Health and Wellness : the amount of sugar in yr drink...

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
22429_1006323172725708_3339275515484441152_n.jpg

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015
Good info. I use a website called Fooducate. They analyze and grade the nutritional value of foods and beverages. It is surprising how many products that are marketed and labelled as if they are healthy, which are not healthy at all. I cannot post the link, because of my "new poster" status. But, its a very good resource I'd like to share.

*smile*

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
i have cut back on my sugar and caffeine. i drink more water.
my health has improved. my weight is down.
it's as simple as that.

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015
Me too. I revamped my eating habits this past November. I have been studying Vegan Macrobiotics. Learning the damaging effects of the typical American diet has made it easier for me to make the changes I have made. I have not perfected it yet. I probably never will. I aim for progress, not perfection.

But, generally, I don't eat sugar, processed foods, meat, or poultry. I do eat white fish twice a week. And, I eat fruit for dessert or special occasions. Losing weight was one benefit, but the biggest gift was that I feel so much better. I didn't think I would be able to do this. But after one week, I started feeling so good. After two weeks I felt even greater. And every time I have "cheated" there has been a remarkable icyness in the way I have felt that lasts a couple of days.

Recently, I have made it a point to drink 8 glasses of Sparkletts water a day. And, I have found that when I "cheat", the drinks I used to enjoy taste far too sweet for my tastes now, I don't enjoy them anymore. I do add the juice from an organic lemon to my first glasses of the day, for detoxification.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : New study finds the maximum amount of time you can sit before harming your heart Black Health and Wellness 0
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Why Black Afrikans Will Not Amount To No More Than White Authority Will Allow Them To Chief Elder Osiris 1
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : DOES THE AMOUNT OF MONEY AFRIKANS HAVE, EQUAL TO THE AMOUNT OF INTELLIGENCE AFRIKANS Chief Elder Osiris 3
M Is It Possible To Increase The Amount of Melanin In The Body? Black Health and Wellness 7
M Black Poetry : Have a whack amount in my account try search but Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : Sugar Land Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Liberty Health and Wellness : The A1C Blood Sugar Test May Be Less Accurate In African-Americans Black Health and Wellness 0
HODEE Health and Wellness : Dunkin' Donuts is dropping titanium dioxide from its powdered sugar donuts Black Health and Wellness 1
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Those **** letter of Zora Neale Hurston: Sugar or Sh..it?? AACOOLDRE 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Food Discussion : Yes, You Can Eat Sugar! 5 Nutritionist Hacks to Make It Healthier Food Discussion and Recipes 0
Kemetstry Health and Wellness : Sugar Kills!!! Black Health and Wellness 50
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Sugar on The Floor Black People Open Forum 0
skuderjaymes Black People : D'Angelo - Sugar Daddy [live in Stockholm 2012-01-26] Black People Open Forum 0
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : D'Angelo - Brown Sugar (instrumental & lyrics w download link) Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : AZ- Sugar Hill Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : mos def - brown sugar (fine) Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Amnat77 Black People : Sugar Ray Leonard Says Olympic Coach Sexually Abused Him Black People Open Forum 6
Indigo Blues Black Entertainment : Frank "Sugar Chile" Robinson Black Entertainment 2
Amnat77 Black People : U.S. food companies caught faking blueberries with artificial colors and liquid sugar Black People Open Forum 3
G Black Poetry : Sugar ***** Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
A Is sugar evil? Black Health and Wellness 0
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : CANDYMAN & SUGAR TREATS....Just 4 U ! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
watzinaname Black Poetry : Salt in My Sugar Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 13
Sha'iyn Quiet Poetry Lounge : Like Honey For Sugar Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
G Black Poetry : SUGAR ALONG THE RIM Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 14
howardtsu Black Poetry : Her Sugar Daddy Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
jamesfrmphilly excess sugar Black Health and Wellness 6
howardtsu Black Poetry : "Flowers" for Your Sugar Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
P Black Sports : Sugar Ray Robinson Highlight Black Sports 1
T Quiet Poetry Lounge : I Need Your Brown Sugar Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
P Black Relationships : Why have a 'sugar daddy'? Black Relationships 108
N Body Rejecting Sugar Black Health and Wellness 11
river Signs of Sugar Imbalance During Pregnancy - A Question Black Health and Wellness 23
N Dessert Cookie Cake Recipe : Lemon Sugar Cookies Food Discussion and Recipes 3
N Dangers of Sugar Black Health and Wellness 3
T Black Poetry : BROWN SUGAR, HONEY AND BUTTERFLY WINGS Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
kente417mojo Black Sports : Sugar Shane Mosley Black Sports 12
1poetsought Black Poetry : Sugar Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 19
J Quiet Poetry Lounge : brown sugar... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
AACOOLDRE Black Poetry : Brown Sugar Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
L Black Poetry : Sugar In Her Bowl Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
alyce Black Poetry : Bridge On Sugar Hill Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : Brown Sugar Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
N Black Poetry : Sweet Brown Sugar Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
R Black Poetry : Gripe about pay No doubt hype today Drink extreme snapples It hurt my belly like green apples See a chick with pie crust That’s quick to kick up a fus Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
R Black Poetry : “Drink a glass of water pick up mic do a fast slaughter come to a place that's major see girl with Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : “sincere and galore at the rear of the store drink a beer before I rap and try trap a chick quick, g Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : Search for whiskey is much too risky so he drink wine and Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Bottled water overtakes soda as America’s No. 1 drink — why you should avoid both Black Health and Wellness 0
R Black Poetry : HE SAID: Adore quotes take galore notes never ignore folks drink more coke // Than TV commercials wa Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0