Law Forum : Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas Denies Groping Accusation

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015
Updated: 2:05 PM ET

Accuser Moira Smith was 23 at the time

upload_2016-10-27_13-25-18.png

Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas has denied a sexual assault accusation leveled against him by a one-time female dinner guest, according to a report published Thursday.

The allegation, reported in the National Law Journal, comes nearly three weeks after Moira Smith wrote on Facebook that Thomas had grabbed her buttocks multiple times during a 1999 dinner party at the justice’s home. Smith, now general counsel to Enstar Natural Gas Company, said she was one of several Truman scholar invited to Thomas’ home that evening and was setting the table when the alleged unwanted contact occurred. She was 23 at the time.

Read more

http://time.com/4548119/clarence-thomas-sexual-harassment/

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015
On the other hand...

October 26, 2016 | 5:06 PM EDT

Critics on Excluding Clarence Thomas From New African American Museum: ‘Real Discrimination,’ ‘Racist, Intolerant and Hateful’

upload_2016-10-27_13-38-37.png

(CNSNews.com) – The new National African American Museum of History and Culture does not include some prominent black men and women in its exhibits, including Associate Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas. Critics of the exclusion expressed irony that a museum dedicated to telling the African American story has chosen to omit certain blacks, despite their success and the significant role they play in that story.

“The fact that the Smithsonian Museum has chosen to leave [Thomas] out of the African American Museum underscores a sad truth about the American Left,” Bishop E.W. Jackson, founder and president of Stay True To America’s National Destiny (STAND), told CNSNews.com. “They are the most racist, intolerant and hateful people in our country today.”

Read more

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/penny-starr/critics-excluding-justice-clarence-thomas-new-african-american-museum-real

Hermetic

May 30, 2015
Is this what it has come to?

Groping?

Groping is nothing close to rape or sexual assault

I remember guys grabbing girls on the back side for funsies when I was younger, and sometimes it was returned with a "Imma kick yo $^%@^", but other times it was returned with a "do it again" and a smile.

This used to be called flirting or even courting.
If or when they say "don't", then you become a pest what Destiny's Child called a "Bugaboo"
I disagree. Groping is sexual assault when the receiver of the grope is not open to it. Just change it up a bit and consider how you would feel about it if you were groped by homosexual men. Would you consider it something harmless, or would you be rightfully upset?

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
I disagree. Groping is sexual assault when the receiver of the grope is not open to it. Just change it up a bit and consider how you would feel about it if you were groped by homosexual men. Would you consider it something harmless, or would you be rightfully upset?
:11100:depends if they were republican or not...

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015
Is this what it has come to?

Groping?

Groping is nothing close to rape or sexual assault

I remember guys grabbing girls on the back side for funsies when I was younger, and sometimes it was returned with a "Imma kick yo $^%@^", but other times it was returned with a "do it again" and a smile.

This used to be called flirting or even courting.
If or when they say "don't", then you become a pest what Destiny's Child called a "Bugaboo"
Absolutely, YES, this is what it comes down to. Answer Hermetic... How would you feel if a MALE employee with superior ranking within your employment was constantly grabbing feels on your buttocks, or even penis with impunity?

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015
My secondary question to y'all was; do you think it is unfair that Clarence Thomas was excluded from the Museum?

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015
Now provide one for sexual assault, and let's compare

Sexual assault is any type of sexual contact or behavior that occurs without the explicit consent of the recipient. Falling under the definition of sexual assault are sexual activities as forced sexual intercourse, forcible sodomy, child molestation, incest, fondling, and attempted rape. Apr 1, 2016

Sexual Assault | OVW | Department of Justice

https://www.justice.gov/ovw/sexual-assault
United States Department of Justice

UB, why are you dodging the question Hermetic asked you?

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Implementation and Sustainment
You can skip rocks across water but if you're not building yourself up rock solid, you'll drown under pressure.
11-5-19✍
Fireman wrote on Queenie's profile.
Hi, Queenie. Love your posts. Even though I don't you, you must be some kind of remarkable and lovely person. Lets keep in touch.
It's okay to admire otherz, but first, love self. ELEVATE your self-image by having a healthy love & respect for yourself. ✍
1619+400=2019 Jamestown Virginia...end of slavery. (Yes modern miseducation and injustices count as slavery) But no proper reparations will be given since the amount of contributions beyond humanity transcends generations. Our people have history that is equal to trillions of dollars including Melanin research and its supernatural power.