Amun-Ra : The Bible (What else do we read?)

Amun-Ra

Feb 15, 2001
Dallas
Occupation
Sales Management
Anthony Pinn

There is a sinilar cooment from a slave captured in Anthony's Pinn's book Expressions of African American Humanism. In the book a slave master asks the slave why he quit believing in God and the slave aswered saying that the Christians in Alabama treated him so bad, that he firgured when he got to Mississippi he wanted to make sure he didn't take sides.

Ra

:shades:

rhymebad

May 11, 2006
nothing is wrong with the bible if it's used right and explained correct god siad I'm am the beginnin;g and the end alfa and omega (now is a person or group studied the book of genesis which formed the world most of the answers are there such as marriage, sex and the job of the evil one (then study the book of revelations which shows how man lost control and started worshipping computers and other men on the religious order which are not holy such as crooked preachers and false prophets the wrld would be much better to live in (plus after studying these two books you will understand everything else in the bible very easy all the answers are there and remember the love of money is the root of all evil

Amun-Ra

Feb 15, 2001
Dallas
Occupation
Sales Management
Too Much Work

Normally, I'd give a long repy, but as many times as I've read the Bible, versions of the Bible and translations the Bible, I know two things--one, it is filled with errors, contradictions, horrific morality and bad science. The second thing I know, is never try to change anyone's mind about it. So, I'll let this one pass.

Amun-ra

:darts:

Amun-Ra

Feb 15, 2001
Dallas
Occupation
Sales Management
Kemetic and Arabic

"Assalamu Alaikum" is an Islamic greeting which mean "peace be to you." I am unfamiliar with "Absalom" other than as the 3rd son of King David in the Bible and that would make it Hebrew. Hotep is Kemetic or ancient Egyptian for "peace" and that's the simple answer. In Arabic there is also "Assalam."

Amun-Ra--God of Kings and King of Gods. The oldest and longest venerated ruler of ancient Egypt, Amun, meaning "hidden" and Ra meaning "light" translates to "hidden light".

Bootzey

Feb 26, 2008
Metro ATL
Occupation
Don't Ask
Our people would do better if they broadened their horizons some. I read a lot of everything. You name it, with the exception of Islam, I have read and continue to read something on it. The Kybalion stands out as something I consistently go back to.

Ra Amen Hotep

Jul 2, 2008
The Bible is manipulated and twisted to fit people who want power. However, that is not to say that their aren't valuable lessons to be learned in the teachings. As with any religious text, their has to be a spiritual base there to guide your understanding. This is why the ancestors placed such an emphasis on knowing thy self.

ru2religious

Jun 10, 2008
The Bible is manipulated and twisted to fit people who want power. However, that is not to say that their aren't valuable lessons to be learned in the teachings. As with any religious text, their has to be a spiritual base there to guide your understanding. This is why the ancestors placed such an emphasis on knowing thy self.
Go within or you will go without ... Note that I read the bible and actually host a class that I teach from. I use the bible not as the representation of fact, but to show our lost brothas and sistas how we've been lied to. I also show how the so-called Hebrews were simply the High Priest of On (Location: Lower Km.t).

I never debate those who choose to uphold a lie vs. truth. The truth is that if we don't go within ourselves then we will forever be lost to those who which to keep us flat lined. The only book that should be read as a learning tool is the book within you, because that book holds all answers to all questions.

Go within, the answer are there; read the book!

Peace and love

cherryblossom

Banned
Feb 28, 2009
.....The ubiquitous Bible.....

AMEN!

No matter what, the Bible is ever-present!

And especially here on Destee.com, no matter one's belief system, many vehemently oppose the Bible yet they can't stay away from it.

RAPTOR

Sep 12, 2009
....no matter one's belief system, many vehemently oppose the Bible yet they can't stay away from it.
Well cherryblossom,

I'm not sure what that means.

I'm oppose to hitler, yet I have his book, "mein kampf".

I'm not a fan of karl marx, yet I have "the communist manifesto".

Skinheads/KKK are my enemies, yet I have "the turner diaries".

I say that to say this....The bible is after all a piece of literature.

I have several versions myself, from douay-rheims to tyndale.
As with the qu'ran and rig veda etc.

It's like what Amun-Ra said about reading what the "otherside" has to say and not reading things that only validated ones own point of view.

HOTEP

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

butterfly#1 wrote on Angela22's profile.
Absolutely!
Destee wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :love: :yaay: :kiss: :yaay: :love:
Love is Gonna Last!!
Destee wrote on One-Hundredd's profile.
@One-Hundredd and @Clyde C Coger Jr ... everyone can add images and video to their own albums (as well as other categories) by clicking the MEDIA link at the top of the page too ... using this link ... https://destee.com/media/ ... just click ... ADD NEW ... to add new images / videos ... Loving Us! Thanks to both of you! :heart:
Destee wrote on Ms Drea's profile.
Hi My Dear Darling Sister - I owe you a phone call. Don't give up on me. I Love You! :heart: