Black Entertainment : Some Rough imagery in the movie "Us" kinda shocking!

Ndugu

Nov 18, 2016
No Spoliers , but I will say 2 things ;
I was shocked at how White Supremacy stereotypes, where thrust upfront as the start of the drama, and became somewhat the foundation, of the family in the pic !
1 The negligent Black Father stereotype , beats you over the head in the beginning of the movie and
2 the Self Defense Impotence of Middle Class Buppie Black men!

Maybe if he cast Michael Jai White , Michael B Jordan, or as the father the movie would have taken a dif course!

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
No Spoliers , but I will say 2 things ;
I was shocked at how White Supremacy stereotypes, where thrust upfront as the start of the drama, and became somewhat the foundation, of the family in the pic !
1 The negligent Black Father stereotype , beats you over the head in the beginning of the movie and
2 the Self Defense Impotence of Middle Class Buppie Black men!

Maybe if he cast Michael Jai White , Michael B Jordan, or as the father the movie would have taken a dif course!
images controlled by white people crop.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Black People : Sporosarcina pasteurii the cause of rough skin around ankle feet? Black People Open Forum 0
$$RICH$$ Audio Video Web Conferencing : Rough Side Of The Mountain Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Akilah Sudan : Sudan apologizes to Rice over rough up Sudan 5
R Black Spirituality Religion : Witch-craft, Paganism, Heathenism...a rough definition. Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 115
N Black Poetry : Rough Sex Times 2 (THEONE & Naujae) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
N Black Poetry : Rough Sex (THEONE & naujae collabo) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
T Black Poetry : Rough Sex Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
H Black Poetry : Making Lust (Rough Draft) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 14
E Black Poetry : Gem in the rough Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
baller Black Poetry : rough day at the office? Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
L Black Parenting : White Imagery - Need some advice Black Parenting 4
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Paul's Conversion: An explanation of the animal imagery AACOOLDRE 0
Liberty Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Change the Negative Imagery of Black Men Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 15
cherryblossom Black Spirituality Religion : Ashe to Amen: African Americans and Biblical Imagery Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
C Black People : Have You Ever Seen Ancient Kemetic Imagery Of Women With Large Butts or Breasts? Black People Open Forum 14
T Black People : FROM THE VAULT- The POWER in Imagery Black People Open Forum 2
cocobutterskyn Black Poetry : (H)imagery Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 23
S Black Poetry : ))))))))Sweet Imagery(((((((((( Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
MS234 Black People : How the movie ‘Contagion’ perfectly predicted the 2020 coronavirus crisis Black People Open Forum 20
R Black Poetry : black history always a whack mystery which involves whips and trips to trees for hangings nothing groovy or cute about the movie roots had to stoop to Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Queenie Law Forum : How real is the movie, "Black and Blue"? Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
MS234 Black Entertainment : 007 will be a black woman in new James Bond movie: report Black Entertainment 3
Al D Africa : Rihanna in African Movie "Quava Island" All Things Africa 0
Ndugu Black Entertainment : Don Shirley, band member, called "Green Book" movie a complete lie Black Entertainment 3
Ndugu Black People : Spike Lee's timely acceptance speech, for Oscar for a timely movie Black People Open Forum 0
OldSoul Black People : Lisa Trotter - where that other movie came from Black People Open Forum 1
Ndugu Black Entertainment : Who Benefits from Hollywood's free Black history comic book movie ?? Black Entertainment 4
Orisons Black Entertainment : Black Panther Movie Black Entertainment 0
Orisons Black People : The TRUTH about The Black Panther Movie? Black People Open Forum 0
Orisons Black Education / Schools : The Blank Panther Movie/Education Tool? Black Education / Schools 0
Orisons Black Education / Schools : The Blank Panther Movie/Education Tool! Black Education / Schools 2
W Black Entertainment : I really did not like black panther movie Black Entertainment 37
IFE Black People : women 'spread legs' for Weinstein movie roles Black People Open Forum 45
Kemetstry Black Entertainment : DETROIT: THE MOVIE Black Entertainment 10
jamesfrmphilly Black Positive People : tomi-adeyemi-book-movie Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Destee Black Entertainment : If you must reference a movie to share your story, make your point ... Black Entertainment 5
jamesfrmphilly Law Forum : naacp-minority-officers-association-slam-patriots-day-movie Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : Why 'Hidden Figures' is a Movie Everyone Should Watch Black Entertainment 13
jamesfrmphilly Black Entertainment : interracial themed horror movie... Black Entertainment 1
chuck Black Entertainment : Do Recall The Origins Of White Racism In The Movie Biz! Black Entertainment 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Central Intelligence (the Movie review) AACOOLDRE 0
Liberty Black Entertainment : What Was The Last Movie That Made You Emotional, Tear Up, Or Cry Black Entertainment 6
Liberty Black Entertainment : Zootopia: Yes, Disney Made a Movie About White Supremacy and the War on Drugs Black Entertainment 0
OldSoul OldSoul : Bernadette Stanis, 'Thelma' of Good Times talks about The Original Good Times Cast Movie OldSoul 0
Liberty Black Entertainment : What Are Your Favorite Movie Quotes? Black Entertainment 8
Liberty Black Entertainment : Lifetime Drops 'Toni Braxton: The Movie' Event Trailer (World Premiere January 23rd) Black Entertainment 0
Liberty Black Entertainment : THE COMPLETE MOVIE THREAD Black Entertainment 37
Liberty Black Entertainment : Will Smith Talks 'Concussion,' Living a Dream, Being More Than a Movie Star, Political Ambitions, Mo Black Entertainment 14
Liberty Black Entertainment : Name The Movie Game Black Entertainment 23
African American Movies Destee Network : Movie Site Just For Us Destee Network : 3