Black People Politics : Take that, you Black and Latino defectors!

Discerning

Jan 30, 2020
I bet it must suck to be a Black or Latino turncoat today.

If you decided to toss your supposed allegiance to your people aside for what you hoped would be seat at the Big White Table, you definitely miscalculated. Voting for Trump to win a second term would have put a stranglehold on the ongoing destruction of Black small businesses wrought by Covid-19.

You would have never been accorded the courtesy of being viewed as an equal by Republicans. Your motives would always be questioned. You'd just be another turkey who fell for the "Trickle Down" theory. The belief that you'd be right there and among the first to get some financial and social benefits usually denied your people when more trillion dollar tax cuts were bestowed upon the rich.

There is nothing wrong with jumping into the economic fray by opening a new business and asking for community support in terms of revenue and loyalty. But there is something unseemly about rushing to stand with White people who've made their living off hating your people.

I am so pleased a multitude of individuals from every race, culture and ethnic group voted for equality and thereby saved Democracy in this country.

Oh, since this happens a lot, I'm going to request that those who disagree actually write a reasoned response. Without the immature personal attacks.

Now that Joe Biden and Kamala Harris have won this election, it means adults will be in charge again. And people have taken to the streets around the country to mark the occasion.

Attachments

• Ice Cube.jpg
    Ice Cube.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Discerning

Jan 30, 2020
The margin of victory was not the point of the post.

I wrote the short piece as a rebuke to those Blacks and Latinos (mostly Cuban and those lighter skinned), who chose to support Trump this time around.

Discerning

Jan 30, 2020
You got that right. The final breakdown is yet to come.

I can only imagine the relief and the laughter in the offices of the leaders of Germany, France, Canada, Mexico, Cuba and Venezuela.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Money Business Jobs : Killer Mike's majority Black and Latino owned online bank already has 'tens of thousands' on the waiting list Black Money Business Jobs 0
HODEE Black People : JPMorgan Chase is making a $30 billion commitment to help address U.S. wealth in equality, in underserved Black and Latino Communities Black People Open Forum 2
RAPTOR Black People : Latino Gangs Launch Attacks on Black Families in Compton to Drive Them Out of the City Black People Open Forum 7
P Black People : The Basis Of Black-Latino Unity Is Not Political Black People Open Forum 23
T Black Relationships : Interracial Dating - Black/Latino Black Relationships 39
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Black female scientist at forefront of COVID-19 vaccine development Black People Doing Positive Things 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Joy Reid nails the difference between white and Black people after Capitol riots Black People Politics 4
Destee Pets / Animals : Black the Rottweiler - playing with his toy Pets / Animals 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : America has an urgent need for Black doctors: 'It's hard to be what you can't imagine' Black Health and Wellness 0
One-Hundredd Black Entertainment : Jewels of Wisdom found in GTA 5's Black protagonist Franklin Clinton Black Entertainment 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : Kwanzaa Is Not ‘Black Christmas’—Here’s What It Actually Is (And How We Celebrate) Black People Open Forum 2
Discerning Black People Politics : Black People: Know your REAL enemy Black People Politics 14
OldSoul Black People : "Elijah Muhammad was the greatest psychologist that Black people ever created, bar none" Black People Open Forum 0
OldSoul Black People : "Elijah Muhammad was the greatest psychologist that Black people ever created, bar none" Black People Open Forum 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Parenting : The reality of Black men's love lives and marriages is very different than what's usually shown on TV – I spent years actually talking to them Black Parenting 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Education / Schools : A Black Student's Mother Complained About 'Fences.' He Was Expelled Black Education / Schools 0
Kemetstry Black Money Business Jobs : BLACK OWNED ATH;ETIC BRANDS Black Money Business Jobs 0
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : Black Native American descendants fight for recognition African American History Culture 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Relationships : New Book Claims the Destruction of Black Relationships Is 'America's Unrecognized Civil Rights Issue' Black Relationships 0
Kemetstry Black Money Business Jobs : BLACK OWNED HAIR CARE PRODUCT LINE IN NEIMAN MARCUS Black Money Business Jobs 0
Fine1952 Black People : The Black Tax - *Black Lives Still Don't Matter* Black People Open Forum 25
OldSoul Black People : CONSCIOUSNESS RAISING ONLINE - Nov 15, 2020 - Topic: Black People Dont Want No white God Black People Open Forum 0
C Black People : The Destruction Of The Black Afrikan Woman Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : 'You are my wildest dream': Sydney Barber will be first Black woman to serve as US Naval Academy brigade commander Black People Doing Positive Things 0
I_AM_HER Steals and Deals : Black woman -owned Candle Shop in Houston, TX Shopping - Steals and Deals! 0
I_AM_HER Black Women : A black woman's experience and the failed U.S. healthcare system Black Women 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Louisiana man sentenced to 25 years for burning Black churches Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
C Black People : Will The Black Divine Beings Ever Rise Again? Black People Open Forum 1
C Black People : The Problem With Black Afrikan People Black People Open Forum 0
C Black People : Black Afrikans Has No Knowledge Of Need Black People Open Forum 0
Discerning Black People Politics : Older Black Voters are doing their part Black People Politics 0
C Black People : There Is A Difference In Black Afrikan American And Black Afrikans In America Black People Open Forum 0
OldSoul Black People : What Ever Happened to Hazel Scott? One of the most Brilliant Beautiful Black Women Ever! Black People Open Forum 1
C Black People : The Problem With Black Folks Is Black Folks Black People Open Forum 1
Discerning Black People Politics : Kristen Welker made all Black women proud tonight Black People Politics 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Our Black Party Black People Politics 0
C Black People : There Is No Victory For Black Afrikan People Black People Open Forum 0
Don Fletcher Black Poetry : Black Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Short Stories : New book reveals Malcolm X secretly met the KKK to discuss setting up a ‘separate state’ for Black Americans Short Stories - Authors - Writing 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Ice Cube Helped Develop a New ‘Black Trump Platform’ and Fans Are Calling Him Out Over It Black People Politics 27
C Black People : The Mind Of Black Afrikan Americans Black People Open Forum 0
OldSoul Black People : BLACK PARADE- Beyonce by Jene Marie Black People Open Forum 0
HODEE Black People Politics : LACK OF SUPPORT FOR DEMOCRATS ( BLUE STATES ) IS BECAUSE REPUBLICANS DON'T WANT TO HELP THE BLACK ( DEMOCRATIC ) COMMUNITY Black People Politics 3
OldSoul Black People : What it means to be Black in Brazil Black People Open Forum 0
OldSoul Black People : CONSCIOUSNESS RAISING ONLINE - Oct 4, 2020 - Say their names - Black Women Killed by Police Black People Open Forum 0
C Black People : Black Afrikans Must Learn Again Black People Open Forum 0
SwagII Black People Politics : The Black Experience is Still a Tragedy, Yet Some Blacks Support Our Oppressors! Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Education / Schools : 'Blatant disregard and disrespect of Black people': Virginia district apologizes for segregated schools - 53 years later Black Education / Schools 0
C Black People : A Disorganized Black Afrikan People Black People Open Forum 0
C Black People : Black Afrikan Sacrifice Black People Open Forum 0