Black Spirituality Religion : Spiritual Battle in Terri's case, Question for Christians

TheWitness

Feb 20, 2005
I found this to be thought provoking....
Now 2 questions
IF this was YOU, would you want your family to fight?
And do you think this is a spiritual battle
(And please, no comments about this being a "white: woman.)I say this becasue God is NOT a respector of persons.
'LIVE' VERSUS 'EVIL': BEHIND SCENES IN CASE OF SCHIAVO IS DYNAMIC OF A SPIRITUAL WAR

Behind the scenes in the Schiavo case is a spiritual dynamic that is of course totally ignored by the mainstream press -- which still hovers towards support for Terri's badly misguided husband and a judge who has indicated all but complete spiritual blindness.

Those are not assessments we like to make, and we won't judge the people themselves, but we will say that they have been at least deceived by the dark side. When we spoke to him recently, Terri's father expressed concern over an actual feeling of evil in the courtroom when motions are filed in this case, causing him to invoke the Archangel Michael. Let us note as we have so often that this is a classic case of how the devil tries to reverse the word "live" into "evil."

At least one prominent person on the side of removing Terri's tube has been reported to experience strange and radical personality shifts, and another to have a pronounced engagement with the New Age.

Meanwhile a lawyer who has fought to keep Terri alive, Pat Anderson, a strongly believing Christian, told Spirit Daily that she felt the spiritual resistance of evil and also the help of the Holy Spirit as she battled for more than three years in the case. It has been presided over by a judge who she said has ignored a mountain of evidence that should have given him pause in constantly ruling against Terri's parents, the Schindlers, who have fought so gallantly to keep their daughter -- severely disabled since 1990 -- from a painful death via removal of her feeding tube (all she needs to live).

Terri herself shows specific attention to a priest who regularly visits and reacts to prayer, witnesses have told us. She has also uttered words such as "mommy" and "help me."

Relics of Padre Pio and Mother Teresa of Calcutta have found their way into her hospice room, and the Blessed Sacrament is touched to this poor woman who seems to be a "victim soul" in the huge battle over life issues in the U.S.

Then there is the matter of Clearwater, Florida -- which, as the location of one hospice that Terri stayed in, and also the residence of her "husband," Michael, is interesting because it is also where a famous image of the Blessed Mother seemed to manifest in the reflection on an office building [see archives].

It was right around the corner where Terri was kept during the last close call, when the tubes were actually removed from Terri before the intervention of Governor Bush -- whose wife is devoted to Our Lady of Guadalupe and who with her husband visited the shrine near Mexico City.

The Clearwater image uncannily resembles the image of Guadalupe (which is associated with pro-life issues) and was smashed by a disturbed young man just before the Schiavo case first burst into national prominence.

It was first spotted on December 17, 1996, by a woman customer at what was then the Seminole Finance Corporation Building. As one newspaper noted, the image, two floors high, glowed and shimmered, turning from green to blue, to red, and there was a distinct outline of a head, a hooded robe and most of a torso. Skeptics claimed it was caused by a reflection of the sun's rays bouncing off water left by sprinklers, but that hardly explained how its glow often increased at night -- although [see below] it went dark just before September 11.

The 1996 time frame is when the dispute between the Schindlers and Michael Schiavo intensified, and when dark suspicions arose concerning Terri's care. In 1998, Michael petitioned the court for removal of her feeding and hydration tubes. His lawyer is described by some as a "yoga guru" attorney with strong New Age tendencies.

Whether or not it bears relevance, Clearwater is also headquarters for the Church of Scientology -- which teaches "prosperity for the able," with obvious implications. "Many Florida politicians and government officials have an accommodative relationship with Scientology," claims one website, citing alleged attendance at a Scientology anniversary gala of "over 540 dignitaries and guests from throughout the Tampa Bay area" on January 18, 2003. The area is also home to headquarters for the Shriners, if that bears any relevance. The courthouse for the judge in the Schiavo case is right next to the Scientology headquarters.

Has this brushing up against anti-Catholic had a spiritual effect? And is Clearwater also not clearly a spiritual battleground, pitting traditional Catholics against the move toward euthanasia?

