Black Money Business Jobs : Teaching financial literacy to kids ...

MsInterpret

Apr 21, 2007
Washington
Thank you for this! I think this is very important information to instill into our children.
I was taught at a young age about money. My mother would make up price tags and money (dollars and change) and we pretended I had a store. I would go around and make purchases of the things my mom tagged around the house.
Even now, I teach my daughter about saving her money. I try to also teach her about wants and needs. As in, is this something that you need to spend your money on or want to spend your money on? And applying this thought to savings. And the importance on saving, as well as long-term and short-term savings.
My mom, when she takes my daughter to the store teaches her about taxes.
Her dad is a Financial Manager at a bank at also teaches her.
I will bookmark this link.

MsInterpret

Apr 21, 2007
Washington
I, personally, want to take a child beyond financial literacy into "wealth management".
It would be more involved than financial literacy along with greater administration, but I think it would be worth it.
What would you teach concerning "wealth management"? What would be some important guidelines to achieve this?

MsInterpret

Apr 21, 2007
Washington
We'd have to "get down" into areas such as accountancy, law, taxes, assets, economics, finance, etc.

Afterwards, we'd have to integrate these areas into a plan. The plan would have multiple sections such as tax management and accountancy, asset planning, financial planning, estate planning, etc.

Now, you won't be doing it all on your own. You'll need to compose your team to management your wealth. A person will need to learn how to function in a team as well as how to lead that team.

But wealth isn't just paper wealth. Its also one's health, survival needs and supplies, how the home is built, etc.

A complete unified plan. End-to-end. Womb to tomb. Even how one's "dead hand" can continue into the future after one's passing from this world.
You should put together a blog for teaching kids "wealth management"...or do you know of some resources that would already do this?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
3 Black Parenting : Teaching young children financial responsibility starting with their allowance, etc Black Parenting 4
Perfection Black Women : ▶Speaking of Black Women◀Teaching Black Women's Heritage Black Women 0
Oni Bey Black Education / Schools : Teaching Our Own Children Black Education / Schools 32
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Poetry : Outlaw: My Secret Teaching of Cursive Writing Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Poetry : Outlaw: The Teaching Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Education / Schools : We the pupils: More states teaching founding US documents Black Education / Schools 2
jamesfrmphilly Black Entertainment : serena teaching you how to twerk.... Black Entertainment 0
ceebee Science and Technology : Teaching Children Cyber-Warfare? Science and Technology 2
RAPTOR Black Education / Schools : The Howard 3: Black Educators Forced Out for Teaching Black History Black Education / Schools 1
Destee Black People : Are We Teaching Folk to Fish - Or Are We Teaching Them to Beg for Fish? Black People Open Forum 9
cherryblossom Black Positive People : Marcus Blackwell, Jr: Teaching Music through Math Black People Doing Positive Things 2
Precise Allah Nation of Gods and Earths : Teaching Women Nation of Gods and Earths Study Group 2
S Black Education / Schools : How would you revamp and revitalize the Teaching profession? Black Education / Schools 116
MsInterpret Black Parenting : Teaching Self-Defense to Our Kids Black Parenting 12
Gorilla Computers - Software Hardware : Black Girls Code - Teaching Young Girls Programming Science and Technology 2
Ankhur Black Men : Professor Leonard Jeffries has Retired from Full Time Teaching Black Men 0
RAPTOR Black Education / Schools : Price stability: Teaching economics to young teenagers? Black Education / Schools 11
OldSoul OldSoul : Teaching about "race" in the US. Part 1 OldSoul 0
H Black Education / Schools : Louisiana Schools Teaching Black Males They Are Retarded Black Education / Schools 25
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : SHE SAID .....( Teaching of SADIE) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
Destee Black Women : Men Teaching Women How to be Women - Beauty, Fashion, Etc?! Black Women 13
howardtsu Black Poetry : Teaching her to Fly Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
$$RICH$$ Black Education / Schools : MARVA COLLINS STYLE of TEACHING Black Education / Schools 2
S Black People : Teaching the young.. South Carolina 1860. Black People Open Forum 18
Z Black Spirituality Religion : Christ According To The Mormons Teaching Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 7
G Black Spirituality Religion : Church Bondage-False Teaching, Shame, Guilt Bondage in the Modern Christian Church... Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
Destee Destee's Thoughts Teaching Our Sons What to Want Destee's Thoughts 43
L Teaching Black Youth about Money Black Parenting 7
kemetkind Black People : What do you think about Indians Remotely Teaching Black kids Black People Open Forum 1
P Black Money Business Jobs : Open House for Teaching Certification Black Money Business Jobs 0
Destee Black Poetry : Brother OldSoul Teaching @ 8 pm ET Tonight! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Destee Black People : Brother OldSoul Teaching @ 8 pm ET Tonight! Black People Open Forum 2
Destee Black People : Brother OldSoul Teaching ... Now ... Join Us! Black People Open Forum 0
Destee OldSoul : Brother OldSoul Teaching Tonight @ 9 pm ET OldSoul 0
Destee Black Poetry : Brother OldSoul Teaching Tonight @ 9 pm ET Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Destee Black People : Brother OldSoul Teaching Tonight @ 9 pm ET Black People Open Forum 1
Destee Black Poetry : Brother OldSoul is Teaching! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Destee OldSoul : Brother OldSoul is Teaching! OldSoul 0
Destee Black Poetry : Brother OldSoul is Teaching! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Destee Black People : Brother OldSoul is Teaching! Black People Open Forum 2
Destee OldSoul : Brother OldSoul is Teaching Now !! OldSoul 0
Destee Black Spirituality Religion : Brother OldSoul is Teaching Now! Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Destee Black Poetry : Brother OldSoul is Teaching Now! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Destee Black People : Brother OldSoul is Teaching Now! Black People Open Forum 0
M Black Spirituality Religion : The Tree of Life,Are You Teaching From It?? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 6
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : Brother OldSoul is Teaching Now! Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Poeticsoulsista Black Poetry : And I'm Teaching Her... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 19
Destee OldSoul : Brother OldSoul Teaching Now! OldSoul 3
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : Brother OldSoul is TEACHING - Right Now! Audio Video Web Conferencing 1
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Why Socrates was killed? Teaching the Egyptian Religion AACOOLDRE 2