Congo : Some 200 women gang-raped near Congo UN base

Amnat77

Dec 11, 2006
UK..not for long
Occupation
professional.
Let me explain it in goo goo gaga language now. Pay close attention to the underlined words . I said plenty of times these men are CRIMINALS who should be jailed but instead they are equiped by whites with weapons to steal diamonds , gold. etc for profit.---- The Congo is a land of over 40 TRIBES. Land, water, grazing areas, etc dictate what happens between these factions who only are loyal to certain other tribes. If a Tutsi woman heads to a pond in Hutu territory or if a Tutsi male takes his cattle to a pond in Hutu territory, it is highly likely, they will be killed. PERIOD!!! Tribes do not see themselves as ethnic bros and sisters. Whites know of this and fuel weapons for wars that are for their profit and gain. AND BEING THAT WHITE EUROPE SAT BY AND WATCHED OVER 800,000 PEOPLE KILLED WITHOUT DOING ANYTHING, THEY ARE GUILTY OF CRIMES OF OMMISSION(FAILURE TO ACT). Genital mutilation is done to assure that you won't be having any babies to invade territory with their water needs or cattle needs. [U]Rape[/U] is done to assure that she is degraded enough to warn other women not to try to chop down wood over in some area of the jungle that is not their land. ---- If u remember in 1995, BOSNIAN men did the same to MUSLIM ALBANIAN WOMEN by sticking clothe hangers in their vaginas to stop them from reproducing. The same happens in India against Muslim women. ---- Here is what you should do if you are that concerned being that u seem very interested and steered up by this. Go to www.crossculturesolutions.com and join so that you can go sow up these women who are suffering. But be warned, you are gonna need a lesson in tribes and clans before you get involved and many aid workers get kidnapped never to be seen again. Constanlty explaining to me how lost you are is doing zero for Congolese women
This is pure rubbish and you have no knowledge of African history. Rape is used as weapon in the area because that culture CONSIDERS A WOMEN FOREVER TAINTED after she has been raped, often times the husbands of these women leave them for being raped hence the objective of the rape is achieved -disintegration of family unit, which leads to disintegration of the community- which makes that area and ripe for foreign take over.

and StefiA dear ,Hyper kill dose not ''passively defend men'' HE Aggressivelyand OPENLY DEFENDS BLACK MEN BECAUSE OF HIS DEEP HATRED FOR BLACK WOMEN!!!

RAPE IS USED AS A WEAPON IN THAT AREA TO DESTROY THE PEOPLE, JUST AS RAPE IS USE AS A WEAPON IN THE AMERICAN MILITARY TO SEND A MESSAGE TO ALL WOMEN: KNOW YOUR PLACE!!!

But you'll die first before you'll admit that men CHOSE to operate on lowest primal level because it is easier.:court:

StefiA

Jul 24, 2010
@Hyperkill
"Tribes do not see themselves as ethnic bros and sisters"
Well at least you're the first person that has admitted that to me as everyone else seems to be saying that Africa is some utopia where everything was peace and light before the white man arrived...but it seems there was competition for land, water and grazing and presumably this has existed since before then. Isn't this then just what I've been saying all along... that white people made the situation worse, but that the local people are responsible as well. Whites may have exploited the tribes hatred for each other, but that hatred existed before they arrived. All I'm basically saying when taken to the total extreme is that even if every white person in the world was/is evil that doesn't mean every evil deed was/is done by a white person - people have a responsibility for their own actions - as a Christian I believe that when I'm judged I'll be judged on what I personally did. As for Bosnia I was 9 at the time so I've no idea what went on there, but knowing how much love there is between Christians and Muslims in this world I can believe what you're saying.
The reason as you say I'm steered up by it I hinted at in one of my earlier posts and anyone else who has any actual experience of anything remotely like this will be steered up by it - and I will go look at that website.
"Constantly explaining to me how lost you are is doing zero for Congolese women"
I didn't expect it would - I was just reacting emotionally to your opening comments about how stupid I am - how would you expect someone with my history, which you knew about from that Special Ed thread, to react to those comments.

HyperKill

Banned
Dec 18, 2009
sigh...i don't think that anyone is saying these rapist should not be punished....they should have their dycks cut off if u ask me...
punishing them alone will not solve this issue though....

one love
khasm
Exactly, its way deeper than that an the rape that is happening is not because of simple perversion. There are many types of rape. During slavery it was done to degrade and controll but more importantly if u read the Willie L. Letters, it was done to create a color casting system that still effects us today.

Ezinne

Aug 13, 2009
Occupation
writer, filmmaker
@Hyperkill
"Tribes do not see themselves as ethnic bros and sisters"
Well at least you're the first person that has admitted that to me as everyone else seems to be saying that Africa is some utopia where everything was peace and light before the white man arrived...but it seems there was competition for land, water and grazing and presumably this has existed since before then. Isn't this then just what I've been saying all along... that white people made the situation worse, but that the local people are responsible as well. Whites may have exploited the tribes hatred for each other, but that hatred existed before they arrived. All I'm basically saying when taken to the total extreme is that even if every white person in the world was/is evil that doesn't mean every evil deed was/is done by a white person - people have a responsibility for their own actions - as a Christian I believe that when I'm judged I'll be judged on what I personally did. As for Bosnia I was 9 at the time so I've no idea what went on there, but knowing how much love there is between Christians and Muslims in this world I can believe what you're saying.
The reason as you say I'm steered up by it I hinted at in one of my earlier posts and anyone else who has any actual experience of anything remotely like this will be steered up by it - and I will go look at that website.
"Constantly explaining to me how lost you are is doing zero for Congolese women"
I didn't expect it would - I was just reacting emotionally to your opening comments about how stupid I am - how would you expect someone with my history, which you knew about from that Special Ed thread, to react to those comments.
I just wanted to make a correction here in the bolded part. I don't think that assessment above is accurate, you can say some people think that, but everyone, hardly.