Here, in the state of hurricanes (or "hurucans," the Indian word for "evil wind"), is where the prayers are needed, and here -- not in the court, not in the state legislature, not even in the U.S. Congress -- is where, in coming days, the real battle will be lost or won.

Have nothing to do with the evil deeds of darkness,
but rather reprove them. Ephesians 5:11

Radical Faith

Dec 3, 2003
North Carolina
Occupation
Operations Manager
The Bottomline

The bottomline here is the quality of life. If you believe in God and that death is not the end then the decision is clear. From the time we are born we start dying physically. There are worse things than death, such as having a useless body kept alive so it doesn't surrender your soul. This is worse than death it's almost as bad as cryogenics. This is the mind set of the flesh. The flesh want us to live forever and it is finding ways to do so. Sure the incapacitated do have rights. They have the right to die. Just like everyone has the choice to kill themselves, that's a different story though. Let me share something with you all. Most here know may father passed away last December. I am the eldest of his namesake and my son is the last. My father suffered a massive heart attack and was without oxygen for 30 minutes. After 6 minutes without oxygen the brain becomes damaged. When it was all said and done my dad was in a vegetative state with a slim to no change of recovery. Being the person that I am I prayed about it and God helped me understand. See my father fought with alcoholism and drug addiction most of his adult life. My father understood what his problem was he just couldn't stop abusing. So because of this he lost my mom which devastated him. He tried to sober up for a while but the reality of having too much water under the bridge for him and my mom to get back together broke his heart. The last years of his life were spent in unbareable pain and shame. All the while he never stopped abusing. Finally he was so sick he went into the hospital. He made a recovery but relapsed and died. I believe God called my father home and put him out of his misery. God knew he would not be able to stop drinking and doing drugs. Also I had planned on bringing him with me so he could get a fresh start. God knew that our relationship would have been strained because of his addiction. My father is now out of pain and misery. He is free. This is the way Terri Shiavo should be. Free. God will not perform miracles with help from man. We can't help God. We must have faith that God knows what is best for us.

Peace

Radical Faith

diakonos

Feb 13, 2004
TheWitness,

Great discussion topic. I sympathize with both the husband and the parents of this poor woman. From a biblical perspective however, I’m inclined to believe that the husband should have the final say in this matter. When two people marry, they leave their families and cleave to one another (become one flesh).

karmashines

Banned
Feb 26, 2005
TheWitness said:
I found this to be thought provoking....
Now 2 questions
IF this was YOU, would you want your family to fight?
And do you think this is a spiritual battle
(And please, no comments about this being a "white: woman.)I say this becasue God is NOT a respector of persons.
'LIVE' VERSUS 'EVIL': BEHIND SCENES IN CASE OF SCHIAVO IS DYNAMIC OF A SPIRITUAL WAR

Behind the scenes in the Schiavo case is a spiritual dynamic that is of course totally ignored by the mainstream press -- which still hovers towards support for Terri's badly misguided husband and a judge who has indicated all but complete spiritual blindness.

Those are not assessments we like to make, and we won't judge the people themselves, but we will say that they have been at least deceived by the dark side. When we spoke to him recently, Terri's father expressed concern over an actual feeling of evil in the courtroom when motions are filed in this case, causing him to invoke the Archangel Michael. Let us note as we have so often that this is a classic case of how the devil tries to reverse the word "live" into "evil."

At least one prominent person on the side of removing Terri's tube has been reported to experience strange and radical personality shifts, and another to have a pronounced engagement with the New Age.

Meanwhile a lawyer who has fought to keep Terri alive, Pat Anderson, a strongly believing Christian, told Spirit Daily that she felt the spiritual resistance of evil and also the help of the Holy Spirit as she battled for more than three years in the case. It has been presided over by a judge who she said has ignored a mountain of evidence that should have given him pause in constantly ruling against Terri's parents, the Schindlers, who have fought so gallantly to keep their daughter -- severely disabled since 1990 -- from a painful death via removal of her feeding tube (all she needs to live).

Terri herself shows specific attention to a priest who regularly visits and reacts to prayer, witnesses have told us. She has also uttered words such as "mommy" and "help me."

