Chevron Dove : THE COLOR OF YELLOW… ~ GEMSTONES, SUBSTANCES & COLORISM

Chevron Dove

May 7, 2009
I. (a) THE COLOR OF YELLOW… ~
GEMSTONES, SUBSTANCES & COLORISM

What would be the favorite hobby, the favorite food, the favorite drink, the favorite flavor, the favorite time of the year, the favorite movie or the favorite color describes the uniqueness of a person and today many applications and questionnaires ask these questions for security purposes. If someone forgets a password sometimes a question asked would be to restate a favorite pet or a favorite type of music or etc. that had earlier been registered by the person. So therefore, in the case of colors, most people express a favorite color and the topic becomes a great fascination for me due to more reasons that one.

I love to think about colors because it makes me feel good and puts me in a positive mood. So therefore, I have done some research on this subject and however, I have also found that there are some people that do not like certain colors. To some extent, there have been a few accounts of a certain color that triggers a negative reaction from a person who might have been traumatized and associate a certain color to that experience, and I can definitely relate to this, but for the most part, I have come to love all colors and regard colors in a positive aspect. When I am feeling down, I sometimes reminisce on a good time in my past and bring to mind a colorful image and pleasant aromas to compliment. And because I also love science and history, I have done more research with a focus that brings together many subject areas with regards to colors. Unfortunately, there happens to be a very dark side to the history of how color has been used to harm and in a negative sense and with a more complete acknowledgement of this truth, I don’t believe the full reality of the concept of vision and color can be appreciated and completely beneficial to humankind.

So while I share some positive aspects of color, however, I will also add the downside of how certain past events in history have caused color to be used in a negative aspect. This subject has a vast scope, so therefore, I will only share the little that I research and will hopefully be able to add more by and by as I learn. For the most part, I will concentrate on the colors of GEMSTONES. The first color that interest me today would be THE COLOR YELLOW. In ancient script, there are other words used and associated with this color and in another forum on the ancient scripts of the Bible, I will share more from that perspective. When I think about this color though, I have learned to block out the negative aspect that I sometimes think about recently and go back farther to a time when all was so well with the color of yellow. I immediately dream about the 1970s, and the ‘flower power’ days! I think about bright colored clothes with flowers, striped colored buildings with bright colors and even buses with wonderful pastel colors of pink, orange, white and yellow. Ah! Those were the days, the wonderful days of my youth when I associated these colors with awesome music like Earth, Wind & Fire [ie. The group], the Beatles, Gladys Knight & the Pips, Elton John, the Jackson Five, and more. Those were the wonderful days that I saw the colorful balloons in children shows like Winnie-the-Pooh and Sesame Street and a yellow balloon would be amongst the bouquet. And then there were the yellow and golden colored plastic beads that some people would buy and hang strings of beads as a partition in their homes. That was a time too, that I began to plant flowers like Zinias and I love the yellow marigolds.

I. (b) THE COLOR OF YELLOW… ~
GEMSTONES, SUBSTANCES & COLORISM
TOPAZ & November

The Gemstone, TOPAZ would be one of the easiest stones for me to highlight in its’ association with the color of yellow. Initially, when I began to research precious stones it was a confusion because most of the information stated that just about every gemstone could be expressed in just about every color! Even when it came to BIRTHSTONES for each month of the year, while certain gemstones have been designated, however, it would still be stated that the stones could also come in many other colors. But after research I came to realize the uniqueness of every precious stone in association with certain colors that give a more complete definition. For instance, the first mention of A DIAMOND brings a common definition to mind and an image of a brilliantly clear stone, but when you read further and more in depth, other colors of the diamond stone becomes presented such as ‘a blue diamond’. Nevertheless, the clear diamond marks the uniqueness of this stone and so it would be more complete though, to understand this distinction as to 0why a diamond would be considered to be mostly thought of as a clear, colorless stone for the most part. Likewise, it would be more complete to understand the uniqueness about other jewels and earth substances and what makes them so highly prized. What makes TOPAZ defined more as a yellow colored gemstone [ie yellowish-brown] when indeed, scientist report that it too can come in other colors as well. Hopefully, more information will be presented in other context to get a better understanding.

NOVEMBER GEMSTONE

The yellow stone was selected at some point in times past to mark the month of NOVEMBER. Originally, it was the CITRINE stone and later, TOPAZ. Some topaz stones are said to be more orange and this was the stone that originally replaced the less valued citrine stone. But today as in the past, the color yellow becomes the common description of a topaz stone.

