadership And Wisdom Chief Elder Osiris 3
dattaswami1 Black Spirituality Religion : Identity mark for recognizing the human incarnation of the Lord Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
howardtsu Black Poetry : Recognizing her Heart Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
I Black People : Recognizing the patterns of destabilization,from Afruaka to Compton.... Black People Open Forum 33
F Black Entertainment : mtv is finally recognizing the sisters Black Entertainment 2