Black Poetry : THE APOLOGY(tribute to our ancestors)

Keita Kenyatta

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 7, 2004
Did we apologize Elijah and Malcolm, and even Dr. King...
for not listening to your wisdom and the song you used to sing ?
Did we apologize Mr. Garvey, for not picking up the pace,
and not heeding to your call which told us, up you mighty race ?

And even you, old Miss Tubman, with a mission never fun...
we apologize for forcing you to free us with a gun.
Angela Davis, Nzinga, and even Sojourner Truth...
I would have loved to have known you, when you were in your youth.

Huey P. Newton, Queen Hatshepsut, down to Assata Shakur,
please accept our humble apologies for not seeing what you saw.
David Walker, Nat Turner, and Noble Drew Ali...
we apologize for failing to be all that we can be.

Hannible, and Tutankhamen and Shaka Zulu too...
we apologize for all the pain our sell outs put you through.
George jackson, Elaine Brown, and Mumia Abu Jamal...
we apologize for not loving you the way you loved us all.

There are so many names, not ordinary,
but people, so extrordinary,
that history tries to hide....
But I apologize for all of us...
who lived and those who died.

PEACE !!

$$RICH$$

Lyon King Admin.
STAFF
Mar 21, 2001
Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
Occupation
BUSINESS owner
this was well done and smooth tribute to the forfathers & ancestors
who felt it all deeper then we know tyte writeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Zen Master_1

Nov 12, 2003
Corvallis Oregon
Occupation
Retired
So true

As we look around us, we shake our heads for what has taken place is ashame and it does hurt daily. The scheme planned is working that even it has widen out to inflict the same abuses on others, yes nothing new same of thing to make you look dangerous and rob you blind, still we have not woke up!

Zen Master

Mind~$oul

Dec 18, 2002
North Memphis
Occupation
illegal
Wow so there is somebody else out there that has some knowing of assata shakur! They set a bright path for us. It's sad that this generation often strays away from the path. Amazing work

one luv

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
IFE Black People : People are boycotting LA Fitness over racist incident, despite apology Black People Open Forum 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Africa : 54 African states demand apology - Donald Trump walks back comment on 's---hole countries' All Things Africa 3
Kemetstry Black People : TAVIS APOLOGY TO #44 !??! Black People Open Forum 9
jamesfrmphilly Black People : SAE apology accepted..... Black People Open Forum 3
frankster Black People : White family demands apology for Black history Month. Black People Open Forum 4
KPITRL Black Entertainment : Activists Demand Apology From Actress Daniele Watts Over LAPD Accusations Black Entertainment 3
KaHotep The Front Porch : My apology to the mass The Front Porch 2
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : Apology to the Black Woman. Audio Video Web Conferencing 1
cherryblossom Black People : Mary J. Blige Apology for Burger King Commercial Black People Open Forum 10
E Black People : Justice Thomas' wife seeks apology from Anita Hill ! Black People Open Forum 13
S Personal Apology to Destee / Moderators Violators and Violations (Possible Ones) 2
W Black People : smh Tigers Apology... Black People Open Forum 28
cherryblossom Black Women : The Apology To The Black Woman Black Women 2
D Black People : MY DEEPEST APOLOGY TO THE DESTEE FAMILY Black People Open Forum 18
Mad Skillz Black People Politics : Obama opposes slavery reparations, apology Black People Politics 102
naija-man Black People : Apology to Black Men Black People Open Forum 55
I Black People : My Apology to Purple Moons Black People Open Forum 7
G Black People : Apology and Forgvieness Black People Open Forum 0
P Black Poetry : An Apology For Being Born Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : The Issue Is Chattel Slavery, It's Not About Apology, But Repentance And Pay Chief Elder Osiris 0
N Black Poetry : Complex Apology Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
G Black People : Accepting Apology-Imus Black People Open Forum 7
G Black People : Imus apology too little too late; 'It is time for him to go' 'nappy-headed ho's.' Black People Open Forum 5
$ Black Relationships : apology: Ebony and Ivory Black Relationships 1
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : APOLOGY from my love Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 13
Akilah Black People : In Hurricane's Aftermath, Winfrey Calls for Apology Black People Open Forum 7
B Black Poetry : I'M SO SORRY (MY PUBLIC APOLOGY) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 16
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : To Hell With america Apology, The Issue Is Reparation!!! Chief Elder Osiris 4
daroc Black People : apology to victims of lynching- cspan2 Black People Open Forum 10
B Black Poetry : My Deepest Apology (please people help me) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
naija-man Black People : APOLOGY TO BLACK PEOPLE Black People Open Forum 11
M Black Poetry : Apology to Destee Forum Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
mistaliberator Black Poetry : TO BE HONEST I DIDNT READ THE TITLE(MY PUBLIC APOLOGY TO LIBERTY LADY) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
C Quiet Poetry Lounge : My Apology Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
M Black Poetry : The Apology Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 13
D Black Poetry : Mama's Apology (the ultimate sacrifice) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
H Black Poetry : Love's Apology Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
A Black Poetry : His Weak Apology Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 13
M Black Poetry : Sweet Talk, Apology To Kem! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
B Black Poetry : Apology to the GLASS HOUSE... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
M Black Poetry : Apology Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
U Black Poetry : ....blacker blood[An Apology to Family] Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
B Black Poetry : Sincere Apology Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
Fine1952 African American History Culture : Tribute 2 Dr. Frances Cress-Welsing African American History Culture 1
OldSoul Black People : Little Richard Penniman Tribute Thread Black People Open Forum 3
OldSoul Black People : ONE NATION UNDER A GROOVE (Detroit’s Tribute to The Funk) Black People Open Forum 0
N Black People : Tribute to John witherspoon Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : Tribute or prank? New statue of Melania Trump in Slovenia confounds residents Black Entertainment 0
Kemetstry Black People : TRIBUTE!!!! Black People Open Forum 0
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : Never Too Much (Vandross Tribute) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1