StefiA

Jul 24, 2010
@Ezinne
No, agreed I made it too general - it should have read everyone else who has told me about Africa has said its some kind of utopia...

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
Some 200 women gang-raped near Congo UN base

By MICHELLE FAUL (AP)
JOHANNESBURG — Rwandan and Congolese rebels gang-raped nearly 200 women and some baby boys over four days within miles of a U.N. peacekeepers' base in an eastern Congo mining district, an American aid worker and a Congolese doctor said Monday.

Will F. Cragin of the International Medical Corps said aid and U.N. workers knew rebels had occupied Luvungi town and surrounding villages in eastern Congo the day after the attack began on July 30.

More than three weeks later, the U.N. peacekeeping mission in Congo has issued no statement about the atrocities and said Monday it still is investigating.

Cragin told The Associated Press by telephone that his organization was only able to get into the town, which he said is about 10 miles (16 kilometers) from a U.N. military camp, after rebels ended their brutal spree of raping and looting and withdrew of their own accord on Aug. 4.

At U.N. headquarters in New York, spokesman Martin Nesirky said Monday that a U.N. Joint Human Rights team verified allegations of the rape of at least 154 women by combatants from the Rwandan rebel FDLR group and Congolese Mai-Mai rebels in the village of Bunangiri. He said the victims are receiving medical and psycho-social care.

Nesirky said the U.N. peacekeeping mission has a military company operating base in Kibua, some 30 kilometers (about 19 miles) east of the village, but he said FDLR attackers blocked the road and prevented villagers from reaching the nearest communication point.

Civil society leader Charles Masudi Kisa said there were only about 25 peacekeepers and that they did what they could against some 200 to 400 rebels who occupied the town of about 2,200 people and five nearby villages.

"When the peacekeepers approached a village, the rebels would run into the forest, but then the Blue Helmets had to move on to another area, and the rebels would just return," Masudi said.

There was no fighting and no deaths, Cragin said, just "lots of pillaging and the systematic raping of women."

Four young boys also were raped, said Dr. Kasimbo Charles Kacha, the district medical chief. Masudi said they were babies aged one month, six months, a year and 18 months.

"Many women said they were raped in their homes in front of their children and husbands, and many said they were raped repeatedly by three to six men," Cragin said. Others were dragged into the nearby forest.

International and local health workers have treated 179 women but the number raped could be much higher as terrified civilians still are hiding, he said.

"We keep going back and identifying more and more cases," he said. "Many of the women are returning from the forest naked, with no clothes."

He said that by the time they got help it was too late to administer medication against AIDS and contraception to all but three of the survivors.

READ MORE: http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jPEADE6LA6PT95DxLVS1noE80bwQD9HPEAS02
How do I respond to this without someone taking it the wrong way?

Tragic situation no doubt. Since these thing happen to be commonplace in some parts of Africa (historically) I dont want to downplay the raping of African women.

But how can someone even think about raping a ONE MONTH OLD baby???

How is that even possible (i dont really wanna know, the thought has been making me sick since reading this a few days ago)???

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
Exactly, its way deeper than that an the rape that is happening is not because of simple perversion. There are many types of rape. During slavery it was done to degrade and controll but more importantly if u read the Willie L. Letters, it was done to create a color casting system that still effects us today.
You are correct. This is not "because of simple perversion". The raping of a ONE MONTH OLD child is way beyond simple.

Its indicative of how complex the perversion and disregard for human life has become.

HyperKill

Banned
Dec 18, 2009
You are correct. This is not "because of simple perversion". The raping of a ONE MONTH OLD child is way beyond simple.

Its indicative of how complex the perversion and disregard for human life has become.
I read somewhere about the British teaching that certain stds could be cured by sleeping with newborns. But central Africa is full of beliefs that'll blow your mind.

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
I read somewhere about the British teaching that certain stds could be cured by sleeping with newborns. But central Africa is full of beliefs that'll blow your mind.
What actually is blowing my mind are the statistics on the rise of child rape in South Africa in the post-apartheid era.

It is a major cause for the spread of HIV/Aids.

chuck

Aug 9, 2003
As bad as things are here:

Things are worse there!

Anybody suggesting we bail from here to there?

My gosh their naivete etc.reveals too much!

We must end our romantizing here for their sakes there too!

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Clarity to pursue my mission in 2020
Destee wrote on Omowale Jabali's profile.
Hi Brother O! YAAAAAY! Good to see you! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year! :heart:
Destee wrote on King Tubbs's profile.
Hi Brother - so good to see you in the house again! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year Beloved! :heart:
Destee wrote on Ms Drea's profile.
Sister ... what did you decide? How will we be moving forward? I've been working, I am excited. I Love You! Happy New Year Beloved! :heart:
One-Hundredd wrote on Destee's profile.
Hope you having a happy holidayz