An Imperial orange topaz

A Citrine stone

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Cory Corn Black Hebrew Israelites : Who are the Negros in the bible and the color of the people of the bible (WITH PICUTRES) **95% Scripts** Black Hebrew Israelites Study Group 0
Kemetstry Black Money Business Jobs : SISTER SELLS CHEMICAL FREE HAIR COLOR PRODUCTS Black Money Business Jobs 0
OldSoul Black People : 5 Perspectives on Color-ism Black People Open Forum 0
J Black Poetry : Juicy sexual color of dark skin in the head is only one word: Divine. My juicy, sweet, goddess. The figure is like a boom boom cool rap beat bass from Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Marquis Davis Science and Technology : The Illusion of Color Science and Technology 0
KRAZYK Black People Politics : Who's going to step up next help me understand why is my color the enemy Black People Politics 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : White GOP Congressman Claims He's 'A Person Of Color' Black People Politics 14
A Black Poetry : Magic of color Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
A Black Poetry : Color of sex Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Dr ALFIEE BRELANDNOBLE Health and Wellness : Engaging Youth of Color in Addressing Depression Black Health and Wellness 1
OldSoul Black People : A Reparations Map for Farmers of Color Black People Open Forum 1
OldSoul Black People : Study Finds Students Of All Races Prefer Teachers Of Color Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Gun Ownership : Study: How Arming Teachers Can Put Students Of Color At Greater Risk Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 7
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Cancer Drugs probably Weren’t Tested on People of Color Black Health and Wellness 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Authors : 24 Of The Most Thought-Provoking Pieces Of Writing By People Of Color In 2017 Short Stories - Authors - Writing 0
IFE Black Positive People : Teen Sisters Write Book Urging Young Girls of Color to Celebrate Their Hair Black People Doing Positive Things 0
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Poetry : Outlaw: A Color Has No Lineage Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Poetry : Outlaw: Your Color Is Your Ignorance and Their Racism Plus Colorism Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Angela22 Black People : Men of Color and Attraction Black People Open Forum 61
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Education / Schools : Ta-Nehisi Coates to Atlantic Staff: I ‘Failed’ Writers of Color by Backing Kevin Williamson Black Education / Schools 2
jamesfrmphilly Black Positive People : ballerinas-of-color Black People Doing Positive Things 1
jamesfrmphilly Health and Wellness : urine color shows health... Black Health and Wellness 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Donald Trump’s win tells people of color they aren’t welcome in America Black People Politics 185
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Education / Schools : The five things no one will tell you about why colleges don’t hire more faculty of color Black Education / Schools 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Education / Schools : What 'males of color' need in a school: Column Black Education / Schools 10
A Black Relationships : Is it colorism for one to have a skin color preference for beauty? Black Relationships 31
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : New website allows white people to offer #reparations directly to people of color Black People Politics 18
Liberty Black Positive People : Verizon’s #YouDon’tKnowMe Campaign Challenges Stereotypes of Young Men of Color, Promotes STEM Black People Doing Positive Things 2
Chidike Black People : The "I Don’t See Color. I Just See People" Trick Black People Open Forum 6
Clyde C Coger Jr Destee Network : Does Color Matter? Only When Misrepresented!: The Bible depicts the Colors of Man and Consequences Destee Network : 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : How the color of American swimming is finally changing Black People Doing Positive Things 1
Liberty Black Entertainment : Watch the Trailer for 'The Color Purple' Broadway Revival Black Entertainment 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Obama pledges more than $100 million towards girls and women of color Black People Politics 0
Liberty Black Women : Shocking History: Why Women of Color in the 1800s Were Banned From Wearing Their Hair in Public Black Women 4
Inanna Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Color Inspiration Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 5
Black Phoenix Black People Politics : SMDH: Abigail Fisher, Please Stop Blaming People of Color for Your Mediocrity Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : One Woman’s Story Highlights the Hidden Skin Cancer Risks for People of Color Black Health and Wellness 0
RAPTOR Black People : Johns Hopkins sued for $1 billion for STD experiments on people of color Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : White House now turning to girls of color Black People Politics 0
OldSoul OldSoul : Why Women of Color in the 1800s Were Banned From Wearing Their Hair in Public OldSoul 2
_NortheastGroover_ Black People Politics : Are we color struck? Black People Politics 46
RAPTOR Black People : The Color Brown : A documentary Black People Open Forum 4
cherryblossom Audio Video Web Conferencing : Black is the Color of My True Love's Hair-Nina Simone Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
R Black Poetry : Get paint and Color brains rap get butter from dames then Clutter the aims of rappers tame Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 16
Mattbecks Black Poetry : Color Complex Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
Enki Black Education / Schools : Hannibal...They Finally Got the Color Right. Black Education / Schools 0
A Black People : What your natural hair color says about your health Black People Open Forum 3
MsInterpret Black Parenting : Raising Our Kids Not To See Color? Black Parenting 53
cherryblossom Black Positive People : Miss Zee Coloring Book for Little Girls of Color Black People Doing Positive Things 7
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : The Color Purple 1985 (Tata Vega - Miss Celie's Blues) Audio Video Web Conferencing 0