Congo : Some 200 women gang-raped near Congo UN base

chuck

Aug 9, 2003
True, but misogyny and violence against women go hand in hand.
Good evening, and I hardly dismiss the fact as regards the one as sometimes the consequence of the other, but also sometimes folk use the wrong means/ways/etc. to express their disagreements

I. e., they tend to make it personal/be subjective about it all, etc., whereas it will take raising social awareness etc. about what has become a one sided notion of who is considered blameless/who shares too much of the blame/etc.

To me:

What is at the heart of this particular issue/problem/etc. in 2010 is both consenting parties self indulgence/irresponsibility/etc. when it comes to their lack of moral scruples etc.

Too many in our midst blur the distinction, i. e., between their self serving takes on personal freedom-- as opposed to accepting any personal responsibility, as in--what some of us used to associate with/take for granted it meant and took to really and truly be 'be an adult'; i. e.,as contrasted with why so males and females bring into our midst via unplanned pregnancies, etc., if not abandoned thought neglected children, also as though it's natural and normal, whereas it was condemned and a source of shame-- even when I was growing up--back in the fifties and sixties...

It has also been said/written/etc-- via a post on one of these forums, some of those Congo rebels listen to a lot of gangsta rap--!

Hence yet another case study:

That we have to reconsider not only the role models we emulate-- or mimic-- here--also others do likewise-- everywhere else!

:10500:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : Every person alive today descended from a woman who lived in modern-day Botswana about 200,000 years ago, a new study finds Science and Technology 0
OldSoul Black People : Missing: Terrance Williams & Felipe Santos; Tyler Perry offers up to $200,000 reward Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Check your eggs! 200 million eggs recalled over salmonella fears Black Health and Wellness 0
jamesfrmphilly Black People : police-catch-pigeon-carrying-nearly-200-ecstasy-pills.... Black People Open Forum 0
OldSoul OldSoul : British Slaveholders Received the Equivalent of $200 Billion in Reparations OldSoul 10
Alarm Clock Black People : It Took 200 years to Be Free of Physical Slavery, Another 200 Years to Be Free of Mental Slavery??? Black People Open Forum 1
Keita Kenyatta Egypt : Sunken Egyptian city reveals 1,200-year-old secrets Egypt 1
Keita Kenyatta South Africa : Giant Foot Print 200 Million Yrs Old - South Africa South Africa 3
Destee Black People : Zimmerman Got $200,000 From His Web Site - in 2 Weeks! Black People Open Forum 11
S Black People : Chinese court upholds death sentences for coal mine bosses responsible for deadly 200 Black People Open Forum 28
A Black People : Ancient Human Metropolis Found in Africa over 200,000 years old. Black People Open Forum 20
S Malawi : NEWS: 200 Malawi citizens lose their land for Madonna's School Malawi 4
H Black Weight Loss : Eat Healthy and Be Active in 2010! Chance to Win a $200 Gift Certificate!!! Black Health and Wellness 0
H Eat Healthy and Be Active in 2010! Chance to Win a $200 Gift Certificate!!! Black Health and Wellness 0
A Black Weight Loss : 1,3-DIMETHYLAMYLAMINE 200 CAP Black Health and Wellness 0
F She Dropped 200 Black Health and Wellness 1
J Black People : HOW MANY MILLIONS OF BLACK PEOPLE HAVE WHITE PEOPLE KILLED LAST 200 YEARS ALONE? Black People Open Forum 5
G Black Spirituality Religion : Brothers, Sista, can you spare $300, $500, $1000, $200,000?PIMP GAME IN ACTION...... Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
D Black Sports : 200 millions too much for David beckham???? Black Sports 1
D Black People : US "loses" 200,000 AK-47's Black People Open Forum 2
H Black People : 200,000 Clowns, In Black Face, On Parade Black People Open Forum 5
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Women : Black Women, Grillz, And The Reclamation Of Power Black Women 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Christians : Texas mayor tells council member women can’t pray at city meetings because Bible forbids it Christian Study Group 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : Black women prosecutors face racial discrimination, death threats Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 2
OldSoul Black People : Consciousness Raising OnLine - HerStory: Black Women Athletes Re-view Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Money Business Jobs : Brand (The Honey Pot) Targeted With Racist Reviews Over Ad Empowering Black Women Black Money Business Jobs 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Ethiopia : 124 years ago, Ethiopian men and women defeated the Italian army in the Battle of Adwa Ethiopia 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : 'I'm not coming here to conform': Black women on why wearing their natural hair at work matters Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 0
SwagII Black Relationships : Are Men & Women Sexually Greedy by Nature, Or What? Black Relationships 8
SwagII Black Women : AGGRESSIVE WOMEN INDEED... Black Women 1
SwagII Black Relationships : Black Women Speak To Your Black Men! Black Relationships 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Homeless women who took over California home gain support Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Kemetstry Black Relationships : WOMEN WHO MAKE THE 1ST MOVE HAVE MORE DATING SUCCESS Black Relationships 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Evangelist Has Powerful Response To Claim That Women Shouldn't Preach Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Chyko Black Relationships : Black Women Should Allow Black Men To Have Side Chicks – Mo’Nique Black Relationships 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : Miss USA, Miss Teen USA and Miss America are all black women. This 'Essence' cover honors the monumental moment Black Entertainment 0
Queenie Law Forum : Black Lives Matter: Including Black Women Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Women : Today – August 22 – is the day Black women’s wages finally catch up Black Women 0
OldSoul Black People : Mãe Preta (Black Mother): Brazil Exhibition recovers history of black women who breastfed the white children during slavery Black People Open Forum 0
F Black People : Is real empowerment truly possible if Black men and Black women are disconnected from each other? Black People Open Forum 6
OldSoul Black People : Black Women Too Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Relationships : R. Kelly’s Victims Ignored for 30 Years, Everything to Do With the Fact That They are Black Women Black Relationships 32
Clyde C Coger Jr Single Black Mothers : The Quiet Crisis Killing Black Women Black Women 8
Perfection Black People Politics : In Context Series: Dangerous Bodies: Women's Nakedness and Theology Black People Politics 0
Perfection Black Women : ▶Speaking of Black Women◀Black Women’s Memories and The Help Black Women 0
Perfection Black Women : ▶Speaking of Black Women◀White Women & Black Men: Different Responses in Reading Black Women's Texts Black Women 0
Perfection Black Women : ▶Speaking of Black Women◀Teaching Black Women's Heritage Black Women 0
Perfection Black Women : ▶Speaking of Black Women◀Recruitment & Retention of Black Women as Public School Superintendents Black Women 0
Perfection Black Women : ▶Speaking of Black Women◀ Black Women Composers in Chicago: Then and Now Black Women 1
Perfection Black Women : ▶Speaking of Black Women◀ Mining the Forgotten: Manuscript Sources for Black Women's History Black Women 0