Relics of Padre Pio and Mother Teresa of Calcutta have found their way into her hospice room, and the Blessed Sacrament is touched to this poor woman who seems to be a "victim soul" in the huge battle over life issues in the U.S.

Then there is the matter of Clearwater, Florida -- which, as the location of one hospice that Terri stayed in, and also the residence of her "husband," Michael, is interesting because it is also where a famous image of the Blessed Mother seemed to manifest in the reflection on an office building [see archives].

It was right around the corner where Terri was kept during the last close call, when the tubes were actually removed from Terri before the intervention of Governor Bush -- whose wife is devoted to Our Lady of Guadalupe and who with her husband visited the shrine near Mexico City.

The Clearwater image uncannily resembles the image of Guadalupe (which is associated with pro-life issues) and was smashed by a disturbed young man just before the Schiavo case first burst into national prominence.

It was first spotted on December 17, 1996, by a woman customer at what was then the Seminole Finance Corporation Building. As one newspaper noted, the image, two floors high, glowed and shimmered, turning from green to blue, to red, and there was a distinct outline of a head, a hooded robe and most of a torso. Skeptics claimed it was caused by a reflection of the sun's rays bouncing off water left by sprinklers, but that hardly explained how its glow often increased at night -- although [see below] it went dark just before September 11.

The 1996 time frame is when the dispute between the Schindlers and Michael Schiavo intensified, and when dark suspicions arose concerning Terri's care. In 1998, Michael petitioned the court for removal of her feeding and hydration tubes. His lawyer is described by some as a "yoga guru" attorney with strong New Age tendencies.

Whether or not it bears relevance, Clearwater is also headquarters for the Church of Scientology -- which teaches "prosperity for the able," with obvious implications. "Many Florida politicians and government officials have an accommodative relationship with Scientology," claims one website, citing alleged attendance at a Scientology anniversary gala of "over 540 dignitaries and guests from throughout the Tampa Bay area" on January 18, 2003. The area is also home to headquarters for the Shriners, if that bears any relevance. The courthouse for the judge in the Schiavo case is right next to the Scientology headquarters.

Has this brushing up against anti-Catholic had a spiritual effect? And is Clearwater also not clearly a spiritual battleground, pitting traditional Catholics against the move toward euthanasia?

Here, in the state of hurricanes (or "hurucans," the Indian word for "evil wind"), is where the prayers are needed, and here -- not in the court, not in the state legislature, not even in the U.S. Congress -- is where, in coming days, the real battle will be lost or won.

Have nothing to do with the evil deeds of darkness,
but rather reprove them. Ephesians 5:11

I have never understood why so many 'Christians' are fighting so hard to keep this woman alive when they go on and on about how pleasant and wondrous their Afterlife is going to be in comparison to everyone else's. If the next life is all that glorius, why force someone to continue this life incapcitated?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
HODEE Black Positive People : A CHANGED MIND - "DO NOT MOVE" ( For Some will not Enter the Spiritual Thread ) Not that they have no spirituality ..It's Also Black People Positive Black People Doing Positive Things 3
C Black People : Black Afrikans Has No Divine Spiritual Integrity Black People Open Forum 0
SwagII Black Spirituality Religion : The Religious/Spiritual Battles for the souls of Humankind. And the winner is... Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 6
Perfection Black People Politics : ├ѕтυdιeѕ in Ƀlack/₳frican ℒanguage┤The Spiritual and Philosophical Foundation for African Languages Black People Politics 0
TotalView Black Poetry : just saying it's not carnal it's spiritual Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : What are the spiritual deeds of Hot & Cold AACOOLDRE 0
Youko Black Spirituality Religion : SHAMANIC CALLING FEAR!! SPIRITUAL GUIDANCE NEEDED!! Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
YingYang11 Black Spirituality Religion : Spiritual Interpretation Depending on Race? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 15
jamesfrmphilly Black Spirituality Religion : should any spiritual leader b wealthy? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 54
candeesweet Black Spirituality Religion : Spiritual Teachers Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Blackbird Black Spirituality Religion : Negative Spiritual Work Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 17
Blackbird Black Spirituality Religion : African Spiritual Traditions! Would you be willing to? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
Phylecia Black Spirituality Religion : Where is the Black Spiritual Community in Rhode Island?de Island Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Education / Schools : Martial Arts, Sports and Healing Arts as spiritual guiding tool Black Education / Schools 34
Destee Black Spirituality Religion : Internet Spiritual Leaders - Cussing Folk Out ?! Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 5
CHOZIN Black Hebrew Israelites : Spiritual Israelite Black Hebrew Israelites Study Group 0
Akyas Easu Black Spirituality Religion : The Spiritual Person: Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
Siba Eusi The Front Porch : I'm seeking completely pre-christian African spiritual beliefs The Front Porch 14
BrittanyMalachi Spoken Word : "Imagine" an excerpt from A Poetic Anthology of Love and the Pursuit of Spiritual Growth Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
BrittanyMalachi Quiet Poetry Lounge : "Reality" an excerpt from A Poetic Anthology of Love and the Pursuit of Spiritual Growth Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
BrittanyMalachi Black Poetry : "Sweet Nothings" an excerpt from A Poetic Anthology of Love and the Pursuit of Spiritual Growth Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
BrittanyMalachi Black Poetry : A Poetic Anthology of Love and the Pursuit of Spiritual Growth Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Akyas Easu Black Spirituality Religion : Spiritual Reality: Meditation For Beginners. Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Breakthrough Black People : 11 Wealth Habits for Spiritual Mental Growth Black People Open Forum 10
Omowale Jabali Omowale Jabali : The Spiritual Heritage of Ancient Nubia Omowale Jabali 2
PurpleMoons Audio Video Web Conferencing : Marian Anderson - "Deep River" (Spiritual) Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Fine1952 Black Spirituality Religion : Spiritual Typology Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Akyas Easu Black Spirituality Religion : How to instigate a Spiritual Lovelution: Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 4
Moon Child Black Atheists : Can an athiest be spiritual? Atheist Study Group 55
noor100 Black Muslims : Racism,A Gross Sin and Psycho-Spiritual Illness Islam Study Group 2
thePreacher Black Spirituality Religion : Spiritual Warfare in High Places Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
kamau makesi-tehuti Black Spirituality Religion : FREE EVENT IN DC--Sacred Healing Circle for ALL Trad. Afrikan Spiritual Systems Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Nakeone African Traditional Religion : Can anyone Recommend African Spiritual Books? African Traditional Religion Study Group 13
Destee Black Spirituality Religion : What Spiritual Path Does Not Diminish Another Spiritual Path? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 44
Amnat77 Black People : Slaves' Spiritual Talismans Found Under Greenhouse Black People Open Forum 1
R Black Spirituality Religion : The Igbo spiritual system. I want to learn... Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 12
river Black Jokes Humor : A Little Too Spiritual Black Jokes Humor 3
Amnat77 South Africa : Sandra Laing: A Spiritual Journey - South Africa South Africa 1
jamesfrmphilly Black People : i hold the spiritual system responsible Black People Open Forum 109
M Black Spirituality Religion : Atheist, Non Religious - Spiritual Comfort? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 11
Ankhur Black Spirituality Religion : What is your Spiritual Gift or Service for the Common Good of the Race? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 8
Blackbird Black Spirituality Religion : The Spiritual Reality of Tortured Souls Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 4
A Black Spirituality Religion : WHY DO PEOPLE LACK SPIRITUAL KNOWLEDGE? FLESH VS. SPIRIT Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 11
dattaswami1 Black Spirituality Religion : Is the spiritual path filled with lot of stress Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
Destee Black Spirituality Religion : How Are Spiritual / Religious Leaders Trained ? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 50
Ankhur Black Spirituality Religion : What is the Spiritual Value of Discord? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 3
Ankhur Black Spirituality Religion : A Rich Spiritual Legacy from Kemet and all of Africa, why not express and share?? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 9
Ankhur Black Spirituality Religion : it's interesting to see where the spiritual focus is here Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Divine Spiritual Retreat, The Need Is Now. Chief Elder Osiris 0
K Black Spirituality Religion : Huna: An Ancient Spiritual and Magick System Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 15