Fine1952

The Age of Aquarius
PREMIUM MEMBER
Sep 27, 2005
USA
Occupation
Healthcare Provider
Bernie Sanders is right!

"...When it comes to tax breaks for billionaires, Republicans say, sure, no problem. Spending $750 billion on the military? No problem. Massive amounts of corporate welfare? That's just fine. But when it comes to helping people who are struggling to feed their families, or to prevent people from being evicted from their homes, well suddenly, it's 'oh my God we have this terrible deficit!.'

The bottom line is this: we have got to invest in the American people. Is this stimulus proposal too big? Absolutely not..."

Discerning

Jan 30, 2020
Senator Sanders is not the only one who has lambasted GOP tax cuts for the rich. But he remains the loudest and the most prominent.

Democrats stridently opposed a Republican measure which permanently slashed corporate tax rates 12 months into Trump's presidency. Pelosi spoke against it in the House which passed it anyway and Schumer attacked it in the Senate. But the GOP got its way in the Senate 51-48.

The GOP stopped caring about the poor, the elderly, the disabled and even veterans in recent years. But Republicans love war, which accounts for rising military expenditures. One billion dollars for an ICBM? How many do we need?

President Biden's stimulus package is of the proper size. And unlike Trump, Biden understands that Covid-19 is a real and deadly virus.

Those who want to slash 46's stimulus proposal should understand that following a neutral examination of President Obama's $825 billion stimulus, economists concluded it was actually not big enough. Although it did spark a slow economic recovery from the so-called Great Recession.

Discerning

Jan 30, 2020
Biden and the Dems have only two years to get a lot of what they want done. The party that wins the White House traditionally loses the next mid-terms. This is what Bernie meant when he said the Dems have just two years.

The Dems can get many things accomplished through budget reconciliation, but a new Voting Rights bill, a $15 an hour minimum wage and pushing for Puerto Rico and D.C., statehood will require Republican support.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest profile posts

Cheryl Fitts wrote on Destee's profile.
I am looking for participants in a study to share their experiences as former African American males served as ED/EBD/BD in the southeast. Participants ages 18-35 will be interviewed and given the opportunity to express their thoughts, feelings and impressions of their school years. If interested or for more information please contact me directly. Thanks, Cheryl
Cheryl Fitts wrote on Destee's profile.
Thank you for the welcome. I have a question. I am a doctorate student in need of participants for my study. Is it allowable to post a request for study participants. If so, this is the post that would be uploaded:
Let's us all remember in 2021 to protect our energy and to do the best we can to grow and evolve.
Queen Destee im back still showing lo e after what 20+ yrs? You know always stop through from time to time
Destee wrote on rhymebad's profile.
@rhymebad ... i love you ... :love: ... what was going wrong about polls and being blocked and stuff?