Congo : Some 200 women gang-raped near Congo UN base

sacredwoman

Jul 9, 2009
Occupation
Entrepreneur, Publisher, Writer, Healing Artist
Just wanted to say that Africa is the second largest continent in the world. Africa is huge, huge, huge. Not all tribes "HATE" each other, even though there might be beef here and there, which is quite frankly understandable cos we are afterall humans. There are parts of Africa that have serious problems and there are other areas that are peaceful and quite frankly, heavenly. I grew up there, so I know. Just wanted to say that cos i see a lot of general statements and ignorance on this thread, pple making comments about Africa like she is one tiny contained village when in fact, she is not.

chuck

Aug 9, 2003
True, but misogyny and violence against women go hand in hand.
Good evening, and I hardly dismiss the fact as regards the one as sometimes the consequence of the other, but also sometimes folk use the wrong means/ways/etc. to express their disagreements

I. e., they tend to make it personal/be subjective about it all, etc., whereas it will take raising social awareness etc. about what has become a one sided notion of who is considered blameless/who shares too much of the blame/etc.

To me:

What is at the heart of this particular issue/problem/etc. in 2010 is both consenting parties self indulgence/irresponsibility/etc. when it comes to their lack of moral scruples etc.

Too many in our midst blur the distinction, i. e., between their self serving takes on personal freedom-- as opposed to accepting any personal responsibility, as in--what some of us used to associate with/take for granted it meant and took to really and truly be 'be an adult'; i. e.,as contrasted with why so males and females bring into our midst via unplanned pregnancies, etc., if not abandoned thought neglected children, also as though it's natural and normal, whereas it was condemned and a source of shame-- even when I was growing up--back in the fifties and sixties...

It has also been said/written/etc-- via a post on one of these forums, some of those Congo rebels listen to a lot of gangsta rap--!

Hence yet another case study:

That we have to reconsider not only the role models we emulate-- or mimic-- here--also others do likewise-- everywhere else!

:10500:

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Ms Drea wrote on Kemetstry's profile.
Brother Kem.. Marva Collins passed June 24, 2015
Sister Destee how have you been? It's been a while but I'm glad to be back. I see many changes so I'll browse around to get my feel of things again
sekou kasimu wrote on Destee's profile.
Jambo! I deleted a post that was a duplication. Both were deleted!!! Can you find it and repost it for me? I put a lot of work into it!
Destee wrote on shaka64's profile.
Hi Brother shaka64 ... Welcome Home! :heart:
Destee, my Sister!! I am sending you greetings with love from a rainy and relentless overcast Michigan! But you continue to bring sunshine into my life and for that I am eternally grateful! I LOVE the new look and features in the community. I hope you're enjoying your best life. Love and peace...:heart: